The Student Room Group

Dentistry

Is there a point in me considering Dentistry as a option if i have the following GCSE grades.

Maths:A
Engish lit: B
English Lang: B
Psychology:B
History:A
Science Unit1: A*
Science Unit2: A*
Health and Social: A *
R.E:A*
Compueter Science : B
why hello there fellow aspiring dentist! yes is the answer
I want to be a dentist aswell but I am worried I have got a B in everything... :frown: Leeds and other Unis accept my grades but is there too much competion to join??
Reply 3
Original post by Faizan.786123
Is there a point in me considering Dentistry as a option if i have the following GCSE grades.

Maths:A
Engish lit: B
English Lang: B
Psychology:B
History:A
Science Unit1: A*
Science Unit2: A*
Health and Social: A *
R.E:A*
Compueter Science : B

Have you had your GCSE results or are these predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
These are predictoins. I think these predictions are quite accurate as i have read through all possible unofficial markschemes and made an unbiased prediction to each paper.
Reply 5
Original post by Faizan.786123
These are predictoins. I think these predictions are quite accurate as i have read through all possible unofficial markschemes and made an unbiased prediction to each paper.

I definitely think you should still consider dentistry - they're good grades and you never know you may even get better results! Make sure to work really hard at A Level because that's what unis are more concerned about :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z1820
I definitely think you should still consider dentistry - they're good grades and you never know you may even get better results! Make sure to work really hard at A Level because that's what unis are more concerned about :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou. I will work hard to my full potential at A-Levels.
Considering it is good of course. I also want to be a dentist..predicted all A/A*s.

You've got the sciences at A* and the Health+Social at A* too. Maths and Hist at A are good. R.E. A* is also very good.

The English and computer science and psychology are okay but I think they suffice the conditions for dentistry.
competition for dentistry is high

Quick Reply

Latest