The Student Room Group

Shooting in gay club in Florida

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by KingBradly
I wonder who the left will support in this? Muslims or gays?

The gay community needs to protected from this savagery.

They will probably blame Donald trump and global warming for this act of terrorism, just watch
Original post by Thutmose-III
Oh no, don't say anything that might upset them; they might blow us up.

F*** them! People are sick of their crap. If they don't find the West to their liking then they can piss off back to the Middle East

realistically this is never gonna happen so your wise and fruitful attempts to raise awareness about radicalised muslims is against deaf ears
Original post by Listers
I'm not attacking the muslims, I'm attacking the ideology they follow, Islam. The religion that promotes violence, rape, spousal abuse, explicit sexual intercourse, war, terrorism, robbery etc

And we also have thousands almost millions of muslims living in the west who want Shari'a to be the law of the land, hate democracy, and have not integrated so this point you made is daft clueless and irrelevant.

Right.

The same response that anyone who points out the violence in Islam is either racist, a white supremacist a troll, or all 3 at the same time.

Keep it up.

You seem passionate about the issue, why not go and do something meaningful about it instead of spouting your two cents after every terrorist attack to some students on an academic forum?
Original post by HanSoloLuck
It was a suicidal Muslim terrorist targeting a gay bar, he had a suicide vest on for crying out loud, had he not had a gun he would have blown the place up or driven a lorry into the crowd at closing.

Using this to forward an anti-gun argument is deplorable, the cause was Islam, the weapon was a Muslim. Without a gun you are positing what ? He'd learn to tolerate homosexuals and not have attempted this, unlikely.

i do not see how this appalling event can give succour to gun freaks.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting
Reply 44
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
realistically this is never gonna happen so your wise and fruitful attempts to raise awareness about radicalised muslims is against deaf ears

So his comments are against deaf ears?

What?

You sound quite defensive. Not a sympathiser are you?
We need guns to protect ourselves... My rights to bear arms.!!!!.....second amendment...... Freedom..
Original post by Thutmose-III
You sound quite defensive. Not a sympathiser are you?

Yes

oddly enough I sympathise for the thousands of Muslims who had nothing to do with the shooting who are now going to face persecution
Because last time I checked, homosexuality isn't an ideology. If a gay person committed a mass shooting, they would pretty much ignore his sexual orientation.

There's really no difference. As I said, gay people have been discriminated against yet don't immediately turn to radicalisation. If you want to bring ideology into it - Jews are discriminated against all the time in the West yet don't turn to radicalisation.

Also, if a shooter was suspected as being motivated by sexuality in some way, then it would absolutely be mentioned in the press and elsewhere.
Reply 50
Original post by Grand High Witch
There's really no difference. As I said, gay people have been discriminated against yet don't immediately turn to radicalisation. If you want to bring ideology into it - Jews are discriminated against all the time in the West yet don't turn to radicalisation.

Also, if a shooter was suspected as being motivated by sexuality in some way, then it would absolutely be mentioned in the press and elsewhere.

That's primarily because Murder is against Judaism and their God doesn't command them to wage Jihad against infidels
Original post by Grand High Witch

Welcome to the media.
Original post by the bear
i do not see how this appalling event can give succour to gun freaks.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

I'm not suggesting this should be used as ammunition for either side, you are, the cause of this was Islam not the current gun law. Suggesting that without the current gun law this would have been less severe or not happened is hypothetical politically bias nonsense, you should be ashamed of bringing it up and so should anyone else that has.

When someone goes out to kill homosexuals in the name of Islam, the problem is Islam, not that he had access to fertilizer or household cleaning products he used to make the bomb, it was not because people are allowed to own guns. Again, using this argument in that fashion is sickening.
The Ramadam games are as usual raising the bloodshed.

A big wake up call for the LGBT community that Islam (Like Christianity) does not accept them and some of its followers will massacre them just for being who they are
Original post by neal95
I'm sure the gay rights movement will still support Islam and greater Muslim immigration into the western world

That isn't what we support.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
you should be ashamed of bringing it up and so should anyone else that has.

i should feel ashamed for supporting automatic weapons control ? i do not understand

:hmmmm2:
Original post by joecphillips
Muslims are top of the oppression olympics so it will be them every time, any way gay men aren't oppressed anymore

Well, that's not necessarily true. Having legal protections and rights doesn't mean homosexuals aren't oppressed, gay men in particular.
Original post by KingBradly
I wonder who the left will support in this? Muslims or gays?

The gay community needs to protected from this savagery.

I agree it's savagery but the gay community needs no more protecting from this than anyone else (including all young people who might engage in their city's nightlife, we saw that in Paris). Also, statistically speaking there are gay people doing the protecting too. There will be gay people on the ground in the SOF units in Syria and Iraq, gay drone operators, gay intelligence officers and targeters.
Original post by Mathemagicien
I thought gay men were not oppressed these days?

https://www.rt.com/uk/337061-gay-males-lbgt-dominate/

:lol:.

That article really pissed me off the first time I read it.
Reply 59
Original post by ivybridge
Well, that's not necessarily true. Having legal protections and rights doesn't mean homosexuals aren't oppressed, gay men in particular.

I'm just saying what the sjw's and nus say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending