The Student Room Group

GCSE GEOGRAPHY HUMAN 8/6/2016 How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
I did the exact same case studies as you.
We asked the head of Geography in my school and he said either Kenya or ecotourism (e.g. Tataquara lodge).
I missed out the u in Tataquara each time I wrote it so I'm going to get stupid marks deducted from it for SPAG

THANK YOU SO MUCH I was really worried that tataquara lodge wasn't allowed
Original post by CFormby
THANK YOU SO MUCH I was really worried that tataquara lodge wasn't allowed

In my year it was a 50:50 split and we were all scared our case studies were wrong!
But Tataquara is in a tropical area so it would be fine.
Hey for the population change 8-marker "account for strategies used by one country to manage rapid population growth" I did Egypt and I did not say anything about reducing babies etc. I just did build more housing, more sewage systems are built due to the increasing population. Will I get zero??? (I normally get 6-8 if that helps). And can I still get 3 marks for SPAG?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by :)RS
I put that because there is better technology on the farms, less children are needed to work and that therefore reduces the birth rate, is that correct?

Yeah that's also correct!
Original post by amanii_ox
i did the london bombing in 2002 terrorist which cause decline... then in 2012 tourism started to increase due to 2012 olympics and recession in 1990s I think it was wrong :frown:(

I didn't do tourism sorry!
Original post by johnhall027
i think you also could have said, as technology advances in agriculture, the farming of the land shifts towards mechanisation meaning less children need to be concieved to help out and farm on the land, thats the textbook example

Yeah it is, there's more than one answer to the questions generally, as long as its well developed and makes sense they seem to give marks to most answers :smile:
Original post by camstone2407
It was in development gap and not urbanisation.

I did Galapagos Islands for the eco tourism case study in tourism

Yeah I thought it was :smile:
Reply 307
Original post by verbs36
Hey for the population change 8-marker "account for strategies used by one country to manage rapid population growth" I did Egypt and I did not say anything about reducing babies etc. I just did build more housing, more sewage systems are built due to the increasing population. Will I get zero??? (I normally get 6-8 if that helps). And can I still get 3 marks for SPAG?

SPaG yes you should get marks as it's separate, and I have no idea if that's right/wrong as most people I've seen did China/Indonesia but there's no reason to say that you'll get zero. If it were down to me that seems relevant so will get you at least 4 marks if not more but I'm not 100% sure
For population what did you guys put for the agricultural change?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jawsomesauce35
For population what did you guys put for the agricultural change?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If the economy is based on agriculture and not manufacturing, there will be a higher birth rate due to more children needed to work on farms. If the economy is based on manufacturing, there will be a lower BR as less are needed to work on farms

I don't remember if it was about population change or BR but something along those lines
Original post by vincentvangogh
If the economy is based on agriculture and not manufacturing, there will be a higher birth rate due to more children needed to work on farms. If the economy is based on manufacturing, there will be a lower BR as less are needed to work on farms

I don't remember if it was about population change or BR but something along those lines

My teacher said that the question wasn't part of the syllabus so I couldn't answer it

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teacher said that the question wasn't part of the syllabus so I couldn't answer it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, it was on my revision guide for the population pyramids which explained the changes of BR and DR
Original post by caitlinford3
It was a picture of an African woman and you had to annotate the figure as to why her having a stove (not a proper oven) would increase her quality of life. I feel like it was in the development gap though, can't remember it being in urbanisation

Yeh I did urban as well but I vividly going through the insert and seeing an african woman but im positive it wasnt in uran
Original post by dhanjaldurueli
Yeh I did urban as well but I vividly going through the insert and seeing an african woman but im positive it wasnt in uran

That question is for changing rural environments not urban

Posted from TSR Mobile
That question is for changing rural environments not urban

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it was development gap :smile:
Original post by caitlinford3
It was a picture of an African woman and you had to annotate the figure as to why her having a stove (not a proper oven) would increase her quality of life. I feel like it was in the development gap though, can't remember it being in urbanisation

do you remember any other topics in that past paper it would a great help if you can tell me thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending