The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Darwinion
I think I got around 170 marks too. Had a poor non-calc paper but smashed the calc. Last year was 155 for A* and although that will rise I can't see it rising by 15. That' too much.

I am exactly the same as you! Did really badly in my non calculator, but amazingly in my calculator!! I think I've got between 168-171. I am praying this is an A*😭 they can't surely raise the boundaries to 170!!! I reckon about 165
Original post by Darwinion
I think I got around 170 marks too. Had a poor non-calc paper but smashed the calc. Last year was 155 for A* and although that will rise I can't see it rising by 15. That' too much.

Aww unlucky! Hopefully we did get the A*! I really need it and something is telling me that I haven't got the A* and I feel like EdExcel will increase it by a lot for some reason :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
would i get 2 marks for the part b for stem and leaf

i put 9/20 in my working but 45% in my anwet
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries could be for a B and A? I've only seen people's opinions on the boundaries for an A* but unfortunately I'm not that clever! 😁
Original post by mummy2maisie123
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries could be for a B and A? I've only seen people's opinions on the boundaries for an A* but unfortunately I'm not that clever! 😁

Last years were:
B - 95/200
A - 125/200

I'm suspecting a B will be around 104 and an A around 136, possibly higher but I know a lot of people who struggled with the papers so they won't increase massively in my opinion - even though the majority on here found it easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethanyjx
Last years were:
B - 95/200
A - 125/200

I'm suspecting a B will be around 104 and an A around 136, possibly higher but I know a lot of people who struggled with the papers so they won't increase massively in my opinion - even though the majority on here found it easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jun 15 was an exception, esp. For A Grade

November 2015 was 98/135 B/A
what grade is 170/200
Guys i wrote 9.25 bot 9.25cm will i get peanalised

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the premieter question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok...so...I totally messed up on this whole exam! Overall i've counted around 70marks for both papers combined 🙈 please tell me i'll at least get a C grade!!!!
Original post by Samira.j90
Ok...so...I totally messed up on this whole exam! Overall i've counted around 70marks for both papers combined 🙈 please tell me i'll at least get a C grade!!!!

A C in June 2015 was 65 marks and in June 2014 was 57 marks. Therefore you might have scraped it!
Original post by Samira.j90

The C grade has not been over 65 in the last 12 exams. Also, if you haven't added part-answered questions to your totals, and have shown working, these will add up.

A "C" is not guaranteed but the odds are on your side.
what grade is 169/200
Original post by DrPeter
The C grade has not been over 65 in the last 12 exams. Also, if you haven't added part-answered questions to your totals, and have shown working, these will add up.

A "C" is not guaranteed but the odds are on your side.

I counted 70 marks with harsh marking, so I know I must have gotten a few marks more. Can't wait until August, all i need is a C grade anyway...never planning on doing maths ever again ahaha
is there an exam for ggsce core science in november with the old spec
Original post by Debruyne
is there an exam for ggsce core science in november with the old spec

Exam board?
Original post by Speedbird129
Exam board?

Thanks for the reply it edexcel

:smile:
Thanks for the reply it edexcel

:smile:

*its edexcel
*its edexcel

Unfortunately I don't know how this exam board works?
Original post by Speedbird129
Unfortunately I don't know how this exam board works?

no worries but i really did want to know so i could start revisingg early

thanks anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending