The Student Room Group

How do you find the social side of computer science?

I'm currently deciding what path to take at university, and find computer science really interesting. However, I don't know if I would enjoy it because of the certain stereotype surrounding computer science students, do you find others on the course to fit this stereotype, or do you enjoy the social side of comp sci?
Original post by TheRudentStoom
I'm currently deciding what path to take at university, and find computer science really interesting. However, I don't know if I would enjoy it because of the certain stereotype surrounding computer science students, do you find others on the course to fit this stereotype, or do you enjoy the social side of comp sci?

What stereotype exactly? You won't really find a one stereotype fits the majority tbh.

As for enjoying the social side of comp sci.. I enjoy it in small doses, and around those I made friends with during first year. There's a whole host of people, from sociable individuals to the abominable (hyper-critical, lazy, and just generally antisocial - People that just spend the entire day making people in a 2 seat radius feel worthless and/or depressed). Most of the latter people end up dropping out at one point or another though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheRudentStoom

Computer science students are of a variety. You'll meet a wide range of people, the stereotype doesnt apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending