The Student Room Group

How the left respond to the recent attack in Orlando now we know the perp was Muslim?

Post all the usual self-serving clichés, deflections, and various iterations of self-righteous apathy that the left will now spew out in regards to this atrocity.

Then, for bonus points, imagine what they would say if the perp wasn't a Muslim.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingBradly
Post all the usual self-serving clichés, deflections, and various iterations of self-righteous apathy that the left will now spew out in regards to this atrocity.

Then, for bonus points, imagine what they would say if the perp was a Christian American.

We would say exactly the same thing, you can't generalise a group of people based on the actions of a few.

How does that not get to your brain?

--
Edit :- it looks like you changed your OP to:

Then, for bonus points, imagine what they would say if the perp wasn't a Muslim.

lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Axel Johann
We would say exactly the same thing, you can't generalise a group of people based on the actions of a few.

How is this relevant?
How is this relevant?

I was referring to both versions of the 'bonus points' part that you posted.
Wait to see the first few opinion pieces in the Guardian for your answer.
Who cares what the reason is.
The main reason is a lack of gun control in the USA.

All other reasons are meaningless drivel
Reply 6
Remember that white neo mazi murdered church goers in a black church? That was all hushed down. Same with neo nazi killing Sikhs in a Gurdwara. Muslims are plastered all over the media.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Axel Johann
I was referring to both versions of the 'bonus points' part that you posted.

Why is generalisation the problem here? No one is saying all Muslims do this kind of stuff. We all know most Muslims just want to live in peace. But it's still irrelevant.
Reply 8
Original post by SMEGGGY
Remember that white neo mazi murdered church goers in a black church? That was all hushed down. Same with neo nazi killing Sikhs in a Gurdwara. Muslims are plastered all over the media.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The black church shooting? Hushed down??? What?? How much of a fantasy world are you prepared to create in-order to validate your ridiculous views?
What about the right response?

"more guns!"
"Islam is a dangerous ideology, ban all Muslims!"

at least the left response acknowledges that this is a very small number of muslims
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Typical Islamic nonsense.
I just dont get that when a Muslim is attacked the left cry that their is a mass outbreak of islamophobia in the West.

When it's the other way round, they say it's a minority of extremist Muslims???

I hope all the white, liberal women will be out in droves like they would if a White, Christian guy did this attack...
Reply 12
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
What about the right response?

"more guns!"
"Islam is a dangerous ideology, ban all Muslims!"

at least the left response acknowledges that this is a very small number of muslims

But if we actually listened to the right, this guy would never have got into the country so he could do this. So I think I'll side with them, cos I'd rather the 99% of decent Muslims found another place to live, rather than allowing them in along with the 1% who want to literally destroy Western society.

Also, criticising the left doesn't make you "right". I support gun control, because it totally works.
But if we actually listened to the right, this guy would never have got into the country so he could do this. So I think I'll side with them, cos I'd rather the 99% of decent Muslims found another place to live, rather than allowing them in along with the 1% who want to create havoc.

Also, criticising the left doesn't make you "right". I support gun control, because it totally works.

This guy was a US born citizen, so are you suggesting they should send out police officers to deport millions of immigrants? Land of the free and home of the brave - yeah sure.
Reply 14
This guy was a US born citizen, so are you suggesting they should send out police officers to deport millions of immigrants? Land of the free and home of the brave - yeah sure.

No, I don't think they should deport them. But... I think efforts to try and keep out Islamic extremism is surely a benefit.
No, I don't think they should deport them. But... I think efforts to try and keep out Islamic extremism is surely a benefit.

islamic extremism isn't going to disappear if half the country is constantly hateful towards Muslims
Reply 16
islamic extremism isn't going to disappear if half the country is constantly hateful towards Muslims

Islamic extremism comes from Islam, not from people's attitudes towards it. Notice how Muslims don't bomb right-wing institutions or atheist groups? They attacked a gay club here. If Muslims became radicalised as a reaction to people criticising Islam, they would be attacking those people. Instead they're attacking a gay club, a place where most people almost certainly have left-wing views about Muslims. They're attacking a gay club because the Qu'ran condones "reigning fire" down on gays. It has nothing to do with people like me criticising them.
Islamic extremism comes from Islam, not from people's attitudes towards it. Notice how Muslims don't bomb right-wing institutions or atheist groups? They attacked a gay club here. If Muslims became radicalised as a reaction to people criticising Islam, they would be attacking those people. Instead they're attacking a gay club, a place where most people almost certainly have left-wing views about Muslims. They're attacking a gay club because the Qu'ran condones "reigning fire" down on gays. It has nothing to do with people like me criticising them.

This is nonsense, they don't single out left wing groups. They attacked an airport in Brussels, restaurants in Paris, a concert in Paris, a stadium, they hardly ever have had an 'anti-left' agenda apart from two noteworthy incidents which are Charlie Hebdo and this. They might attack with an anti-left agenda, but its not like they spare right-wingers or go asking people's political views and kill left wingers only. The fact that left wing often contradicts Islam does not mean that all terrorists are out on an anti-left agenda, they don't see our society as left and right, they just see us all as the same.

And it doesn't derive solely from Islam, this person obviously went through some events in his life which motivated him to go on a shooting, and it can't have been Islam and Islam alone because we have a world with 1.6 billion Muslims and evidently the vast majority of them aren't some kind of sleeper terrorist thing.
I agree that Muslims shouldn't take the blame, but I can't help myself from asking - how is such a Holy scripture able to divide so many and inspire some to commit crimes likes this? Didn't God see the issues that his work will cause? Moreover, should anyone follow the idea of such God?
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it was truely 'hushed down' you wouldn't have even known about it to write this comment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending