The Student Room Group

Revision or sleep ?

So I'm planning to wake up at 5.30 am and go to sleep at 11 pm. Is this ok because i know friends who go to sleep at 12 and wake up at 4 am to revise.
You need at least 8 hours of sleep during exam periods, so your brain can consolidate information that you learn during the day.
So sleep.
Original post by nisha.sri
So I'm planning to wake up at 5.30 am and go to sleep at 11 pm. Is this ok because i know friends who go to sleep at 12 and wake up at 4 am to revise.

No, get another hour of sleep.
Wake up at 6:00 am, that's what I do.
You need 7 hours of sleep at least.
When you have a exam dont wake up that early.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
No, get another hour of sleep.
Wake up at 6:00 am, that's what I do.
You need 7 hours of sleep at least.
When you have a exam dont wake up that early.

This is not on an exam day. Maybe like a day before the exam :smile: I usually go to sleep at 11 and wake up at 6/6.30 am but i feel like I need to change because everytime i ask my friends how is revision. The first thing they say is I slept at 12 and wake up at 4 :s-smilie: I feel dumb when i say i wake up at 6 plus they look at me like the 'really' face ?( if you get what i mean) :smile:

Maybe sleep a little earlier but wake up at 5:30 because like the others have said, you need enough sleep before an exam but personally I think it's good to wake up early to revise because it's a lot quieter and you can remember things better. Well, that's the case for me anyway.
R E V I S E
you've got your whole life to sleep!!!!!
This is not on an exam day. Maybe like a day before the exam :smile: I usually go to sleep at 11 and wake up at 6/6.30 am but i feel like I need to change because everytime i ask my friends how is revision. The first thing they say is I slept at 12 and wake up at 4 :s-smilie: I feel dumb when i say i wake up at 6 plus they look at me like the 'really' face ?( if you get what i mean) :smile:

Excuse me, tell your friends to stick that facial expression up their arse.
You're not waking up early and decreasing your years of life just because your friends have 5 hours of sleep every night (which by the way is VERY unhealthy).
Never do something just because your friends do it.
Wake up when you feel comfortable.
My friends stay up until the morning revising, I go to sleep at 9pm and wake up at 7:00 am and still get the same amount of work done as they do.
Never deprive yourself of sleep, it's important you don't ruin your sleeping pattern so you can feel energised when you get up in the morning. Who cares, even if you haven't revised still get your head to sleep and do it later on.
NEVER LET ANYTHING DISTURB YOUR SLEEP!!!
Take care.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Excuse me, tell your friends to stick that facial expression up their arse.
You're not waking up early and decreasing your years of life just because your friends have 5 hours of sleep every night (which by the way is VERY unhealthy).
Never do something just because your friends do it.
Wake up when you feel comfortable.
My friends stay up until the morning revising, I go to sleep at 9pm and wake up at 7:00 am and still get the same amount of work done as they do.
Never deprive yourself of sleep, it's important you don't ruin your sleeping pattern so you can feel energised when you get up in the morning. Who cares, even if you haven't revised still get your head to sleep and do it later on.
NEVER LET ANYTHING DISTURB YOUR SLEEP!!!
Take care.

LOL thank you ! Although that is very true :smile: I do the same amount of work than most of them.
Yeh i won't.
Thank you, you too :hugs:
LOL thank you ! Although that is very true :smile: I do the same amount of work than most of them.
Yeh i won't.
Thank you, you too :hugs:

Anytime (:
I can tell you that sleep is vital. I personally wake up at 7.30 and go to bed at 9 and I get lots of work done. Some people procrastinate throughout the day but if you don't then you can get so much more done in a lot less time. Don't feel like you have to do what your friends do.. Just think of what you'll be like on results day!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
don't worry nisha, you will probably do much better than your friends! honestly, four hours of sleep - that is awful... sleep for as long as you need. i know that i need to get ten hours sleep... however, it is rare for me to get that during a school day! don't worry about what your friends say and ignore that facial expression that they make. tbh, they are probs being a bit catty because they aren't getting enough sleep!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by siamesedaffodil
R E V I S E
you've got your whole life to sleep!!!!!

Couldn't have said it any better.

I go to sleep at 10:30 and wake up 5:00 everyday to fit in as much revision as possible. And in all honesty it works for me and pretty much has a positive impact on my exams as I remember much more content.
You hear all these people 'sleep sleep sleep' but I go along completely fine with my exams don't feel the slightest it sleepy. After the exams is when I'm sleepy.
But all I do is catch on my sleep during the weekend.

Spoiler

I get up at 11, start work at like 2 or 3 and go to bed at like 1 :biggrin: (obviously stopping revision wayyyy before - like 7 ish)

You do more than enough! No need to wake up at obscene hours Nisha :lol:
Also, 4 hours of sleep is definitely not enough for your friends to be getting :s-smilie:
They will most likely underperform because of this - you need sleep to consolidate information etc, and to perform at your best :smile:
Original post by surina16
Also, 4 hours of sleep is definitely not enough for your friends to be getting :s-smilie:
They will most likely underperform because of this - you need sleep to consolidate information etc, and to perform at your best :smile:

Yeh i know. I literally tell her that 4 hours of sleep is insane but she just says ' it's not like i'm sleeping in the exam' :s-smilie:
Yeh i know. I literally tell her that 4 hours of sleep is insane but she just says ' it's not like i'm sleeping in the exam' :s-smilie:

Yeah, it's really not healthy - especially because it isn't just a one-time thing. Tbh, I wonder how she is going to cope at A Levels.... :s-smilie:
Original post by surina16
Yeah, it's really not healthy - especially because it isn't just a one-time thing. Tbh, I wonder how she is going to cope at A Levels.... :s-smilie:

Ikr - Tbh we had a whole week of half term and she told me that she revised nothing so basically she had to cram so much that's why she wakes up at 4. My cousin did the same thing too but now she stopped - she cares more about her sleep than anything :biggrin:

P.S : What have you revised today ? :colone: Curious :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17

Forget that peer pressure wth 6:30 is really good! I wake up with barely enough time to get to my exams on time! If you've revised fairly well there's no point in waking up so early and then feeling drowsy for the rest of the day.

Imo waking up early is pointless unless u have barely done any revision.

Revise properly during the day, get good sleep, sit the exam and do well
quality over quantity
there are more than enough hours in the day to get a reasonable amount done, have a bit of time to relax and get enough sleep
if you work too hard or don't sleep enough you will burn out or fail to retain the information properly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending