The Student Room Group

Shooting in gay club in Florida

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
No, no, no. Hold up. Don't tell me what I think. You are wrong. And you cannot blame liberal approaches for terrorism - they're literally polar opposites. Give up trying to sound so politically in-tune to make yourself seem intelligent.

Liberals are enablers of terrorism.

This is only the beginning, non-liberals have been warning of the effects of Muslim immigration for many years, even highlighting how gays would be one of the groups to suffer most, but you still didn't listen.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
I made a spelling mistake, I meant to type 'learnt',and it (what he done) wasn't an appropriate or honest way to respondent to the point I made.

Also it was intellectually dishonest to avoid the post and focus on a spelling error. It's called deflecting, it's many things, but honest is not one of them.

Not really. I thought you meant learned too. You just assumed it was about a spelling mistake.
Original post by The_Opinion
Such laws didn't help in France or Belgium did they?

No, but it sure as hell made it a lot more difficult to get one.

Take Britain for example, someone tried to purchase a handgun for an attempted mass shooting against police officers and passers by, but law enforcement were quickly onto him and arrested him shortly after getting the handgun.

If you have the ease of just being able to walk into a gun shop and buy a gun, the actual concept of going on a mass shooting it a lot easier.

So while you're correct that it didn't help in France (not sure why you're bringing up Belgium as it was a bomb attack), that doesn't mean that the gun laws aren't helping.

If you can literally walk into the nearest walmart and buy a gun, the idea of doing a mass shooting is readily in your mind, whereas in the UK and throughout Europe there are many many more barriers you would need to cross if you were willing to do this - something which no doubt puts off many people who would otherwise consider doing this.
Death toll has risen to 50. :frown:

This is only the beginning, non-liberals have been warning of the effects of Muslim immigration for many years, even highlighting how gays would be one of the groups to suffer most, but you still didn't listen.

This is just pure childish nonsense
50 dead, largest ever mass shooting in America
Original post by Grand High Witch
Death toll has risen to 50. :frown:

Lord have mercy

That's the biggest Mass shooting in the US history apparently

I love how you say 'you', still insisting I hold opinions that favour excessive Muslim immigration.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, along with your 2+ reppers.
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
You're the one playing the hypothetical games, this man had access to automatic weapons and its highly likely that this mass shooting was conceived because he figured that he could easily get his hands on such a weapon. Building an explosive isn't as easy, its less reliable, generally kills fewer people unless placed well or makes high use of explosives. But AR15s? You can basically just walk into a gun shop and buy them, and they have a higher killing capacity than a handgun.

Saying that it wouldn't have been as bad if automatic weapons were illegal is hypothetical, you are weaponizing the deaths of these people to form a political bias argument.

You are working off the empathy that people might have towards these victims and their families, and making up a scenario were it isn't so bad because automatic weapons aren't there... it's disgusting.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Saying that it wouldn't have been as bad if automatic weapons were illegal is hypothetical, you are weaponizing the deaths of these people to form a political bias argument.

You are working off the empathy that people might have towards these victims and their families, and making up a scenario were it isn't so bad because automatic weapons aren't there... it's disgusting.

as if you don't already do this every flipping time there is an islamic-related terror attack :rolleyes:
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
If Muslims feel discriminated against, they may isolate themselves from western culture and then become radicalised.

Pathetic.
Original post by Trapz99
50 dead, largest ever mass shooting in America

You run out of words to describe it. Shocking or anything else doesn't describe it.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Pathetic.

I read this in Bret hart's voice
Original post by KimKallstrom
Pathetic.

Please take 40 seconds out of your precious time to explain why, because for all I know you're talking about cookies.
What a day this has been
Original post by MrDystopia
You run out of words to describe it. Shocking or anything else doesn't describe it.

Shocking doesn't come close to describing it because it's not a shock. I don't know if you've noticed but there's a mass shooting every five minutes over there.

It's obviously absolutely horrible but I don't know what I or anyone else can say about this that hasn't been repeated ad nauseam already, in response to the last 20 such incidents.
Original post by MrDystopia

Why is it shocking?
Why is it shocking?

Any attack of this extent carried out by one man is shocking and disgusting to say the very least.
Why is it shocking?

The scale of the attack is what has shocked me most. I am of course not disputing that mass shootings in the US aren't common (And in that respect, can't be considered shocking).
This is why I haven't been quick to say that Trump will never get the presidency. A few more of these and he'll be sitting in the Oval Office.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending