The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaucissonSecCy
And we don't take seriously the rights of Palestinians or innocent people who died in Iraq, because they come from value systems not the same as western neoliberals. Listen to how this guy Thutmose talks about them, it is hate filled towards a race and culture, and would never be permitted if not from the mouth of an affronted gay person. This is how horrible western neoliberalism is. They are a pack of hypocrites.

As much as I disagree with Thutmose and the plight suffered by Palestinians and Iraqis amongst others, that shouldn't be used to justify or deflect from what was a unprovoked and completely unacceptable attack on innocent lives as a result of hateful ideology.
Original post by fatima1998
I have :rolleyes: but this issue is not going to be solved :redface: its rather going to create a war in this thread :rolleyes:

But are we not allowed to start a discussion concerning social issues around the world? how is this creating another war wth?
Original post by Cakey_101
How does that make him Muslim?? He could be of any religion.

More than 90% of Aghans are Muslim. ISIS sympathisers on Twitter seen already praising the attack.
We're all being targeted in our own countried by Islamic extremists. It doesn't matter whether you're gay, straight, black, white, Christian, Muslim or anything else, we are all targets for these nutters.
Original post by Trapz99
More than 90% of Aghans are Muslim. ISIS sympathisers on Twitter seen already praising the attack.

How can you suddenly jump to conclusion just because of where he was from and what his name is? Seriously, he could of any religion. How do you know he wasn't Christian or any other faith?
Original post by Hydeman
I didn't see it.

Homosexuality*.

I think there is really something wrong with her lmao.
Original post by Hydeman
'Gay' is right. 'Gayism' isn't. Nonsensical English rules for you. :tongue:

Use predictive text. There are plenty of decent keyboard apps out there to make the task of typing on a phone easier; I'm using one now. :tongue:

Ok boss would you like to name any apps :adore:
Original post by kittien9
Mass shootings everywhere, especially in America and Muslim lands are carried out by Christian American males more than anyone else.

Such unsubstantiated assertions.

And I'd have to think ISIS has a role to play in mass shootings in muslim lands

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sephiroth
We're all being targeted in our own countried by Islamic extremists. It doesn't matter whether you're gay, straight, black, white, Christian, Muslim or anything else, we are all targets for these nutters.

Actually I'd say the fact they attacked a gay nightclub very much suggests that gay people were the targets.
Original post by fatima1998
Ok boss would you like to name any apps :adore:

SwiftKey, though it's not the best and has some annoying features that take getting used to.
#PrayForOrlando
#PrayForAmerica

white non muslims did this years ago in the west - remember that scumbag david copeland in london?
Original post by Cakey_101
How can you suddenly jump to conclusion just because of where he was from and what his name is? Seriously, he could of any religion. How do you know he wasn't Christian or any other faith?

I will bet my house that he turns out to be a Muslim.
Original post by Saoirse:3
Actually I'd say the fact they attacked a gay nightclub very much suggests that gay people were the targets.

I never said otherwise. The fact is we are all targets to terrosits. Gays were targets before this attack and will continue to be after it. The next target could be a shopping mall, a football match or a restaurant. We are all potential targets.

Gay venues do seem to be a more vulnerable target from an organisation that enjoys throwing gays off buildings however and if I had to make a list of venues most likely to be hit with a gun attack then gay night spots would be on it.
Original post by Grand High Witch
The key word being "years ago", and he was a paranoid schizophrenic not linked/connected to any extremist ideological group.

he was a fully signed up member of the bnp
Shooter was named as Omar Mateen, so shut the **** up everyone who said it probably was a white guy.
Terrorist stereotype came true... again.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/12/florida-gay-nightclub-shooting-injuries-reported-at-pulse-orland/
Original post by Chakede
he was a fully signed up member of the bnp

Which, though vile, did not encourage mass murder or the killing of gays. In this case initial reports suggest that this terrorist had jihadi links, i.e. to a group sharing ideological beliefs promoting terrorism and the killing of gays.
Original post by Sephiroth
I never said otherwise. The fact is we are all targets to terrosits. Gays were targets before this attack and will continue to be after it. The next target could be a shopping mall, a football match or a restaurant. We are all potential targets.

Gay venues do seem to be a more vulnerable target from an organisation that enjoys throwing gays off buildings however and if I had to make a list of venues most likely to be hit with a gun attack then gay night spots would be on it.

Well, if you're referring to ISIS it's unlikely they had anything to do with this - the suspect is a US citizen born to Afghan parents, not the profile of an ISIS member at all. LGBT people however are at an additional risk of violence from not only Islamic but also Christian and other homophobic extremeists which needs to be recognised as part of anti-terror strategies.
Original post by Saoirse:3
Well, if you're referring to ISIS it's unlikely they had anything to do with this - the suspect is a US citizen born to Afghan parents, not the profile of an ISIS member at all. LGBT people however are at an additional risk of violence from not only Islamic but also Christian and other homophobic extremeists which needs to be recognised as part of anti-terror strategies.

Guardian suggesting he emigrated from Afghanistan now and was "trained in the use of weapons".
Original post by The Epicurean
The BBC has stated:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-36510172

Homophobia within the Muslim community is something that needs to be challenged.

The fact is that there is room for acceptance of homosexuality within Islam. There is no verse within the Quran which explicitly condemns homosexuality. I think in light of this event (which sources appear to point towards Islamic extremism), more needs to be done within the Muslim community to tackle the issue of homophobia and serious discussions need to take place over Islamic interpretations in regards to sexuality.

Actually I think in the Qur'an it says 'kill the one that's doing it and kill the one that's being done to' or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending