The Student Room Group

Money Saving Tips for UNI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamesthehustler
always carry cash and be prepared to haggle
as it can work especially if you are willing to pay cash

username checks out
Reply 21
lol thanks for the many funny answers! anymore genuine ones?
Reply 22
Original post by Paige_Makepeace
You can make big batches of anything really and freeze them, such as stew, cottage pie, bolognese, shepherd's pie, etc. It is cheaper and healthy, my parents do it a lot and i am planning on doing it when i go to uni. Or you can make big batches of stir fry and stuff to keep in the fridge or whatever until you want to eat it. Or bubble and squeek. Boil some potatoes and cabbage and keep it in the fridge until you want to fry it and eat it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

cheers thats a good one
Original post by Aydin7
username checks out

it works i always use cash when i buy jewellery it works quicker when to pull out a wedge of £20 or £50 notes
Original post by jamesthehustler
it works i always use cash when i buy jewellery it works quicker when to pull out a wedge of £20 or £50 notes

Is jewelry a code word for something?:colone:
Original post by Aydin7
Is jewelry a code word for something?:colone:

noi'm a collector i love gold and platinum i have a few piece in an ever growing collection
Don't buy **** you don't need. The amount of times my housemates complained they had no money for food after going on an ASOS spending spree was astounding.
Reply 27
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Don't buy **** you don't need. The amount of times my housemates complained they had no money for food after going on an ASOS spending spree was astounding.

very true
Reply 28
Join Unidays for more discounts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Always remember to ask whether shops and services do student discount when you are buying. Lots of places do but they don't necessarily advertise it widely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Shop for clothes in charity shops. You can get brilliant stuff and you are helping a cause too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Gather your own meat from the countryside.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why from the countryside? There's plenty of meat in the city. Sometimes, it's hard to hunt because others of it's kind might try to stop you, but if you stick to alleyways and just pick out passing individuals, you'll eventually get enough meat for a good stew.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest