The Student Room Group

A2 WJEC PY3 & PY4 (8th June & 14th June 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by im.a.witch
When was the last time science vs ethics came up

January 2014 and January 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexGedgar1
January 2014 and January 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its a strong possibility as the others have come up in the last 2 exams.

I hope so because I love science vs ethics essay
Reply 82
Hi guys I just created a table of the past PY4 questions that have come up from 2012-2015 for memory, forensic and abnormalities (and controversies)

Feel free to use these for predictions and let me know what you think will come up
Original post by f.kp
Hi guys I just created a table of the past PY4 questions that have come up from 2012-2015 for memory, forensic and abnormalities (and controversies)

Feel free to use these for predictions and let me know what you think will come up

I think for abnormal its equal chance.

For memory I feel explanations of forgetting

for controversies I feel science vs ethics although this could be anything too.
Original post by im.a.witch
I think its a strong possibility as the others have come up in the last 2 exams.

I hope so because I love science vs ethics essay

Me too! It's my favourite one, I think it will definitely be on alongside another Bias question. Either way, I've revised Science v Ethics. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why wouldn't you? :wink:
I may speak for the majority because when you have other subjects that are much harder than PY4 then you focus on those rather than the 'easier' ones!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the mistake is assuming PY4 will be easy. I'm in no way saying it's the hardest subject but just the pure amount you need to know makes it a challenge.
your predictions for controversies forensics and abnormality are exactly the same as mine!!!! this is so reassuring but I'm still going to try and learn the rest as my teacher has sent me reduced essays which would allow me to pull atleast half marks if worst comes to worst
does anyone thibk it's possible to learn 20 in 2 days
idk what to do and how to go about this
Original post by johnhick98

What grade are you aiming for?? I can help and give you advice if I know. Also, what do you predict you think you had for PY3 and what were your UMS from last year. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol that's exactly what I'm trying to do. I started revision ages ago tho so there are quite a few essays I already know. i think it's manageable if you already have an idea of the structure of each essay.

Just as an example:

I had 164 UMS last year (A) and I want an A this year. This means, and A is 320 UMS overall meaning I need 156 UMS this year.

In PY3 I think I got 55 Raw Marks which is equal to 59 UMS, therefore, I need 97 UMS on PY4 which is 69 Raw Marks.

This is equal to 18 marks on each essay OR I can afford to not do one topic/essay but gain top marks on the other three.

This may seem confusing but I am going off 2015 UMS Grade Boundaries. I am happy to have a look at your grades if you like, up to you though.
Hope this helps. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Lol that's exactly what I'm trying to do. I started revision ages ago tho so there are quite a few essays I already know. i think it's manageable if you already have an idea of the structure of each essay.

i have a plan and structure but for some bits its like learning things for the first time
i have a plan and structure but for some bits its like learning things for the first time

Focus on the essays you have no idea about today and make quick plans for them. Try not to go over the essays you are a bit more confident on. Then tomorrow use your morning to refresh your memory on the essays you leant yesterday and then go over all of the essay plans as a whole for the rest of the day. If you have time attempt a few essays on the topics you are least confident on. Good luck
I managed to predict all 3 issues questions correctly in py3 so I've had a good crack at PY4. I've predicted Cultural bias and ethical costs. I also do questions 3, 6 and 12. My prediction for question 3 is explanations of forgetting. My q6 prediction is conflict during adolescence. MY q12 prediction is treatments of Schizophrenia. Hope this helps anyone that is stressed about tuesday
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ZacthePredictor
I managed to predict all 3 issues questions correctly in py3 so I've had a good crack at PY4. I've predicted Cultural bias and ethical costs. I also do questions 3, 6 and 12. My prediction for question 3 is explanations of forgetting. My q6 prediction is conflict during adolescence. MY q12 prediction is treatments of Schizophrenia. Hope this helps anyone that is stressed about tuesday

I predicted the questions for PY3 too, I also agree with you on you Explanations of Forgetting, Culture Bias and Scientific Benefits v Ethical Costa but I think it will be Aetiologies of Depression or Bias in Diagnosis NOT Treatments of SZ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Focus on the essays you have no idea about today and make quick plans for them. Try not to go over the essays you are a bit more confident on. Then tomorrow use your morning to refresh your memory on the essays you leant yesterday and then go over all of the essay plans as a whole for the rest of the day. If you have time attempt a few essays on the topics you are least confident on. Good luck

thank you, that is what iv'e been doing all days, i have model answers from a previous student so im using that as a guide.
what sections are you doing?
thank you, that is what iv'e been doing all days, i have model answers from a previous student so im using that as a guide.
what sections are you doing?

Forensics/ relationships/ abnormalities and controversies
anyone have any predictions for controversies, abnormality, memory and abnormal other than Culture bias, explanation of forgetting, EWT and aetiology/treatments for Schiz?
Original post by zhussain98
anyone have any predictions for controversies, abnormality, memory and abnormal other than Culture bias, explanation of forgetting, EWT and aetiology/treatments for Schiz?

Memory:
Forgetting
Role of Emotion
MSM

Abnormal:
Aetiologies of Depression
Bias in Diagnosis
Treatments of SZ

Controversies:
Scientific Benefits v Ethical Costs
Culture Bias
Genetics v Environment

Posted from TSR Mobile
What grade are you aiming for?? I can help and give you advice if I know. Also, what do you predict you think you had for PY3 and what were your UMS from last year. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally not possible to above a D grade standard

Quick Reply

Latest