The Student Room Group

AQA psychology B PSYB3/PSYB4 PREDICTIONS!

Scroll to see replies

hey Guys
does anyone have an essay on holism and reductionism? im struggling with that one or if someone could outline what to include in it to gain the full 12 marks

Also does anyone have any predictions for this exam? ive got a feeling this essay will come up and before anyone says anything i have revised everything just asking to see what everyone else thinks will come up :biggrin:
Free will and determinism hasn't come up in a while either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
Original post by Bubbles26
How do you use synoptic links in essays and also how do you get marks for evaluation??

Posted from TSR Mobile

AO2 marks or evaluation marks are for applying topic areas youve studied e.g. if your doing nature-nurture debate talk about how the nature side of biochemicals in the brain and genetics cause the illness and the nurture side of stress in the environment can trigger ilnesses i.e the diathesis stress model. you get ao2 marks for evaluating studies too e.g. saying how theres not 100% concordance between monozygotic twins suggesting environmental factors are involved
Reply 103
Original post by gemstone100
Haha I ended up writing one instead. I still have the approaches to do ahh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont worry ive only revised for the nature-nurture debate and free will-determinism debate so far. I have everything else to do, im so stuck on the statistical tests :frown:
Can someone pls help with applications if idiographic and nomothetic...
(edited 7 years ago)
Can anyone explain what a one-tailed and two-tailed test is and their limitations? doing past papers and realising we havent actually covered this:s-smilie:
Snap! i literally have 3 exams this week and im tryna juggle all of them. I still have methods and approaches to do. Although i did approaches before when i did my AS resit, so im hoping i remember the stuff :s-smilie:

Original post by JJ_98
Dont worry ive only revised for the nature-nurture debate and free will-determinism debate so far. I have everything else to do, im so stuck on the statistical tests :frown:
Does anyone know how to write an eclectic or an interactionist approach essay??? also does anyone have any good 9 mark + essays i can look at ???
Original post by lifegoals
hey Guys
does anyone have an essay on holism and reductionism? im struggling with that one or if someone could outline what to include in it to gain the full 12 marks

Also does anyone have any predictions for this exam? ive got a feeling this essay will come up and before anyone says anything i have revised everything just asking to see what everyone else thinks will come up :biggrin:

I have an essay on it, which I scored 10/12 on.. if that helps at all?
Original post by Katie13579
Can anyone explain what a one-tailed and two-tailed test is and their limitations? doing past papers and realising we havent actually covered this:s-smilie:

One Tailed - simply a hypothesis that specifies the direction of a difference.. therefore its predicting the outcome almost..if that makes sense?
Two Tailed - a hypothesis which simply predicts a difference but it could go 2 ways..so its more unpredictable.

I am not too sure about limitations, though!!
hope this helped..haha
omg can i have your essay too please!

Original post by confusedbutton
Heya!

Good luck everyone!

If it helps at all, I have a number of essays at 12/12, as well as being able to help out with any short-answers people may have (A* student). I also have summaries for all of the debates, but not all of them belong to me.

https://conqueringa2.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/163/ is a pretty good website.

Essays I have:
Humanist (12/12)
Behaviourist (12/12)
Social Learning (12/12) <- Not 100% sure I have this, but can check.

Let me know if any of that can help!

Edit:

Predictions:

Behaviourist essay has not come up for ages.
Social learning essay has not been tested.
Humanist has not been tested for a while.

Biological seems to be done only for short answers and psychoanalytic was asked last year. (I think?)

As for debates, there are always questions of psych as a science. Probably one about idiographic as well. The main essay question will probably either be reductionism/holism or nature/nurture.
(edited 7 years ago)
Can you please send me all your approaches long answers please im really struggling on that. And also if you have a holism reductionism essay pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemstone100
Does anyone know how to write an eclectic or an interactionist approach essay??? also does anyone have any good 9 mark + essays i can look at ???

eclectic approach came up last year however, you should go through your book and pic out the key features of an eclectic approach (e.g methodological eclecticism - which is combining methods) and then apply that to different approaches. So if you were combining methods you may combine experimental methods of the cognitive approach with case studies of the psychodynamic approach so that it gets rid of any problems due to errors. Using a mix of methods is good because...and then give more examples. Go through each of these features, then compare other approaches together. So approaches that are similar to each other through different aspects (e.g focuses on learning theory of behaviour would be behaviourist and social learning theory) then evaluate and give strengths and limitations of the approach.

For interactionist? Do you mean nature and nurture interactionist? Because I doubt they would give us an essay solely on that. However I would basically start off with how some people think that nature and nurture work together to give an interactionist approach, and then I would talk about nature and nurture separately as a02. Its basically like a nature nurture essay but the other way round because instead of talking about nature and nurture for AO1 and then interactionist for AO2, you swap it round!
hope this helps :smile:

Please could you send me that essay! :smile:
Original post by Katie13579

I think one tailed and two tailed tests are to do with hypotheses and whether they have a direction? I think a one tailed test means that the hypothesis has a direction and a two tailed test is if it is non directional.
Original post by Bubbles26
Can someone pls help with applications if idiographic and nomothetic...

I have a powerpoint that my teacher sent me that I can send you if you want???
Thanks so much that really did! When your talking about eclectic do you have to link in topics such as mood disorders or is it more about the approach itself? And would you evaluate the approach or the topic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellennn.d
I have a powerpoint that my teacher sent me that I can send you if you want???

Yes please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes please!!! could you post it on here or send it to me!

many thanks!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending