The Student Room Group

Shooting in gay club in Florida

Scroll to see replies

Update: 50 people have been reported killed, and another 53 people are injured. For those saying it is not an attack on the LGBT community:

"How can you not say that this was an attack on the LGBT community when it’s done in an LGBT club and a shooter walks in and there are 20 of your community members lying in a club and another 40 lying on hospital gurneys" - Terry DeCarlo from the GLBT Community Center of Orlando

It has been described as the worst mass shooting the USA has ever seen.
Original post by champ_mc99
Not really. I thought you meant learned too. You just assumed it was about a spelling mistake.

Well he was not doubt learned in the school of Islam, one would have to be fairly certain before committing mass murder then suicide by cop, it still makes literary sense with a certain reading I guess.

It doesn't change the context of the post however you read though, the point of contention I have with his position was unavoidably obvious.
Original post by epage
Update: 50 people have been reported killed, and another 53 people are injured. For those saying it is not an attack on the LGBT community:

"How can you not say that this was an attack on the LGBT community when it’s done in an LGBT club and a shooter walks in and there are 20 of your community members lying in a club and another 40 lying on hospital gurneys" - Terry DeCarlo from the GLBT Community Center of Orlando

It has been described as the worst mass shooting the USA has ever seen.

https://twitter.com/search?q=us+worst+mass+shooting&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

terrible.
50 people dead and all people on here want to discuss is the firearms laws in America and the person's suspected religion, have some respect.

We need to have some form of 24 hours of mourning for these sorts of threads, where so many innocent people die, before we can actually discuss the factors of religious extremism and firearms which seem to go the same way every time.
Original post by Thutmose-III
Oh no, don't say anything that might upset them; they might blow us up.

F*** them! People are sick of their crap. If they don't find the West to their liking then they can piss off back to the Middle East

It's mad isn't it how there are people who actually blame "discrimination" against Muslims for terrorist attacks? Look at Sweden. A high proportion of ISIS's western intake is from there. Sweden! The country famous for being the most welcoming to Muslims and for kowtowing the most to them and their dumb arse sensibilities. Belgium too. What the hell has Belgium done? How can they claim we need to treat them even better than Sweden has done? Are they high? Or just accepting of the crap stirring Imams perpetuating this victimhood complex?

All this guff people come out with blaming the west for these atrocities for terrorist apologists. Nothing short of that, I'm afraid.

Do Muslims want people to stop asking questions when these attacks occur? OK, how about the next time it happens, do something other than victim blaming, accusing everyone who dares to mention it "Islamiphobic", claiming they're the real victims due to push back which never happens and cut out the "you ain't no Muslim bruv" crap. Show whose side you're on for a change.

Dey be victimising us innit fam. Better join a sex-slaving death cult and shoot up a gay club.
There are reports that he was a registered Democrat supporter and that he got angry when he saw two gay people kissing in Miami.
Original post by Grand High Witch
How nice for gay people - now targets in their own countries. :angry:

Original post by KingBradly
I wonder who the left will support in this? Muslims or gays?

The gay community needs to protected from this savagery.

The SJWs have already placed LGBT people far below Muslim sensibilities the victimhood priority ladder for some reason.
Original post by Trapz99
There are reports that he was a registered Democrat supporter and that he got angry when he saw two gay people kissing in Miami.

But I mean, you think we're going to hell anyway right? To burn in fire and all that jazz... And doesn't God's plan dictate what we do? I mean, didn't God miraculously tell this guy to do it?

#philosophicalhour

This is terrible... and people still think the LGBT community has no issues in the West, lol.
Original post by Grand High Witch
How nice for gay people - now targets in their own countries. :angry:

We have always been.
Strange that this story has gotten so little airtime. When Paris happened it was wall-to-wall coverage on every news channel. The BBC should be ashamed that they continued to air the Queen's 90th birthday party on the news channel. It wasn't even her proper birthday for goodness sake and they still thought it was more important than the worst shooting in American history? :mad:

Really sad but not surprised, there's so much hate in the world right now.
Original post by ivybridge
But I mean, you think we're going to hell anyway right? To burn in fire and all that jazz... And doesn't God's plan dictate what we do? I mean, didn't God miraculously tell this guy to do it?

#philosophicalhour

This is terrible... and people still think the LGBT community has no issues in the West, lol.

Well... let's face it it wouldn't have issues as dangerous as this if it weren't for certain non-Western "elements" within the West.
What can we say? There have been so many terrible mass murders in the US involving civilians wielding weapons that no sane country would permit to be available or to be sold in stores as they are in America.

Our hearts go out to all those who will suffer as a result of this outrage. We should try to help Americans realise the misery they are repeatedly inflicting on themselves and the cruel culture they are encouraging by maintaining their attitude to guns as being something that anyone should own and be able to buy.

More will emerge no doubt, but at this stage it's difficult not to join the dots and wonder if Trump's racist and homophobic campaigning in Florida has opened a space in the minds of far right wing lunatics to think that this type of murderous attack on gay people is somehow justifiable.

We await developments, but how the heck anyone in America can go around thinking that the mass civilian ownership of killing weapons is acceptable is entirely beyond most of us on this side of the pond. We support all those in the US working against these wrong and bizarre interpretations of the Constitution and we long for an America based on peaceful values, not those of the jungle.
Original post by Snufkin
Strange that this story has gotten so little airtime. When Paris happened it was wall-to-wall coverage on every news channel. The BBC should be ashamed that they continued to air the Queen's 90th birthday party on the news channel. It wasn't even her proper birthday for goodness sake and they still thought it was more important than the worst shooting in American history? :mad:

I noticed the BBC also got the day wrong for one of their updates. They said the shooting happened on Friday evening, when it happened early Saturday morning. They changed it quickly but not quick enough
Original post by KingBradly
Well... let's face it it wouldn't have issues as dangerous as this if it weren't for certain non-Western "elements" within the West.

"As dangerous as this"

That doesn't mean there aren't issues. The LGBTQIA teen suicide rate is through the roof, gay people are still killed, hate crime is rife - there are a lot of issues people choose to ignore because they think laws mean everything.
Interesting how BBC isn't highlighting the fact that ISIS supporters are praising the error attack in Florida.
Original post by Snufkin

Even worse is the fact BBC1 are covering the same birthday. The news channel should be for news!
Original post by epage
I noticed the BBC also got the day wrong for one of their updates. They said the shooting happened on Friday evening, when it happened early Saturday morning. They changed it quickly but not quick enough

That's the BBC for you.

Watch how they get an imam on to explain this and watch him blame donald trump, Ronald began and Alexander graham bell for this act of islamic terrorism
Original post by Snufkin

I suspect it will be making it to the front pages very soon. The worst mass shooting in American history and Florida has declared a state of emergency.
Yeah I can't believe how little coverage this is getting. Yet if the media reports on this more, people are going to complain that 'X number of people die in Syria everyday'.
Original post by Snufkin

Paris was multiple co-ordinated attacks, dragged on for longer, and a massive manhunt followed. Pretty clear why it got more coverage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending