The Student Room Group

Parents won't let me revis

This next week I have four exams in four days, including my hardest (Chemistry). I told my parents weeks ago that I wanted to spend this weekend revising, so they said they'd go out so I could have the house to myself.
Instead, they invited half of my family over to have lunch, and spent the entire day speaking so loudly I could hear them through ear plugs and noise cancelling headphones. This meant I got no work done.
When I spoke to them about it, I got told I was selfish.

Is there anything I can do now?
Reply 1
Go to the library and study
Chemistry isn't till wednesday afternoon, there is still time, just devot that instead
Original post by UWS
Go to the library and study

My "local" library is over two hours walk away and there are no regular buses:mad:, plus it's hardly ever open.
Original post by ConicalFlask
This next week I have four exams in four days, including my hardest (Chemistry). I told my parents weeks ago that I wanted to spend this weekend revising, so they said they'd go out so I could have the house to myself.
Instead, they invited half of my family over to have lunch, and spent the entire day speaking so loudly I could hear them through ear plugs and noise cancelling headphones. This meant I got no work done.

>Sit outside in the residential car park
>Sleep during the day when they're up then wake up at night when it's quiet.
>Library(go to the library in your pyjamas if need be)
>Go to an older siblings house where its quiet or an uncle or relative.
Eh Idk
Reply 5
Library :smile:
Original post by ProbablyJade
Chemistry isn't till wednesday afternoon, there is still time, just devot that instead

I'm doing WJEC, so it's tuesday for me, and having 4 exams in a row I need to revise all four at the same time, so that was why I was counting on today.
I don't think I'd be able to concentrate on more than one subject at a time.
Sorry if I sound like I'm shutting down every idea, I'm just completely lost here.

I would try to work outside but it's been pouring down for the last week.

You could go to your local library, or even a park depending on the weather.
Original post by conicalflask
i'm doing wjec, so it's tuesday for me, and having 4 exams in a row i need to revise all four at the same time, so that was why i was counting on today.
I don't think i'd be able to concentrate on more than one subject at a time.

i feel sorry for you
Sorry if I sound like I'm shutting down every idea, I'm just completely lost here.

I would try to work outside but it's been pouring down for the last week.

on monday when school opens, just bunk your lessons and go to the school library and revise and stay in school until its about to close
I'm doing WJEC, so it's tuesday for me, and having 4 exams in a row I need to revise all four at the same time, so that was why I was counting on today.
I don't think I'd be able to concentrate on more than one subject at a time.

Okay, sorry i didn't appreciate that. The main thing is don't panic, don't stay up all night revising and get a good night sleep. I know its not preferable, but spend this evening doing it, close you door and i know the sounds are distracting but something is far better than nothing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending