The Student Room Group

If you don't leave the EU you're weak

Typical British people too scared to stand up for themselves and let their voices be heard, its time to change, its time to leave.

Scroll to see replies

no
Typical British people making an informed decision based on rational thought and evidence-based decision making.
Reply 3
Agreed. Brexit is likely the only hope we will ever have in our lifetimes to rid ourselves of the EU's dictatorship.
Original post by MedArsey
Typical British people too scared to stand up for themselves and let their voices be heard, its time to change, its time to leave.

And if it's worse?

Change doesn't mean better

For example, the catering at my school was absolute **** and we all decided that we needed a change and we wanted something better and we had a look at a few catering companies who offered to take over for the current ones and we chose one which LOOKED GOOD, initially they were amazing and the food was brilliant, 3 weeks later, it's all turned to **** and it's even worse than before. Even the previous caterers had ****ing variety this company decided to go for ****ing curry all the time
Quite frankly.

Weak, weak-minded, impressionable.
Reply 6
Original post by Plagioclase
Typical British people making an informed decision based on rational thought and evidence-based decision making.

extremely biased evidence, you cannot surely thing that all the statistics given to us are legitimate, the government wants us to remain, so they will manipulate to ensure we do
extremely biased evidence, you cannot surely thing that all the statistics given to us are legitimate, the government wants us to remain, so they will manipulate to ensure we do

"Everyone I disagree with is biased so the only evidence you can trust is the evidence I give you"

Conveniently, all of the experts disagree with you which gives you a very good excuse to disregard all of the evidence that actually matters.
Leaving the EU would be a mistake as it's a gamble.Some gambles are worth taking but this is definitely not worth it as your not just gambling your own life but our future generations too.
Reply 9
Original post by Plagioclase
"Everyone I disagree with is biased so the only evidence you can trust is the evidence I give you"

Conveniently, all of the experts disagree with you which gives you a very good excuse to disregard all of the evidence that actually matters.

what a typical weak minded Brit you are, open your mind, get out of your trapped box
I certainly relate to your opinion in one sense - if people will ultimately vote economically and not democratically, in the sense that they will rather get more money to give away their democratic rights, then they are nothing but slaves to the perceived pimp that is the EU. they know that the EU is bad for democracy and the health of the nation-state, but like heroin, they need their fix of the EU, regardless of that long term damage (in both economic and democratic metrics in the sense that we can control our own rationally-calculated trade arrangements as one country from outside) because they can't perceive of the long term as a concept - only the short term gain in defiance of what is over the horizon. even if we have to go through a recession, a very small one if any (which I don't even accept as a possibility), then it will be worth it, because the EU, regardless of what is promised to us, will still inevitably keep growing. it is laughable to say we won't be integrated into it more and more legally when the project is destined to become a super state - anybody who knows the history of the EU and its establishment knows this. the people who argue that we need to stay in the EU because of economics are those same people who will, by the time the EU becomes the USE, argue still for economics even when our democracy is almost not even there anymore.
(edited 7 years ago)
what a typical weak minded Brit you are, open your mind, get out of your trapped box

you just can't produce a formal and rational argument without getting personal can you??? Just because someone is standing up for the EU doesn't mean you have to use insulting comments....waste of time
Reply 12
Original post by Frankie32
Leaving the EU would be a mistake as it's a gamble.Some gambles are worth taking but this is definitely not worth it as your not just gambling your own life but our future generations too.

i acknowledge your concerns entirely, its a bit step to take, but would you rather be a part of a failing organisation? or make it for yourself? we are a strong country and are more than capable of surviving and excelling outside of the EU
Reply 13
i acknowledge your concerns entirely, its a bit step to take, but would you rather be a part of a failing organisation? or make it for yourself? we are a strong country and are more than capable of surviving and excelling outside of the EU

I would rather be part of a failing organisation that has the potential to be a successful organisation with time.
Reply 15
Yes, random insults and attacks with no real substantial, reasonable arguments for your side is the best way to change the remain voters' minds :rolleyes:
Original post by Frankie32

Isn't staying in the EU a gamble too?

Won't it also permanently affect your future generations too?
Reply 18

With you!
Reply 19
Generic comments that are often made by the leave campaign to convince stupid people to vote leave.

Quick Reply

Latest