The Student Room Group

Dentistry

Is it worth me taking biology cemistry and maths for A-level and pursuing a future to become a dentist with these gcse grades ;

maths - a*
science unit 1 - a*
scince unit2 - a*
health and social - a*
english lit - b
english lan - b
psychology - b
conpueter science - b
history - a
r.e - a*
Original post by Gangster123321
Is it worth me taking biology cemistry and maths for A-level and pursuing a future to become a dentist with these gcse grades ;

maths - a*
science unit 1 - a*
scince unit2 - a*
health and social - a*
english lit - b
english lan - b
psychology - b
conpueter science - b
history - a
r.e - a*

Im taking maths, biology, chemistry and physics for A-levels and want to become a dentist. I think the only necessary one is chemistry but the others are desirable.
Original post by NextGenRemix
Im taking maths, biology, chemistry and physics for A-levels and want to become a dentist. I think the only necessary one is chemistry but the others are desirable.

i hope so. what grades have u got or are predictied? will i be at a disadvatage significantly or can i make that up in A-levels for example
Original post by Gangster123321
i hope so. what grades have u got or are predictied? will i be at a disadvatage significantly or can i make that up in A-levels for example

im predicting these gcse:
Maths-A/A*
Core Science-A* (achieved)
Additional Science-A*
Further Additional Science-A*
Business Studies-A*
Computing-A/A*
RE-A/B
English Language-B/C
English Lit-B
History-A/B
Spanish-B/C

I don't think it will be a major disadvantage if you don't take some of the desirable subjects as long as you take one. They probably care more about your predicted grades.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest