The Student Room Group

Wtf should I do with my life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cbreef
Are you sure? Have you seen an adult male?:biggrin:
Baby ones are ADORABLE but the older males look like they've been hit straight in the face with a iron:dance:

They're still so beautiful.

Original post by Mrs.Grey

Exactly, looks like someone sat on it's face :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cbreef
Exactly, looks like someone sat on it's face :biggrin:

Leave him alone!
Leave him alone!

At least agree that he needs cosmetic surgery to look young again :biggrin:
Original post by cbreef
at least agree that he needs cosmetic surgery to look young again :d

noooooooooooooooooo
Original post by cbreef
@GliderPilotSam Pilot sounds awesome! But very ambitious. Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but that seems far too ambitious for someone like me :biggrin:
@SirMilkSheikh I did this year in engineering, but it was awful lol
@Sportycb Maybe I need to look into this a bit more than I have, I never thought of half of those. Thanks

I'm actually overwhelmed with the input guys, thank you. Nice to know people want to help

Well if you want to talk about any of those options PM me I am happy to share anything I found in my own personal research I did at the time.
Original post by Sportycb
Well if you want to talk about any of those options PM me I am happy to share anything I found in my own personal research I did at the time.

That would be great thanks. Would save me a lot of time
Original post by cbreef
I couldn't respond using the @ thing for some reason so I'll respond directly. I think there's a careers centre quite close to me, I'll need to look into making an appointment or something???
I can't say say I have looked at a "year 0" course, though I have heard about these kind of things. Do you have any more info on this kind of course? I mean you'd be the person to ask about this surely. Cheers

Hey Cebreef, you may well need to make an appointment depending on how busy they are, but I am sure they will fit you in!

With regards to Year 0/Foundation year/Kick Start programmes, the way we run them is that they are attached at the start - so a 3 year bachelors degree becomes a 4 year bachelors degree. The bonus of doing it this way is that you get student funding for the full four years plus one year grace - if you did them separately, the foundation year may use up your 'grace' year (I am assuming you would be interested in full time).

Content wise, they contain some generic skill modules, such as academic skills, but mostly an introduction to the subject area. The idea is that it gives people the academic skills to succeed through the degree, and it 'fills in the gaps' in peoples knowledge so they have a really good background for the rest of the programme.

As far entry requirements go it can get a little more complicated. We ask for between 80 and 120 UCAS points as a guide - but this is a guide to the standard of application as apposed to an arbitrary and fixed requirement. We look across qualifications, work/professional experience, personal statement, interview and reference and make a decision from there. Every application is read individually and the tutors are involved in making the decision.

They tend to attract a mix of students - those with lower numbers of UCAS points, students who have had breaks in education, students who are changing subject area and students who are doing it for professional development.

I hope this helps a bit? Sorry for the long post!

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Elivercury
No worries. It's worth noting that I'm currently doing a career change at nearly 30 after deciding engineering isn't working out for me, so you're far from being alone in struggling to find something you're happy doing for 40-50 years. Just do what you can and if it doesn't work out, try something else.

This, I think the problem is it is drilled into you through high school (or it was at mine) that when it comes to careers, whatever you decide at the age of 17/18 is what you will be doing for the rest of your life. It puts a lot of pressure on people. For me, I couldn't decide so never went to university and just headed straight into full time work. If I'd done what I wanted to do at 18 I'd have been miserable and probably not even got a degree. Same at 21, I wanted to study mental health and I'm so glad I didn't.
People have to realise that starting something and realising its not for them is a failure; we're fluid beings and we change our mind. And thats ok. The journey is whats important and if you have to try multiple 'careers' before settling into one then thats fine too. More experience.

OP, just have a brainstorm regarding your interests and explore your options. If you try something and dont like it, don't worry - there's plenty of opportunities out there.
Hi my fellow Orangutan lover.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi my fellow Orangutan lover.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I didn't see this immediately sorry. :biggrin:
Original post by cbreef
Hi, I didn't see this immediately sorry. :biggrin:

Yeah, it's been a few days :cry:
Yeah, it's been a few days :cry:

Sowwy :frown:
Original post by cbreef
Sowwy :frown:

It's alright, my friend.
It's alright, my friend.

What has this thread become? lol
But yeah that's adorable
Original post by cbreef
What has this thread become? lol
But yeah that's adorable

I don't even know :laugh: and IT'S SO CUTE.
@Tw1x I'm assuming that's meant to say "is not" a failure? :biggrin:
I couldn't make sense of that until I read it like that. But yeah man, I agree whole-heartedly
I don't even know :laugh: and IT'S SO CUTE.

I know right? Looks like a little human the way it smiles

Quick Reply

Latest