The Student Room Group

Vote on the future of the Model European Union

Scroll to see replies

Euout we cannot be dictated by organisations we didnt even vote for
Reply 141
Original post by MedArsey
Euout we cannot be dictated by organisations we didnt even vote for

You voted people into the Parliment, the council and you voted for the president of the commission.
Original post by Aph
You voted people into the Parliment, the council and you voted for the president of the commission.

do i care tho looooooooooooool
Original post by toronto353
Obviously I can't go into PMs as I don't know what was said - your behaviour in opening the bar and then trying to ban people from it, sending out an unsolicited PM, and trying to close parties suggests that you very much think that you are in charge and I think that you want this project to succeed not so much because for the project, but for your own ego, thinking that you will be in charge of it all.

No, what I am suggesting is that you could have leaned on people to vote for the MEU and again, either you don't bother reading my posts or you want to continue lying - I have offered advice on this project and offered to be a source of support for adam in public posts. My suggestion that you're lying is because you're lying - you're wrong as well, but you're a liar whose argumetns are wrong. And again you contradict yourself, either you put some effort in to help set up the project or you didn't because adam told you not to. Which is it to be?

I've answered your vote question and you may think you're helping, but you will bring the project down from within because you are an abrasive personality and have got a lot of people's backs up. If you're truly interested in getting this project off the ground, you'll let TheDefiniteArticle and Petros take the lead on it and take a backseat because they actually have the respect of others in this place and will go about things in way which might attract members. If you don't, I, and others, can only conclude that you're seeking to inflate your own ego.

You are once again suggesting the only reason why I am interested in the MEU is that I can go on some egoistic crusade which is beyond stupid. All I want is for the MEU to become a thriving debating forum and I don't want people who are utterly paranoid of its exitence, like yourself, to destroy the project for those who want it to succeed.
Original post by Quamquam123
You are once again suggesting the only reason why I am interested in the MEU is that I can go on some egoistic crusade which is beyond stupid. All I want is for the MEU to become a thriving debating forum and I don't want people who are utterly paranoid of its exitence, like yourself, to destroy the project for those who want it to succeed.

Well if it's not true, then stand down and let others take your place in forming the MEU - you can't blame us for thinking that when you behave like you do. Your egotistical drive is betrayed by your own words 'I don't want people who are utterly paranoid of its exitence, like yourself, to destroy the project for those who want it to succeed' Who on earth are you to decide? If all you want is for the MEU to flourish, then let others form it without you, because you are not the person to lead it forward. Again, why would I offer advice if I want it destroyed? I find this notion of your's entirely baffling and misleading.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well if it's not true, then stand down and let others take your place in forming the MEU - you can't blame us for thinking that when you behave like you do. Your egotistical drive is betrayed by your own words 'I don't want people who are utterly paranoid of its exitence, like yourself, to destroy the project for those who want it to succeed' Who on earth are you to decide? If all you want is for the MEU to flourish, then let others form it without you, because you are not the person to lead it forward. Again, why would I offer advice if I want it destroyed? I find this notion of your's entirely baffling and misleading.

This once again demonstrates how opionated you are about the whole project. There is no reason whatsoever as to why I can't help to get the MEU set up. You are throwing subjective comments at me and I have heard you views on the matter several tmes now. I understand if you don't want to get involved with the MEU but if you don't support it, you shouldn't push for it to get closed down. You're not offering advice at all - you're just simply attacking everything I've done to try to get it up and running. I find this notion of your's entirely baffling and misleading.
[video="youtube;FtgDjJvDRc8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtgDjJvDRc8[/video]
This once again demonstrates how opionated you are about the whole project. There is no reason whatsoever as to why I can't help to get the MEU set up. You are throwing subjective comments at me and I have heard you views on the matter several tmes now. I understand if you don't want to get involved with the MEU but if you don't support it, you shouldn't push for it to get closed down. You're not offering advice at all - you're just simply attacking everything I've done to try to get it up and running. I find this notion of your's entirely baffling and misleading.

Why? Because your abrasive personality and irritating past actions demonstrate you turn people away from the MEU whereas Petros and TDA are more neutral figures who have the experience and temperament needed to allow this project to progress. Again, read my comments, for the love of God, read my posts - I have offered advice to set up the MEU and have even produced a timetable for progression with QC, so why am I pushing to close it down? Again as well, either adam asked you not to get involved or you've done loads to help set up the MEU, Which is it to be?
[video="youtube;0b6FZ3jHXtw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b6FZ3jHXtw[/video]
Reply 149

Toronto has been the main person offering advice on what to do, he posted this in the last governments chat thread, in the commons bar and in the MEU itself I belive. To claim that he doesn't support it is farcical at best and probably flippant.

Just because he has seen it has existed for 13 months with no activity, a committee was set up in December and we heard nothing just 'it's the fault of the CT' or 'we can't debate without sub forums' there were no updates from this committee and from what I have heard it only recently made a constitution because of this looming threat.
Why? Because your abrasive personality and irritating past actions demonstrate you turn people away from the MEU whereas Petros and TDA are more neutral figures who have the experience and temperament needed to allow this project to progress. Again, read my comments, for the love of God, read my posts - I have offered advice to set up the MEU and have even produced a timetable for progression with QC, so why am I pushing to close it down? Again as well, either adam asked you not to get involved or you've done loads to help set up the MEU, Which is it to be?

Once again some more subjective statements. You seem to be suggesting that somehow I am responsible for the MEU not getting off the ground yet. I started doing some work in helping to set up the MHoC and was prepared to do a lot more but Adam said we had to wait for the subforums to be made private. Read my comments, read my posts.
Original post by Aph
Toronto has been the main person offering advice on what to do, he posted this in the last governments chat thread, in the commons bar and in the MEU itself I belive. To claim that he doesn't support it is farcical at best and probably flippant.

Just because he has seen it has existed for 13 months with no activity, a committee was set up in December and we heard nothing just 'it's the fault of the CT' or 'we can't debate without sub forums' there were no updates from this committee and from what I have heard it only recently made a constitution because of this looming threat.

Well, that's the problem of Adam and the committee, not mine.
Once again some more subjective statements. You seem to be suggesting that somehow I am responsible for the MEU not getting off the ground yet. I started doing some work in helping to set up the MHoC and was prepared to do a lot more but Adam said we had to wait for the subforums to be made private. Read my comments, read my posts.

Well what was Life_peer's response to the PM, or meenu? How many times did the mods have to get involved the Commons Bar and the MEU chat thread because of you? Subjective they may be, but it doesn't mean that they are not true. I would read your posts, but they're either wrong or lies. Again, will you stand down from helping set up the MEU because it's in the best interests of the project that you do so? A simple yes or no will suffice.
Well what was Life_peer's response to the PM, or meenu? How many times did the mods have to get involved the Commons Bar and the MEU chat thread because of you? Subjective they may be, but it doesn't mean that they are not true. I would read your posts, but they're either wrong or lies. Again, will you stand down from helping set up the MEU because it's in the best interests of the project that you do so? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Their response to one message, designed purely to be helpful, was rather aggressive I must say. I don't have an official role in the MEU so there's nothing to stand down from. I will not be pushed to lose interest in this project because of what you think. Oh, and there's another subjective comment.
Their response to one message, designed purely to be helpful, was rather aggressive I must say. I don't have an official role in the MEU so there's nothing to stand down from. I will not be pushed to lose interest in this project because of what you think. Oh, and there's another subjective comment.

Yes because they didn't want to receive it - have you ever thought that you might be the problem? Well ok, let's take it another way, will you agree not to be involved in the team setting up the MEU? No-one is pushing you to lose interest, but you aren't the right person to set this up. Keep pointing out subjective comments, because that's not immature is it? :rolleyes:
Why are we still debating this? We had a vote, a clear majority want the MEU to close. That surely must be an end to the matter.

Is that 15 figure accurate by the way? You sure no dupes voted? I would have expected it to be lower than that.
Original post by Snufkin
Why are we still debating this? We had a vote, a clear majority want the MEU to close. That surely must be an end to the matter.

Is that 15 figure accurate by the way? You sure no dupes voted? I would have expected it to be lower than that.

The figures are still to be checked and corrected.
Yes because they didn't want to receive it - have you ever thought that you might be the problem? Well ok, let's take it another way, will you agree not to be involved in the team setting up the MEU? No-one is pushing you to lose interest, but you aren't the right person to set this up. Keep pointing out subjective comments, because that's not immature is it? :rolleyes:

1 message really isn't life-changing. Besides, you are being hypocritical seeing as you sent a message to those who had already said they didn't want to receive MEU related messages. You decided to ignore their complaints and sent the message to them anyway. I will not agree to that, no, as there is no reason why I can't help to set up the MEU. I am only pointing them out to demonstrate that what you are saying is based on opinion, not fact.
1 message really isn't life-changing. Besides, you are being hypocritical seeing as you sent a message to those who had already said they didn't want to receive MEU related messages. You decided to ignore their complaints and sent the message to them anyway. I will not agree to that, no, as there is no reason why I can't help to set up the MEU. I am only pointing them out to demonstrate that what you are saying is based on opinion, not fact.

Toronto had CT permission to send the PM. You didn't.
snip

Y'know, your argument in favour of keeping the MEU might be stronger if had you actually used the MEU yourself. But you haven't. You have made nearly 1400 posts in the MHoC, but only around 100 posts in the MEU (and at least half of those have been arguments in this thread or the Chat thread). :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending