The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) F334/F335 Exam Thread 2016 (14th/22nd June)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have a list of all the reactions/reagents?

Would greatly appreciate it.
Original post by sam2222
Wow....I just watched videos... and I printed out all the questions for WM , SS , TR MR and so I plan do them 2 or 3 times hopefully it will stick in... I hope they don't make it hard like the 2014 one

Which videos do you watch? I didn't know there was any got Salters

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kira Yagami
Does any one do the legacy papers?

Are those the really old ones? If so yes
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Are those the really old ones? If so yes

Ok cool. I'm assuming you've done all the current spec ones too.

What books do you use to revise with? And do you do all the questions in the books too?
Ok cool. I'm assuming you've done all the current spec ones too.

What books do you use to revise with? And do you do all the questions in the books too?

Yeah I've done as many as I could find 😭 Wbu

I've got both salters and cgp but I mainly use salters revision guide and I'm doing all the questions in the book today as well as doing the past papers I didn't get an A in again

What do you revise with? How are you revising? Any tips?
Reply 65
Original post by Zuzuvela
Which videos do you watch? I didn't know there was any got Salters

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.youtube.com/user/Franklychemistry
its is not for salters but the chemistry is the same

I plan to memorize these...flash cards on most asked questions!!!
https://quizlet.com/39652108/flashcards
Yeah I've done as many as I could find 😭 Wbu

I've got both salters and cgp but I mainly use salters revision guide and I'm doing all the questions in the book today as well as doing the past papers I didn't get an A in again

What do you revise with? How are you revising? Any tips?

I've done the legacy papers, all the past papers and I also use the Salters guide and CGP book.

In terms of tips, I just feel that we should just keep reading over the past papers.

Do you use the thick salters black and white textbook?

Also once you did all the legacy papers, did you make note of the questions e.g. any of the weird ones?
Untitled.png
Guys! Could someone explain to me how you'll do the 3rd section of part a (highlighted in blue).

Thanks in advance!
I've done the legacy papers, all the past papers and I also use the Salters guide and CGP book.

In terms of tips, I just feel that we should just keep reading over the past papers.

Do you use the thick salters black and white textbook?

Also once you did all the legacy papers, did you make note of the questions e.g. any of the weird ones?

Yeah I've got that thick one
I hate it so much don't even know where it is... Might be in my cats bed or something

Yeah I did or things I wasn't expecting eg: uses of Kevlar... Why should we recycle steel... Etc

Did you make note of the weird ones? They could come up?
Are you going to look through storylines too?
Yeah I've got that thick one
I hate it so much don't even know where it is... Might be in my cats bed or something

Yeah I did or things I wasn't expecting eg: uses of Kevlar... Why should we recycle steel... Etc

Did you make note of the weird ones? They could come up?
Are you going to look through storylines too?

I think the legacy questions could come up, I dunno tbh...

Yeah I have skimmed the thick storylines book but it is really boring. Chemistry is hard as it is and they actually made that book? not only is it so thick, it's black and white and has tiny writing.

Anyway yeah how are you feeling for this exam?
Original post by greentron6
Untitled.png
Guys! Could someone explain to me how you'll do the 3rd section of part a (highlighted in blue).

Thanks in advance!

Don't you calculate the rate constant from one of the others then use it with the concentrations given for the one to be calculated? I think that is what I would do.
Does any one do the legacy papers?

I haven't done any but aren't they completely different to what we do now? I'm not sure but i feel like for homework sometimes my teacher would give us some from a paper to do that were relevant.
I think the legacy questions could come up, I dunno tbh...

Yeah I have skimmed the thick storylines book but it is really boring. Chemistry is hard as it is and they actually made that book? not only is it so thick, it's black and white and has tiny writing.

Anyway yeah how are you feeling for this exam?

Exactly it's so boring it'll give me a headache

I'm feeling 60% OK 40% nervous lol
Wbu?
I just don't know what mood OCR are in
That's why
Exactly it's so boring it'll give me a headache

I'm feeling 60% OK 40% nervous lol
Wbu?
I just don't know what mood OCR are in
That's why

Yeah I find it hard to feel confident even If I understand everything lol

I tend to rush sometimes In exams. I think it's important to do everything fairly slowly and properly. I'd rather have done everything properly and then have like 5 mins to do the last 7 marks or so rather than rush everything and then check everything again.

I find it hard to be slow basically. Any tips for that?
I think Mass spec will come up.

Any predicitons on the 6 marker?

I think it will be about Enzymes or something like recrystalisation
Yeah I find it hard to feel confident even If I understand everything lol

I tend to rush sometimes In exams. I think it's important to do everything fairly slowly and properly. I'd rather have done everything properly and then have like 5 mins to do the last 7 marks or so rather than rush everything and then check everything again.

I find it hard to be slow basically. Any tips for that?

I'm slow because I read the question so many times loooool takes me a few seconds to get the concept and sometimes I write in pencil that's how Unconfident I am loooooool

Maybe read the question twice?
Got a feeling they gonna ask us to draw something in this exam...
Maybe vacuum filtration? Or something unusual?

Maybe TLC with an amino acid so we have to mention ninhydrin instead of iodine and UV... They'll try catch us out I'm sure
Guys can anyone explain to me the electrode potential feasibility thing? In the Revise Chemistry for salters A2 book page 36 what did they do the equation? Did it make any difference? They just used the same old E(more +) - E(more - )
Original post by sam2222
https://www.youtube.com/user/Franklychemistry
its is not for salters but the chemistry is the same

I plan to memorize these...flash cards on most asked questions!!!
https://quizlet.com/39652108/flashcards

Thanks for the flashcards Sam :smile:!!
Btw guys, I plan to start past papers the day before the exam i.e. tomorrow. Am I screwed? :frown: :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending