The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
No,:
Six in ten respondents (61%) agree that homosexuals should have the same legal rights in all aspects of their lives as heterosexuals, and those who disapprove of sexual relations between two adults of the same sex (29%) are greatly outnumbered by those who do not (46%).
https://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/2921/Religious-and-Social-Attitudes-of-UK-Christians-in-2011.aspx

You should posting. You keep embarrassing yourself.

https://mic.com/articles/130894/this-poll-shows-how-christians-in-america-really-feel-about-homosexuality#.pOkjsPQaM also. but still, many christians are openly homophobic
Original post by KloppOClock
are you for real? before he did the attack he literally claimed his allegiance to ISIS

Source?
Reply 162
Original post by OGGUS
You need to find a solution rather than just kill them... As A Muslim this is what needs to be done.
Indeed.
And the solution is... do nothing. Sexuality is not something that needs "resolving". It only requires acceptance.

And if you can't find a "solution", is "killing them" ok then?
Original post by QE2
To which god?

To Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Reply 165
Original post by OGGUS
Okay sorry man. But I'm trying to be neutral about the situation.
Why? Are you naturally inclined to a more extreme view?
Reply 166
Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump
Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!

He surely knows to write stupid posts. :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 167
Original post by epage
Don't blame muslims, religion, or anything except homophobia.
No one is blaming "Muslims" (apart from the one who carried out this attack, obviously).
Religion should be blamed if it was religious indoctrination that led, even in part, to this attack.
The cause of the homophobia is as important as the bigotry itself. If it was religious dogma (which seems plausible), then we do blame the religion.
Reply 168
Original post by interact
Funny that what is really a norm in the US, because of its gun laws is being used as an excuse for killing thousands of people and starting illegal wars
Funny that I know the meaning of all the words you used, but in the order that you used them, they make absolutely no sense.

If he did, that needs to be investigated. But the telegraph is the only news source that I have seen reporting that, which I am guessing came from this tweet which literally doesn't prove anything, and it has just been presumed as I haven't read or heard any witness accounts saying that
Original post by The Epicurean
x

Quick question: Would you say your explanations in Islam being able to accept homosexuality is also in agreement with the classical tafseers including Ibn Kathir?
Original post by epage
If he did, that needs to be investigated. But the telegraph is the only news source that I have seen reporting that, which I am guessing came from this tweet which literally doesn't prove anything, and it has just been presumed as I haven't read or heard any witness accounts saying that

i mean thats just the one i quoted, i could provide 50 more sources but I dont really want to waste my time doing that.

And there have been a few witness accounts who have claimed he was praying in arabic during the attack.

btfo
Original post by KloppOClock
i mean thats just the one i quoted, i could provide 50 more sources but I dont really want to waste my time doing that.

And there have been a few witness accounts who have claimed he was praying in arabic during the attack.

btfo

I will look into it
Reply 173
Original post by epage
HE WASNT AN ISLAMIC EXTREMIST. He just happened to be muslim.
Hmm...
By definition, someone who believes in Islam is Islamic.
By definition, shooting 50 people is extreme.

However, it does remain to be seen if Islamic ideology had anything to do with his motivation to carry out this attack. We don't know yet, so to make categorical statements either way is premature.
Original post by epage
I will look into it

i couldnt care less
Reply 175
Original post by Josb
Well, that's going to boost Donald Trump.
Don't give the tinfoil hatters ideas!
Original post by Thutmose-III
I'm not worried. I grieve for their deaths but this changes nothing. We've clipped 30,000 of those f*ckers in airstrikes, and we'll kill another 1000 over the next week as government officials order retaliation for this crime.

I'm incredibly sad the West has suffered another attack, and as a gay guy of course makes me angry. But it doesn't change the basic calculus; we're going to keep steamrolling over these losers until they've lost all of their territory, then we'll hand them over to the Iraqis to be tortured and killed. No terrorist attack can stop that now.

Air striking isn't the best method as that kills innocent lives too. Its also important to remember that it's because of the west terrorism has increased in general (rise of Isis).
So, a Muslim walked into a gay bar...
Reply 178
Original post by epage
Doubt it.
Anders Brevik - white supremacist extremist.
Dylann Roof - white supremacist extremist
Eric Rudolph - Christian extremist
Army of God - Christian extremists
etc
etc...
Original post by NickLCFC
So, a Muslim walked into a gay bar...

And showed them lots of peace

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending