The Student Room Group

It's already kicking off in Marseille...

Scroll to see replies

If last night's events are anything to go by, the next World Cup is certainly going to be interesting.
Original post by Jebedee
Where were these hooligans and their liquid courage when the muslims were running riot? They could be useful rather than throwing chairs around.

the england Hools were chanting ' where are you ISIS' yesterday, much to the annoyance of the local marseiile muslim populations
Original post by neal95
hate how the press kept vilifying the English lads. only now that the Russian fans charged post game have they changed their tune.

historically it has been the england fans laying waste to their own country and europe with their mindless hooliganism. its now the case the rest of the world has learnt from youtube clips of the 1980s and 1990s of english hooliganism heydey and overtaken. the russians hooligans are perhaps the worst int he world - they have developed the same stupid mentality of the english all those years ago, but arnt beer bellied drunken thugs - they are martial arts trained systema and thai boxing fight fanatics ( hence why the english fans are legging it when they turn up)
Euros have always been the powder keg mix of the worlds most thuggish fans - dont forget the knife carry turks, the war hardend croats and serbs, the swedes, the french youth, the steroided poles etc. outside of south america ists the worst environment to be a sensible footbal fan
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chakede
the england Hools were chanting ' where are you ISIS' yesterday, much to the annoyance of the local marseiile muslim populations

I guess they do support ISIS after all, otherwise they'd have joined in.
Original post by Jebedee
I guess they do support ISIS after all, otherwise they'd have joined in.

well arnt IS simply islams equivalent of violent football hooliganism ( replacing football tribalism with islamic propoganda) there are reports of north african ( ie muslim) french scuffles with english fans. but they arnt by any means as mad as russian fans. utlimatley becuase of their past rep- english are always going to be a beacon for all the worlds thugs to have a go at
Original post by Chakede
well arnt IS simply islams equivalent of violent football hooliganism ( replacing football tribalism with islamic propoganda) there are reports of north african ( ie muslim) french scuffles with english fans. but they arnt by any means as mad as russian fans. utlimatley becuase of their past rep- english are always going to be a beacon for all the worlds thugs to have a go at

My point is if they were shouting slurs about ISIS, surely if the local muslims are not extremists then they should be proxy also hate ISIS and therefore be happy about this.

And no, I think it's awful to try and equate football hooligans with a group that commits mass genocide and terrorism.
Original post by Jebedee
My point is if they were shouting slurs about ISIS, surely if the local muslims are not extremists then they should be proxy also hate ISIS and therefore be happy about this.

And no, I think it's awful to try and equate football hooligans with a group that commits mass genocide and terrorism.

they both incite mindless violence based on their own tribalistic principles - IS just are more heavily armed and better funded.
Original post by Chakede
they both incite mindless violence based on their own tribalistic principles - IS just are more heavily armed and better funded.

Wow it is really amazing someone would actually say that. You honestly think a few pissed up hooligans have the same intentions to the same degree as ISIS?

Ever thought about an editorial career for the guardian?
Original post by Jebedee
Wow it is really amazing someone would actually say that. You honestly think a few pissed up hooligans have the same intentions to the same degree as ISIS?

Ever thought about an editorial career for the guardian?

i have never actually read the guardian. but if thats what they are saying i dont see why that would sound so outlandish. 'pissed up hoolligans' have killed before. if you think stamping on someones head or stabbing them becuase they dont support the same team as you do is somehow more 'honourable' than shooting them fr being a different religion, then you have some significant psychological issues ....
Original post by Chakede
i have never actually read the guardian. but if thats what they are saying i dont see why that would sound so outlandish. 'pissed up hoolligans' have killed before. if you think stamping on someones head or stabbing them becuase they dont support the same team as you do is somehow more 'honourable' than shooting them fr being a different religion, then you have some significant psychological issues ....

Here is why you are wrong.
Not every hooligan when given the option wants to kill. EVERY ISIS member wants to kill and methodically goes about it.
Original post by Jebedee
Here is why you are wrong.
Not every hooligan when given the option wants to kill. EVERY ISIS member wants to kill and methodically goes about it.

i dont think a hooligan cares whether they kill or not ( they are only concerned about getting caught) you cant stamp on someones head being oblivious to the fact that massive head trauma can kill.
not every IS memeber actually kills either- is employs it programmers, doctors, engineers etc etc to help the organisation without very attacking anyone.

essentially both represent the dregs of the culture that produced them - but i dont really see much difference between them apart form methods used
Original post by Chakede

not every IS memeber actually kills either- is employs it programmers, doctors, engineers etc etc to help the organisation without very attacking anyone.

Yeah, because that is the most efficient way to kill rather than sending everyone out to kill.
Even the Nazis had accountants and admins, doesn't make them less evil.
Original post by Jebedee
Yeah, because that is the most efficient way to kill rather than sending everyone out to kill.
Even the Nazis had accountants and admins, doesn't make them less evil.

you seem confused - im not trying to claim anyone is less evil . you are trying to suggest football hooligans are not scum of the earth - whereas im saying both they and IS are the scum of the earth - perhaps there will be a convienient meeting of the two, away from the rest of civilised society
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chakede
you seem confused - im not trying to claim anyone is less evil . you are trying to suggest football hooligans are not scum of the earth - whereas im saying both they and IS are the scum of the earth - perhaps there will be a convienient meeting of the two, away from the rest of civilised society

Your first statement is the problem. ISIS is more evil than football hooligans are and that does not mean both aren't scum of the earth.

strawman.jpg
Original post by Jebedee
Your first statement is the problem. ISIS is more evil than football hooligans are and that does not mean both aren't scum of the earth.

strawman.jpg

must be your own strawman. #my point wasnt to compare 'levels of evil'

it was to say both were similar examples of primitive tribalism promoting mindless violence
The Germans and Ukrainians are now showing their love for their fellow Europeans by kicking the crap out of each other in Lille.
Original post by Quantex
The Germans and Ukrainians are now showing their love for their fellow Europeans by kicking the crap out of each other in Lille.

was inevtable. next big one to kick off i suspect will be russia vs slovakia and germany poland, whcih will prob even overshadow eng vs wales
Chaos. What a load of morons ruining it for everyone else.:frown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYotY58fhoI

I love how the guy a 1.05 just calmly retrieves his pint and walks off. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending