The Student Room Group

What 3 words would you use to describe the EU?

No meme responses please.

Say what impression the atmosphere of the EU gives you- and be honest. I am interested.

My first word would be exclusive, because it seems like everything that happens in it, every decision that is made, takes place behind closed doors, in obscure parliaments and debates, and in foreign languages. For similar reasons, I would also describe it as elitist. Nothing in Europe happens without it going through the EU first, and average people do not feel able to have control- not to mention that nobody really knows the heads and presidents of the EU that well.

My final word would be... foreign. Because it really gives the impression of being a French or German run project with the British not really in on it.

Those are just my emotional, intuitive ideas. But they are important- the feelings that a government inspires in the people are a massive driving force of that nation's future.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Unfit
For
Purpose

Or

Good
Idea
Failed
Reply 2
naturally this thread will be hijacked by primitive brexiters.
1) We
2) Should
3) Stay
Undemocratic
Stressful
Costful
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
elitist
dictators
anti-democratic
Risky
Uncontrollable
Worthless
Better
Than
Tories

Seriously, the EU may be in a mess right now, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Tories + the completely undemocratic House of Lords.

E: (Keep in mind that TTIP's main advocate is the Tory government. Most of the EU doesn't want it. If we left the EU, the Tories would probably try to push a similar trade deal)
Reply 8
Original post by Jazzyboy
Better
Than
Tories

Seriously, the EU may be in a mess right now, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Tories + the completely undemocratic House of Lords.

E: (Keep in mind that TTIP's main advocate is the Tory government. Most of the EU doesn't want it. If we left the EU, the Tories would probably try to push a similar trade deal)

It aint even a bad deal. I was heavily surprised when the EU was so passionate about it.
Reply 9
No
Thank
You

Original post by drogon
naturally this thread will be hijacked by primitive brexiters.

You're
A
Reply 10
Original post by Jazzyboy
Better
Than
Tories

Can
Unelect
Tories
Do
Not
Leave
Co-operation
Influence
Inevitable
undemocratic
bad economics
IfYouWantTo LeaveYou AreVeryNaive
Reply 15
Original post by kennyboy69.5
IfYouWantTo LeaveYou AreVeryNaive

Average
Remain
Voter
Power-hungry
Arrogant
Remote
Original post by EuanF
Average
Remain
Voter

HeyItsMyBuddyEuan

AverageCluelessBrexiterReadingOneArticleAboutPoliticalUnionAndBasingHisEntireVoteUponThat

NeededAnotherWord
Reply 18
Original post by kennyboy69.5
HeyItsMyBuddyEuan

AverageCluelessBrexiterReadingOneArticleAboutPoliticalUnionAndBasingHisEntireVoteUponThat

NeededAnotherWord

A v e r a g e
R e m a i n
V o t e r
Original post by EuanF
A v e r a g e
R e m a i n
V o t e r

AndHesAlreadyStartedRepeatingHimself

Good

Night

Quick Reply