The Student Room Group

WJEC C3/C4 8th/17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

It seems more people found our c3 paper harder than last year's one according to my poll, so I guess lower grade boundaries are to be expected compared to last year maybe :^)
Original post by bongo2468
Could someone help me out please *URGENT*
Can anyone remember how much each question/part was worth please, i'm trying to add up my marks. Here is what I think so please correct my if i'm wrong:

Question/ Mark out of
1a = 4
1b = 2
2a = 6
2b = 4
3 = 4
4a = 5
4bi = 2
4bii = 1
5a = 3
5b = 5
6a = 2
6b =2
6c = 3
7ai = 2
7aii = 2
7aiii = 2
7b = 4
8a = 2
8b = 3
8ci = 3
8cii = 2
9a = 3
9b = 2
10a = 5
10b = 2

someone posted the paper on pg 10 or 11
Original post by Firestartc
someone posted the paper on pg 10 or 11

I've got the answers I just want to know how many marks each question/part is worth
Predicted grade boundaries??
Original post by bongo2468
I've got the answers I just want to know how many marks each question/part is worth

"Someone posted the paper" means someone posted the paper i.e. the thing with the questions and number of marks for each question on it.
Original post by Jack1066
I think the examiners from the WJEC must be aroused by flower beds tbh

Thats so true 😂
Anyone else feel the urge to revise core 2 after core 3's flower incident?😂 they'll probably throw a log proof in there somewhere knowing our luck!😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 247
I just did the c4 paper from 2015, there were so many 'extra' bits that I knew how to do but they just take timeee and aren't actually worth that many marks! It took me like 2 and a half hours to finish :s-smilie: I get 20 minutes extra time, but I'm worried I'm going to run out of time in the exam next week :frown: any tips?
If I worked out the last question by the normal method of working out the inverse of the original function and then got the correct answer , will i get both marks?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Firestartc
If I worked out the last question by the normal method of working out the inverse of the original function and then got the correct answer , will i get both marks?

No you will get 1/2 (for having the correct value of 1/9) since the question stated "hence state" meaning you had to use a previous answer
Dreading c4 😂😂
Original post by JessyMarie
Dreading c4 😂😂

Could be worse, could be sitting STEP I on the 14th, STEP II on the 16th and then only sitting C4 on the 17th.
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Could be worse, could be sitting STEP I on the 14th, STEP II on the 16th and then only sitting C4 on the 17th.

Sounds like mathematical hell

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just attempted the C4 paper from last year.. Couldn't answer half the questions or it took me 30 mins to answer the hard 3/4 mark questions 😭 I'm hoping for a nicer C4 paper this year.. Do you think it's a good idea to try questions from other exam boards?
Original post by BubbleLover98
I just attempted the C4 paper from last year.. Couldn't answer half the questions or it took me 30 mins to answer the hard 3/4 mark questions 😭 I'm hoping for a nicer C4 paper this year.. Do you think it's a good idea to try questions from other exam boards?

Possibly edexcel as I think WJEC are doing more "problem solving" questions similar to the ones you find on edexcel papers
Reply 255
i've done all the past papers more than once, suggestions on stuff to do now??
Original post by aehr
i've done all the past papers more than once, suggestions on stuff to do now??

Go through the content and make sure you understand every last detail.
But tbh if you're consistently getting the grade you want you're fine.
Hi, just checked the posted mark scheme. If i got 1/y^3 without the -1 numerator, how many marks would i lose? 2 or 1?
Original post by Polaroid123
Hi, just checked the posted mark scheme. If i got 1/y^3 without the -1 numerator, how many marks would i lose? 2 or 1?

You probably get 1 mark for working out that y^3 was the denominator, and another mark for the correct answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dioooooon
You probably get 1 mark for working out that y^3 was the denominator, and another mark for the correct answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah, so i get 1 mark right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending