The Student Room Group

I simply must approach this girl before the summer holiday. HELP.

Hi guys and girls of TSR, I have kinda a huge crush on a girl and I need some advice (DETAILED).
Ever since I started my A-levels I have had this incredibly deep crush on a girl who I think (70ish% sure) likes me also!
Her outstanding features are how kind, considerate and calm she is (She is also very pretty, but I like her for her personality more).
I am a very reserved person socially, being a shy introvert with limited self-confidence (INFP if you care about the psychology of it all), therefore it is hard for me to strike up a conversation.
Another huge issue is her shyness, I find this incredibly cute but it seems like it would get in the way.
I think that she likes me based on a number of things, including, but not limited to:

The Thursday gone we were looking (kinda as we sit in an awkward position from each-other) at each-other a lot in maths. She was also playing with her hair a lot during this time. It was bizarre though, as the very next day she hardly looked at me at all, which made me sad.

Anytime I see her, she seems as though she was staring at me just before.

Of the (very) few times I have spoken to her she has been incredibly shy.

Anyway, I need to establish some kind of relationship with her before the summer holidays (friendship or relationship) because I don't think I could go six weeks without seeing her.

So... I have a few questions.

She does like me... Doesn't she?

What could the flirtatious eye-contact on Thursday, yet reservedness on Friday mean. (I don't think she was leading me on because she seems like she has liked me for a while).

How do I become a somewhat confident man before the summer holidays?

Whew! Rant over. If you read this far, thank you:h:!

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sorry, I would've posted without anonymous on, but my username is my real name.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys and girls of TSR, I have kinda a huge crush on a girl and I need some advice (DETAILED).
Ever since I started my A-levels I have had this incredibly deep crush on a girl who I think (70ish% sure) likes me also!
Her outstanding features are how kind, considerate and calm she is (She is also very pretty, but I like her for her personality more).
I am a very reserved person socially, being a shy introvert with limited self-confidence (INFP if you care about the psychology of it all), therefore it is hard for me to strike up a conversation.
Another huge issue is her shyness, I find this incredibly cute but it seems like it would get in the way.
I think that she likes me based on a number of things, including, but not limited to:

The Thursday gone we were looking (kinda as we sit in an awkward position from each-other) at each-other a lot in maths. She was also playing with her hair a lot during this time. It was bizarre though, as the very next day she hardly looked at me at all, which made me sad.

Anytime I see her, she seems as though she was staring at me just before.

Of the (very) few times I have spoken to her she has been incredibly shy.

Anyway, I need to establish some kind of relationship with her before the summer holidays (friendship or relationship) because I don't think I could go six weeks without seeing her.

So... I have a few questions.

What could the flirtatious eye-contact on Thursday, yet reservedness on Friday mean. (I don't think she was leading me on because she seems like she has liked me for a while).

Whew! Rant over. If you read this far, thank you:h:!

Spoiler

Hi, I think she does like you (she might have ignored you because she felt embaressed about you catching her watching you).
The only way your going to know for sure if she likes you is by asking her (ahhhh scary)
You can't wake up one day and suddenly be really confident but my personal experiance is that you fake it untill it becomes real aha.
Think of it like this, youve got nothing to lose, you might as well ask her out otherwise you might regret it when your by yourself for 6 weeks (and we both think you like her, so why not).

Hope this helps.
Reply 3
Original post by rachelmary97
Hi, I think she does like you (she might have ignored you because she felt embaressed about you catching her watching you).
The only way your going to know for sure if she likes you is by asking her (ahhhh scary)
You can't wake up one day and suddenly be really confident but my personal experiance is that you fake it untill it becomes real aha.
Think of it like this, youve got nothing to lose, you might as well ask her out otherwise you might regret it when your by yourself for 6 weeks (and we both think you like her, so why not).

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I will try and muster up the confidence, there is still one thing that I'm confused about however. Surely she would've stopped right away if she was embarrassed that I noticed her, as opposed to looking at me one day, then not the next.
Thanks, I will try and muster up the confidence, there is still one thing that I'm confused about however. Surely she would've stopped right away if she was embarrassed that I noticed her, as opposed to looking at me one day, then not the next.

Not necessarily, she could have felt quite confident that day, maybe she thought you might like her. Then the next day she might not think you do like her which is why she would be embarassad of staring at you. You said she is shy so she might feel insecure and worry that a guy could never like her and that you must think she is creepy. Ask her out or tell her that you like her, it will really make it a lot easier. Trust me, the regret is real aha. Personally, I'm quite shy and I've done these things before but I could be wrong.
Reply 5
Original post by rachelmary97
Not necessarily, she could have felt quite confident that day, maybe she thought you might like her. Then the next day she might not think you do like her which is why she would be embarassad of staring at you. You said she is shy so she might feel insecure and worry that a guy could never like her and that you must think she is creepy. Ask her out or tell her that you like her, it will really make it a lot easier. Trust me, the regret is real aha. Personally, I'm quite shy and I've done these things before but I could be wrong.

Thank you for the advice! The last line gave me hope, knowing that you've done similar things.
If you do approach her, it would be sensible to do it when it's just the two of you so she doesn't feel pressured into saying yes and it's a bit more private.
Thank you for the advice! The last line gave me hope, knowing that you've done similar things.

No problem, I have a lot of experiance giving this sort of advice to my friends so i'm spreading the love haha.

Good luck!, you seem really nice so i'm sure you will have no difficulty in wooing her aha.

Have a great day!

Possibly

Hell if I know

Fake it for a few days, if all else fails you'll be good enough at faking it to pull something off
Reply 9
Do you have any classes with her? What signs has she shown you that you think show she likes you? Have you shown her clearly that you like her, maybe if she's shy she is waiting for a few more signs from you :smile:
Original post by Emi1998
Do you have any classes with her? What signs has she shown you that you think show she likes you? Have you shown her clearly that you like her, maybe if she's shy she is waiting for a few more signs from you :smile:

Just one :frown:. Maths, I see her on three separate occasions/week. This seems like the most likely possibility because I am shy also.

If you want me to list a few ways (I think) she has been showing she likes me, I will.
Firstly, I am certain she looks at me often, particularly when I say something to the class, I notice that she doesn't do this for anybody else.
Also, one day she went to the front of the classroom to collect past papers for the class, but she only took two, instead of giving one to her good friend, she handed it straight to me. I asked her what it was and she kinda smiled uncontrollably and shied away and mumbled "I dunno". This was the first time we spoke to each-other I think.
I noticed she started walking the same way home as me all of a sudden, well, until her friend got a car :frown:.
I remember also once when she was talking to a group of friends when I think my name was mentioned, shortly after a friend said "don't worry, you'll get him"

I know they are only little things, but the way she looks at me gives me hope, I'm going to try and talk to her if I get the courage and see if she acts shy again.
remember that communicating with ladies is 95% body language, 5% spoken language ?
Original post by the bear
remember that communicating with ladies is 95% body language, 5% spoken language ?

So, you're saying that ladies express emotions through body language primarily?
Or that I should be communicating through body language?
With this like this you will never know if she likes you or not. If you wait too long she might even lose interest out of you if she ever had any because she doesnt seem like she wants to directly make a move. Remember being confident is a mindset. You can be suddenly confident the next morning because its a mindset. (however that usually doesnt happen). Other than that it shouldnt matter if school is finishing or not you should be asking her out if you like her. You're unconfident because you think if she doesnt like me schools going to finish anyways. If you liked her from a long time you should've asked her out by now! A girl will never ask you out, be a man and ask her out.
Only she knows whether she likes you, I didn't read the brackets (no offense) as they are probably vague things that may make you think she is/isn't attracted to you which can be construed almost any way.

The larger point is that you need to find out whether she likes you. I'd ask for her number (make up a BS reason for getting it) and start texting her with the intention of meeting her. None of this social media only relationship stuff kids of today have.
Original post by Diego Costa
Only she knows whether she likes you, I didn't read the brackets (no offense) as they are probably vague things that may make you think she is/isn't attracted to you which can be construed almost any way.

The larger point is that you need to find out whether she likes you. I'd ask for her number (make up a BS reason for getting it) and start texting her with the intention of meeting her. None of this social media only relationship stuff kids of today have.

Yeah, I think you're right about the brackets haha. I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and talk to her this week, I'm going to see how she acts around me and then try and get her phone number.
Side note: I agree completely with the social media relationship thing.
Original post by revision1
How may times this week will you see her, you said you had maths together why don't you try sitting next to her??

3 times a week in maths, we don't really see each-other in the study centre often.
Sitting three seats away from her consistently for an entire year, then sitting right next to her seems weird to me. I don't really have the courage to do that either.
Yeah, I think you're right about the brackets haha. I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and talk to her this week, I'm going to see how she acts around me and then try and get her phone number.
Side note: I agree completely with the social media relationship thing.

3 times a week in maths, we don't really see each-other in the study centre often.
Sitting three seats away from her consistently for an entire year, then sitting right next to her seems weird to me. I don't really have the courage to do that either.

You don't really want to see how she behaves before asking her number, she could be a little less receptive as she's in a bad mood or something. You do however need to get the number, in case you can't get it the next time. You don't want to get the number off a friend, that's a little weird.

Since you mentioned that she's in the study centre often, you could say something like "Let me know when you're next in the study centre. You have my number right...?" She won't obviously, and that's the easiest way you could get to swap numbers. It's not easy, that goes without saying. However as the adage goes - fortune favours the brave.
If you have any specific questions ask me

[video="youtube;8r2Q9S4PLkQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r2Q9S4PLkQ[/video]

Go for it son.
Also are you 100% sure that shes not taken?? has she ever mentioned being single
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending