The Student Room Group

Why can't people learn to grow a thick skin?

Scroll to see replies

Because they are insecure and don't believe in themselves and their ability to succeed.
OP, we have no need for such triggering posts on here. This is supposed to be a safe space for safe chat.
Modern day political correctness for you.

It's along the same lines as school sports days where everyone gets a medal.
Well some of us cant really help it!
Getting hurtful comments thrown at you on a daily basis doesnt really help tbh.
Its people like you who make our lives hell!!!
Why cant some people learn to be nice to others is what im gonna ask you!
Original post by Changing Skies
I'm the most sensitive person I know. I let absolutely everything bother me. I don't know how to get over it, otherwise I would have done so by now :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kudos to you for admitting that though. It can be difficult to admit when we're vulnerable. So that's pretty brave of you anyway.
Reply 25
Original post by xobeauty
Because mommy and daddy babied them too much, too protective and sheltered. And then when they are thrown into the real world they don't know what to do with themselves?

hmmm, i see right i understand but the kind of stuff i'm talking about are just little quarrels and small thing in life
for example a friday detention in school, why would ppl cry over it? but they do
Original post by Trapz99
Because they are insecure and don't believe in themselves and their ability to succeed.

so they cry which helps them to fail more miserably? They're not thinking straight get a grip
Original post by TimmonaPortella
OP, we have no need for such triggering posts on here. This is supposed to be a safe space for safe chat.

Their ineptitude and weak will for everything triggers me
Original post by JamesN88
Modern day political correctness for you.

It's along the same lines as school sports days where everyone gets a medal.

I don't really understand?
Original post by FireFreezer77
Well some of us cant really help it!
Getting hurtful comments thrown at you on a daily basis doesnt really help tbh.
Its people like you who make our lives hell!!!
Why cant some people learn to be nice to others is what im gonna ask you!

I wholly agree with you however taking racist insults everyday for a year everytime that person sees you forces you to grow a thick skin
However your 3rd line i disagree with because i'm not a bully and i'm super quiet+ introverted, i'm more one to take the **** from others rather than give it out.

I can be nice, well actually i treat everyone the same and just sorta keep on doing what i'm doing depending what i'm doing and what the person is asking me. I'll just acknowledge your point or whatever you want to say then be silent then just go back to doing whatever i was doing, it's really the same for everyone really....
Original post by godivaontherocks
Kudos to you for admitting that though. It can be difficult to admit when we're vulnerable. So that's pretty brave of you anyway.

Thank you, I appreciate it :h:
Original post by Changing Skies
Thank you, I appreciate it :h:

You're very welcome. :smile:
Original post by Big white
-.- natural selection is better

Natural selection has no place in modern society. If natural selection had its way, you and I would probably both be dead.
A human observing a weak human who will be consumed by the wrath of hell

1465612387512.png
A human observing a weak human who will be consumed by the wrath of hell

On the contrary - the meek shall inherit the earth.
I wish I had a thicker skin when I browse TSR.

All these 'I only got 9 A*'s, my life is over' threads really trigger me.

Edit: OH LOOK ANOTHER ONE http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4159745

This site is cancerous, why can't I leave?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Natural selection has no place in modern society. If natural selection had its way, you and I would probably both be dead.

It doesn't because everyone just wants to save everyone else and let no-one die, thus as a result the stupid reproduce just like the smart.

Original post by Abstract_Prism
1465612387512.png

k
On the contrary - the meek shall inherit the earth.

I see
I wish I had a thicker skin when I browse TSR.

All these 'I only got 9 A*'s, my life is over' threads really trigger me.

Edit: OH LOOK ANOTHER ONE http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4159745

This site is cancerous, why can't I leave?

Same lol i think they do it just to show off.
It doesn't because everyone just wants to save everyone else and let no-one die, thus as a result the stupid reproduce just like the smart.

Which is fine. There's no problem with that.

In any case natural selection doesn't prey upon the stupid, it preys upon the unlucky. Even the fittest, smartest individual alive can get hit by a bus.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Which is fine. There's no problem with that.

In any case natural selection doesn't prey upon the stupid, it preys upon the unlucky. Even the fittest, smartest individual alive can get hit by a bus.

There isn't no :smile:

You really think natural selection favours the smart?

Lol no, it favours the big and strong.

I think you're mixing up natural selection with eugenics.
Reply 36
You really think natural selection favours the smart?

Lol no, it favours the big and strong.

I think you're mixing up natural selection with eugenics.

No i have apparently mixed this up thanks for pointing this out
Why are some people so just weak and intolerable?
They get insulted once and the start crying or whatever or they get all emotional about it, like wtf grow a skin on top of your skin to not get hurt

Or you could just not be a dickens?
Say this to the majority of Muslims on here :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Anonymοοse
Or you could just not be a dickens?

That's funny because people assume that i'm a dick and a huge knob to others when in fact you're assuming wrong and you have no solid evidence to base it on. In any case, like i've said to another comment, i'm not actually a dick and i'm just gonna treat everyone the same, whether it be acknowledging you then ignoring afterwards or whatever i'm just a quiet introverted person who spends his life on the internet

Quick Reply

Latest