The Student Room Group

Shooting in gay club in Florida

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Everglow
How the hell did he get an assault rifle, let alone manage to get into this club with one?

So so sad.

1) It's America.

2) Having a loaded weapon and pointing it gives you access to pretty much anywhere.
Original post by TelAviv
What homophobic agendas?

Whatever they are, they're apparently more important to this democratic voter of Afghan extraction than his local imam in Orlando preaching that all gays should be killed. Or the fact that in the culture he comes from, victimising gays is as normal as breathing. Yep, definitely Trump because something something. Idiot. (The person you're responding to, not you lol).
Original post by The Roast
1) It's America.

2) Having a loaded weapon and pointing it gives you access to pretty much anywhere.

Original post by Chakede
..eerm, because its america :dontknow:

Yeah but an assault rifle is massive! It's the type of gun used in warfare.

you can buy them in america, if you have access to money

It's not that big, they're lightweight too (the AR-15)

Have you ever held one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
man with assault rifle jsut arressted on way to LA gay pride - breaking news
Original post by Chakede
man with assault rifle jsut arressted on way to LA gay pride - breaking news

Link please?

Very glad he was stopped.
Original post by The Roast
Link please?

Very glad he was stopped.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637859/Police-arrested-man-assault-rifles-possible-explosives-said-headed-L-Pride-parade.html

in mmore about Orlando - its confirmed shooter was of afgan heritage, and that he had some altercation with two gay men recently having got angry at their public copulating or something of the sort
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ivybridge
But I mean, you think we're going to hell anyway right? To burn in fire and all that jazz... And doesn't God's plan dictate what we do? I mean, didn't God miraculously tell this guy to do it?

#philosophicalhour

This is terrible... and people still think the LGBT community has no issues in the West, lol.

This isn't the time to talk about any of this. The attack was a terrible act of violence- it doesn't matter who the victims were. They were all humans. RIP
Original post by Chakede
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637859/Police-arrested-man-assault-rifles-possible-explosives-said-headed-L-Pride-parade.html

in mmore about Orlando - its confirmed shooter was of afgan heritage, and that he had some altercation with two gay men recently having got angry at their public copulating or something of the sort

Links to ISIS have been confirmed too
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orlando-nightclub-massacre/terror-hate-what-motivated-orlando-nightclub-shooter-n590496?cid=sm_tw&hootPostID=acda79a1758da5a2e7c019287014db07

DM isn't the best source, but it tells me there are more attacks to come of this nature. Might have been coordinated?
Original post by Trapz99
This isn't the time to talk about any of this. The attack was a terrible act of violence- it doesn't matter who the victims were. They were all humans. RIP

Just thought I'd take the opportunity.
Reply 212
Now there's reports of a man arrested trying to go to Pride in LA with weapons and explosives, wtf is going on. Apparently the shooter in Orlando had been angered by 2 men holding hands, so his response was to go and murder 50 people, it's beyond horrific.

Meanwhile in Ukraine, the first Kiev Pride took place today peacefully, but still not without far-right threats of violence which meant a heavy police presence was needed. I get that some people might not like homosexuality and they're entitled to their opinions, but how and why are some so strongly and violently against something that doesn't affect them in any way? It baffles me, I suppose religion is largely to blame :frown:
The American right wing struggling to decide who they hate more; muslims or gays...
Original post by epage
Do NOT blame religion or muslims or anything other than raw homophobia for this. It is a hate crime.

their religion says to kill gay people though, and their parents obviously emphasised this point as they came from a country like afghanistan. open your eyes, please, for your own good.
Original post by sleepysnooze
their religion says to kill gay people though, and their parents obviously emphasised this point as they came from a country like afghanistan. open your eyes, please, for your own good.

and you have proof of that, do you? plenty of people have homophobic parents but they dont going around murdering gay people.
Original post by ivybridge
Just thought I'd take the opportunity.

Don't make this about gays. This is an attack on Americans and all of America by an Islamic terrorist.
Original post by Trapz99

yeah... it was and they were all humans but it DOES matter who the victims were. it shows that there is still homophobia in our society. the perp chose that club because it was the most popular gay club in orlando and because he wanted to kill gay people. thats important. dont erase that
Original post by Olie
Now there's reports of a man arrested trying to go to Pride in LA with weapons and explosives, wtf is going on. Apparently the shooter in Orlando had been angered by 2 men holding hands, so his response was to go and murder 50 people, it's beyond horrific.

Meanwhile in Ukraine, the first Kiev Pride took place today peacefully, but still not without far-right threats of violence which meant a heavy police presence was needed. I get that some people might not like homosexuality and they're entitled to their opinions, but how and why are some so strongly and violently against something that doesn't affect them in any way? It baffles me, I suppose religion is largely to blame :frown:

Just like that Rodgers kid who gunned down several people, "2 gays holding hands" is probably not the motive.

Religion is to blame almost entirely.
Original post by epage
yeah... it was and they were all humans but it DOES matter who the victims were. it shows that there is still homophobia in our society. the perp chose that club because it was the most popular gay club in orlando and because he wanted to kill gay people. thats important. dont erase that

Then, we should also talk about who the perpetrator was- a Muslim. Don't erase that.

Quick Reply