The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Guys for fault, do you have to talk about both criminal and negligence? Or can you just do criminal

You can talk about any... Although my teacher suggested not to do just civil, criminal is fine on its own though
hey guys, can someone give me a bit of advice. the question which asks "consider the view that there is a close relationship between law and morality.Examine the debate as to whether the law should reflect moral values, and discuss issues that show the continuing importance of that debate." should I discuss the issues throughout the essay or just do a big paragraph at the end? Please help!
has everyone started law revision?
Yep xD
Original post by emmapotter392
Yep xD

when did you start? and how much have you covered
I started about 2- 3 weeks ago and Ive done all of it but Im still having difficulties with parts of it especially concepts. Im surprised if you haven't?
I started about 2- 3 weeks ago and Ive done all of it but Im still having difficulties with parts of it especially concepts. Im surprised if you haven't?

I've started recently, but ive done little. Ive got many other exams before law :/ but I have all my notes sorted out so I just need to learn them shouldnt take long to learn them apart from maybe concepts i think.

Gosh, that is more than I have done because I haven't even started yet... I have focused on my Unit 2 resit and then my other exams. Glad you have revised... Good Luck! :smile:
Original post by alexGedgar1
Gosh, that is more than I have done because I haven't even started yet... I have focused on my Unit 2 resit and then my other exams. Glad you have revised... Good Luck! :smile:

when do you plan on revising law? and how long do you reckon unit 3 and 4 would take?
Reply 29
Is Morality very likely to come up this year?
Reply 30
Original post by Jsoun
Is Morality very likely to come up this year?
Yes. Next time read the posts
Reply 31

when do you plan on revising law? and how long do you reckon unit 3 and 4 would take?

You won't need long if you remember the basics. A week should be more than enough time to brush up on the technicals like cases, definitions, quirks, etc. Some though might feel that starting now with just under 2 weeks is suicide. Depends mainly your memory, logic/critique, confidence and ability - in that order. And with countless model answers handed to you on a platter, there shouldn't be much of an excuse to get at least get half marks for the essays.
Original post by Rust Cohle
You won't need long if you remember the basics. A week should be more than enough time to brush up on the technicals like cases, definitions, quirks, etc. Some though might feel that starting now with just under 2 weeks is suicide. Depends mainly your memory, logic/critique, confidence and ability - in that order. And with countless model answers handed to you on a platter, there shouldn't be much of an excuse to get at least get half marks for the essays.

I have a 5 day gap from my last exam to unit 3 law, im probably goign to cover some of unit 4 now, and unit 3 should be manageable in that gap i think

hahaha thank you. I know the stuff its just the technique i have difficulty with. wby? and atleast the unit 2 wasn't that bad or so my friend said
I've started recently, but ive done little. Ive got many other exams before law :/ but I have all my notes sorted out so I just need to learn them shouldnt take long to learn them apart from maybe concepts i think.

yeah i know the feeling haha i had my history exams and yeah the content in my opinion is easy enough its more the technique. Especially with concepts.
Reply 35
I can revise unit 3 fully including all essays in a few days.. Unit 4 I'd need like a week haha.
Reply 36
Anyone else got more exams before the law exams?..
Original post by JPFM
Anyone else got more exams before the law exams?..

Yeah, I have two exams before the law ones

Original post by NHM
I can revise unit 3 fully including all essays in a few days.. Unit 4 I'd need like a week haha.

Have you started revision for law?
Reply 38

Lmao no - I have 3 exams before it :/
Reply 39

So do I, I think i'll be alright for unit 3 but i'm not sure about unit 4

Quick Reply