The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 2016 grade boundary predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GKT
Same here, I need C to get into Uni. I have been counting through the papers we have just had. I think I got about 83/84 for the first one. The calculator one I messed up badly that I think I got 67/68. I hate myself for this mess. I hope the grade boundary doesn't go higher than 144!

do you have the paper?
Original post by Jelly432
ugh wanted an A. But in total i got around 130, so thats a B.

Im gonna say 60% likely to get an A and 40% a very high B! Don't worry about it. I hope it's 130 as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lukey0071
I got 167 marks in the exam
What grade is that?

That's what I got an I am so confused! I hope it's only 165 for an A*! I really want an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Im gonna say 60% likely to get an A and 40% a very high B! Don't worry about it. I hope it's 130 as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanksss.
Reply 344
Original post by travis123
do you have the paper?

No but the first paper was posted in a thread that i didn't follow. The 2nd 1 i counted on a thread entitled foundation mark schem (my answers ) didn't tag it through. I will post the link when I find it.
Original post by travis123
do you have the paper?

Higher or foundation?
If i got roughly around 110-120. What grade do you think that would be?
Original post by Hs-234
If i got roughly around 110-120. What grade do you think that would be?

B grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 348
I counted my marks in three ways (according to Mrkibria's solution file & the youtube video for calculator soultions): Harsh: Medium and Lenient marking.

Harsh - 71/200
Middle - 72/200
Lenient 74/200

Which do you think would be a C grade?

I've linked the solutions that I used here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahe6jmuT2DM (CALC)

http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7/2/6/7/72672823/june_2016_higher_p1_worked_solutions_-_mr_kibria.pdf - NON - CALC
The higher papers are on page 16 of this thread, just letting everybody know.
I think the grade boundaries will be 132 because in my opinion the forst paper was easier than last years but the second papers were about the same and even the first paper the last question was much more harder and the second paper was a lot wordier

Your opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 351
Original post by legend.786
I think the grade boundaries will be 132 because in my opinion the forst paper was easier than last years but the second papers were about the same and even the first paper the last question was much more harder and the second paper was a lot wordier

Your opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not sure but i checked grade boundaries from 2009 and seems within 3 years they keep going down then after 3 years they go up....by how much I don't know. Also am told grade boundaries depend on a lot of factors.
So this uear is it expected to go up or down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 353
Original post by legend.786
So this uear is it expected to go up or down

I don't know. It can go either way. I really hole it goes down. But people are saying this paper was easy. I found it hard
Reply 354
I got around 74/200 ? What grade do you think that might be?
got around 73-75 in one paper and 55-56 in the other paper what grade is that guys?
Original post by Waveyalex
end of year 10 after getting a c in the mocks i made a big turnaround from then onwards and same looking back i feel like was i really that dumb lool

Loooooool a similar thing happend to me I got a D in my mock and i wanted to improve badly.
Original post by DOMAR34
I got around 74/200 ? What grade do you think that might be?

a C
Original post by Johny12345
Loooooool a similar thing happend to me I got a D in my mock and i wanted to improve badly.

What marks you got when using the unofficial mark scheme
Original post by lukey0071
True, but I am amazed how easy the questions were in the 2015 exam and the grade boundaries are so low, I mean for A = 125 marks!!!

That was beyond easy to get an I hope this year they only increase it by 4/7 marks

Quick Reply

Latest