The Student Room Group

When will something be done about these terrorists?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
You've not answered a single question. You're just spouting meaningless rhetoric.

Didn't you hear him?! We do technology and that on them. You should reconsider your negative approach.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 2016_GCSE
What we need to be doing:

Working together as nations:

Why do you think we're not doing this already? What do you base that on?

With recent advancements such as unmanned drones we can deal with the terrorists without loss of life from people which protects military staff fighting against these threats. (We need to produce more drones)

Drones can only do so much. You can't take ground with them. You can't hold ground with them. You need a base nearby to launch them from. They don't do anything on their own.
Redundant phrase, meaningless.

When it comes to dealing with them we need to form an exclusion zone around the area's they operate and stop anything from going in or out of these areas as we have globally enough soldiers to guard these zones.
(Stops direct combat in cities and stops supply's getting in. Starving / Stopping them)
So you advocate starving civilians? That's a war crime. And beyond that, how do you know where they are? And now you're advocating putting troops on the ground? So we're going to need a good 30-40,000 troops per area in order to hold enough ground. So why are we using unmanned drones, clearly you don't have a problem with putting military lives at severe risk.
Another completely unthought through plan that solves nothing.

]Wrong tactics:

Not investing enough in countering terrorism.
How do you know? How much is currently being invested? How is this distinct from other military spending?
Meaningless statement.

Not coming together as nations to combat the problem.
What do you base this on? How do you know?
More words that don't mean anything.

Allowing people to move through Europe from these places.
How do you guarantee that these are civilians? And how do you propose that this works differently to what is already happening?
More empty words.

]If we make these changes as a world terrorism will be ended much sooner.

What changes? You've not actually said anything.

Well done. That was an entire waste of a post.

You simply don't know what you're talking about. Pack it in.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Drewski
Well done. That was an entire waste of a post.

I answered your questions with answers that are 100% feasible.

What more do you want....
Reply 23

And that edit of the quote at the very end, what a weak move on your part.

No, you answered with empty rhetoric that means nothing.
That's categorically not the same thing.

Your answers have no substance, no basis in reality, no chance of working, completely ignore the issues at hand and show that you don't know what you're talking about.

Leave it to the grown ups.
And that edit of the quote at the very end, what a weak move on your part.

No, it's very true.

Take one point of yours: "use drones".

Why? What do they do that manned aircraft can't? What's the advantage? If our technology is so good, why is a drone better than a pilot in a jet that cost more than 10x what the drone did (and can carry 10x the weaponry)?

If you can't answer that, why are your theories on countering terrorism to be taken seriously?
Reply 26
Original post by Drewski
No, you answered with empty rhetoric that means nothing.
That's categorically not the same thing.

Your answers have no substance, no basis in reality, no chance of working, completely ignore the issues at hand and show that you don't know what you're talking about.

Leave it to the grown ups.

Look man, I answered your questions with answers that are linked to the question. and as a example of what I said earlier I think you will find that exclusion zones do work as demonstrated in 1982 in the Falklands war.

With nations coming together something like a large exclusion zone IS possible!

There I just based an idea of a previous fact, you happy now.
Terrorism will always exist, it merely depends on who's doing it.

It's like littering.
Look man, I answered your questions with answers that are linked to the question. and as a example of what I said earlier I think you will find that exclusion zones do work as demonstrated in 1982 in the Falklands war.

With nations coming together something like a large exclusion zone IS possible!

There I just based an idea of a previous fact, you happy now.

A naval exclusion zone is extraordinarily different to one on land. How do you control that amount of land without a colossal deployment of troops putting an enormous number of people at risk?

No, you haven't answered a single question. You're using empty words that don't mean anything. You're acting like a child now because you're getting shown up.

Nothing you've said will work. Nothing you've said would have any effect.

You don't know what currently happens, so you don't know what would work in the future or what was possible in the future.

Your basing everything on the naivety and ignorance of youth.

Ignorance and naivety are hardly the best ingredients, are they?
Reply 29
Original post by Drewski
No, it's very true.

Take one point of yours: "use drones".

Why? What do they do that manned aircraft can't? What's the advantage? If our technology is so good, why is a drone better than a pilot in a jet that cost more than 10x what the drone did (and can carry 10x the weaponry)?

If you can't answer that, why are your theories on countering terrorism to be taken seriously?

Because you fail at inference and deduction I will do you Advantages and Disadvantages in Comic Sans:

Advantages and Disadvantages of drones compared to aircraft:

Advantages:
A shot down drone won't leave a pilot dead.
Drones are cheaper than manned aircraft. (US$6.48 million MQ-9 Reaper drone) ( US$91 million F-35 manned)

Disadvantages:
Drones could lose contact with ground. (Rare)
Drones can be harder to construct.
Original post by M14B
Not allowed to say this

They're the ones doing this.

#religionofpeaceatitagain
#voteTrump
#voteleave
#bombsyria
#bombISIS
Reply 31
Original post by Drewski
A naval exclusion zone is extraordinarily different to one on land. How do you control that amount of land without a colossal deployment of troops putting an enormous number of people at risk?

No, you haven't answered a single question. You're using empty words that don't mean anything. You're acting like a child now because you're getting shown up.

Nothing you've said will work. Nothing you've said would have any effect.

You don't know what currently happens, so you don't know what would work in the future or what was possible in the future.

Your basing everything on the naivety and ignorance of youth.

Ignorance and naivety are hardly the best ingredients, are they?

We would have the people from NATIONS COMING TOGETHER.

Empty words are ones that don't answer a damn thing and this is a answer to that question.

Nothing I said won't work??? (Have you tested what I have said before?) They seem good in theory anyway.

There is no ignorance or naivety in practical thinking.

You seem not to listen to what I say and to keep banging on for things off me that I have all ready told you.
DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE TERRORISTS? Oh no, where will big Uncle Sam get his money from if we do deal with them? And who is to say that maybe some world powers are helping breed these people?

The fact is until the world unite, and im talking about Russia-America-China unification then we should get used to hearing about these about terror attacks in France, UK, Syria, USA, Iraq etc.

Oh wait, we're already used to it...
Because you fail at inference and deduction I will do you Advantages and Disadvantages in Comic Sans:

Advantages and Disadvantages of drones compared to aircraft:

Advantages:
A shot down drone won't leave a pilot dead.
Drones are cheaper than manned aircraft. (US$6.48 million MQ-9 Reaper drone) ( US$91 million F-35 manned)

Disadvantages:
Drones could lose contact with ground. (Rare)
Drones can be harder to construct.

How many aircraft of ours have been shot down by terrorists?

Drones are actually easier to build because you don't need to worry about life support systems. Not to mention the fact they're also a lot cheaper.

We would have the people from NATIONS COMING TOGETHER.

Empty words are ones that don't answer a damn thing and this is a answer to that question.

Nothing I said won't work??? (Have you tested what I have said before?) They seem good in theory anyway.

There is no ignorance or naivety in practical thinking.

You seem not to listen to what I say and to keep banging on for things off me that I have all ready told you.

Yes, I have. I'm a former officer in the RAF. What's your background in the military or counter terrorism?
Reply 34
I doubt they publicly release how many military aircraft have been shot down by terrorists.

Well the drones i were looking at claimed to be harder to construct than conventional aircraft. Some drones could be easier to produce than aircraft I guess.

My background in the military? Does that really matter so much... You can turn on a TV and see what is happening no need to be there. You gradually get the idea of what is happening the more you watch.
I doubt they publicly release how many military aircraft have been shot down by terrorists.

Well the drones i were looking at claimed to be harder to construct than conventional aircraft. Some drones could be easier to produce than aircraft I guess.

My background in the military? Does that really matter so much... You can turn on a TV and see what is happening no need to be there. You gradually get the idea of what is happening the more you watch.

Yes, they do publicly release such numbers.

Of the nearly 4000 allied air strikes that have been conducted over Syria alone (so not counting Iraq missions), not a single British or US aircraft has been shot down. So again, why are drones so important?

Why does it matter? Because it defines your credibility. I have some. You have none.

Claiming watching TV makes you knowledgeable is a joke. Do you think by playing FIFA you'd make a good footballer?
Reply 36
Original post by Drewski
Yes, they do publicly release such numbers.

Of the nearly 4000 allied air strikes that have been conducted over Syria alone (so not counting Iraq missions), not a single British or US aircraft has been shot down. So again, why are drones so important?

Why does it matter? Because it defines your credibility. I have some. You have none.

Claiming watching TV makes you knowledgeable is a joke. Do you think by playing FIFA you'd make a good footballer?

Playing FIFA could give you some knowledge of the names of some football skills and demonstrate how to perform them.

We need drones because,
1) They stop the risk of a pilot been killed
2) They seem cheaper to produce as you said earlier, to carry out the same job.

There you go Credibility reestablished.
Playing FIFA could give you some knowledge of the names of some football skills and demonstrate how to perform them.

We need drones because,
1) They stop the risk of a pilot been killed
2) They seem cheaper to produce as you said earlier, to carry out the same job.

There you go Credibility reestablished.

Ok, so you're going to play FIFA for a bit and then walk on the pitch as the next Messi? Go for it.

They also take longer to get where they're needed because they fly slower.
They can't carry as much weaponry because they're a lot smaller and lighter.
They need to be based closer to the war zone because they can't fly as far. That base needs a few hundred people on it to service and maintain those aircraft, as well as control it, and then you need a few hundred more to defend the base. All will be at risk of retaliation. So that 1 life you've not put at risk is now about a thousand at risk. Does that sound like it makes sense?

Credibility destroyed. Not that it existed in the first place for you.

But that's just one tiny part of your argument. Shall we go into how the rest is utter crap?

Let's go for the union of countries. You're suggesting this as if you don't think it already happens.
You think this doesn't happen at all? Why? Do you know what connections there currently are? Do you know which nations are involved in anti terrorism?

How about the fact you think you can just throw money at the problem? How does that work? Where's it being directed to?

How about the fact you think we'll just 'know where the terrorists are'? How do you work this one out? Why do you think this?

You have no knowledge of the issues we face.
You have no idea how these issues are currently being faced.
You have no idea how the current approach might be improved, or what could be put in to help.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Your rep whoring attempt hasn't worked.
Go back to your revision.
Reply 38
Original post by Drewski
Ok, so you're going to play FIFA for a bit and then walk on the pitch as the next Messi? Go for it.

They also take longer to get where they're needed because they fly slower.
They can't carry as much weaponry because they're a lot smaller and lighter.
They need to be based closer to the war zone because they can't fly as far. That base needs a few hundred people on it to service and maintain those aircraft, as well as control it, and then you need a few hundred more to defend the base. All will be at risk of retaliation. So that 1 life you've not put at risk is now about a thousand at risk. Does that sound like it makes sense?

Credibility destroyed. Not that it existed in the first place for you.

But that's just one tiny part of your argument. Shall we go into how the rest is utter crap?

Let's go for the union of countries. You're suggesting this as if you don't think it already happens.
You think this doesn't happen at all? Why? Do you know what connections there currently are? Do you know which nations are involved in anti terrorism?

How about the fact you think you can just throw money at the problem? How does that work? Where's it being directed to?

How about the fact you think we'll just 'know where the terrorists are'? How do you work this one out? Why do you think this?

You have no knowledge of the issues we face.
You have no idea how these issues are currently being faced.
You have no idea how the current approach might be improved, or what could be put in to help.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Your rep whoring attempt hasn't worked.
Go back to your revision.

Drones may be slower but they do the job cheaply and effectively.

They can't carry as much weaponry, true but if you can buy 2 drones at the same price of a Fighter then that is not a fair comparison.

There is bases in these areas close by and we have the people.....

There won't be a 1000 lives at risk for 1 because the bases won't be right on the same field as the fighting.

If China helped with there large army then that alone could really boost support against terrorism.

The money will be spent on keeping bases stocked with supply's and drones and other weapons.

We know the areas they operate so we just surround the area using a exclusion zone and keep them in there until they starve and then we go on in.

Credibility is back.

i expect Mr Trump will sort things out.

Quick Reply