The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Would you force a Muslim to eat pork??? No! Then why do you force them to accept something that they believe is sinful?? I'm not saying that the attacks are justified but it is not only gay people being killed but EVERYONE!! There are targeting Western culture, every aspect of it...

I understand that everyone should be treated as a human being, as a Christian, I don't look down on gay people... I love them with the love of God and help them as anyone else, but if you were to ask me about my belief.. it's between me and God. You all want your rights and freedom of speech, well so do the people that don't agree with you.
Original post by Hydeman
Whataboutery. One atrocity does not justify/lessen another.

Never did I imply that. Infact if anything, everyone else is implying that. They are all crying about 50 people dying in America, and describing it the largest massacre in recent times

In those third world countries you get this stuff every day, on a larger scale
Original post by Fight Me
Never did I imply that. Infact if anything, everyone else is implying that. They are all crying about 50 people dying in America, and describing it the largest massacre in recent times

So what is your point?

We are supposed to ignore the largest mass shooting on US soil because a bomb blew of in Syria for the 5th time this week?
Original post by Listers
So what is your point?

We are supposed to ignore the largest mass shooting on US soil because a bomb blew of in Syria for the 5th time this week?

If you acknowledge US, you should acknowledge syria in a proportionate amount
Original post by ShaminiPamini
Would you force a Muslim to eat pork??? No! Then why do you force them to accept something that they believe is sinful?? I'm not saying that the attacks are justified but it is not only gay people being killed but EVERYONE!! There are targeting Western culture, every aspect of it...

I understand that everyone should be treated as a human being, as a Christian, I don't look down on gay people... I love them with the love of God and help them as anyone else, but if you were to ask me about my belief.. it's between me and God. You all want your rights and freedom of speech, well so do the people that don't agree with you.

Being forced to eat pork is a direct action against a person's freedom. No one's freedom is impinged by two adults having a consensual relationship. Muslims can believe what they want but they must respect that LGBT rights are a settled issue in the law, and could at least be expected to try to understand why that is the case.
Original post by champ_mc99
Quick question: Would you say your explanations in Islam being able to accept homosexuality is also in agreement with the classical tafseers including Ibn Kathir?

Ofcourse not. Honestly bro, here's some advice - get off TSR and go learn your religion. If you're asking questions like this and think you know Islam to some extent, there's a serious problem.
Original post by Stormz1
And there is a reason why muslims consider conducting homosexual acts wrong. Just because it isn't in surah nisa dosent mean it isnt in the Quran-
And [We had sent] Lot when he said to his people, "Do you commit such immorality as no one has preceded you with from among the worlds?(80)Indeed, you approach men with desire, instead of women. Rather, you are a transgressing people."(81) Al-Araf 80-81

i dont understand the reason behind your first point.

Sure, you can take a verse out of context. But when you take this verse into context with the other verses of the story of Lut, it is quite clear that there is more to the story.

The story of Lut is contained over many different verses in different chapters. You cannot read that verse alone without the others verses which provide some context. When you read 29:28-29 (highlighted in blue below), you can see that what is happening is not consensual. Any relationship, whether heterosexual or homosexual needs to be consensual. If you obstruct someone's way, you are preventing them from going where they want to. If someone is forcefully stopped on the road, and prevented from going where they want to, do you imagine that any sexual activities that take place thereafter would be consensual?

And [mention] Lot, when he said to his people, "Indeed, you commit such immorality as no one has preceded you with from among the worlds. Indeed, you approach men and obstruct the road and commit in your meetings [every] evil."

I think when you read all the verses on Lut, a different picture builds up. Here is my interpretation of those verses:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4052083&page=8&p=64507571#post64507571
(edited 7 years ago)
If you acknowledge US, you should acknowledge syria in a proportionate amount

Yes they are both Humans dying but you fail to realise that we are in the west, the shooting in the west would obviously be reported more than a bomb going on in the Middle east, same way a bomb in the Middle east would get more coverage than a bomb in America.

It's just common sense, but based on multiple posts today, liberals seem to lack that in abundance.
Original post by Hydeman
Whataboutery. One atrocity does not justify/lessen another.

My point here is that this is double standards/ unfair representation. Why not try get hindsight and the general image as to whats happening around the world.

Read your posts again. You implied exactly that (and have done so again). Any variant of 'oh, but what about [other atrocity]?' is whataboutery.

Everyone knows that people die unnecessarily in many third world countries; there's no conceivable purpose for mentioning that here other than to try to imply that people are wrong to care about this because it happens more frequently/with more casualties in other countries.
Original post by inhuman
It's so easy to kill people if you believe it's God will though...

Islam is to blame. It is an ideology that on a worldwide basis promotes violence and discrimination. It is to blame because it does nothing to change the views of its followers.

Yes, many western Muslims might think it's all good because they grew up here and mostly follow our culture, but they are completely ignorant of how most Muslims in the world see gays and women and infidel.

Im not Muslim
But your missing my point
This may have been religiously motivated, may have been a hate crime...whatever
The point is too many mass shooting happen in America...and most of them are committed by 'loner' Caucasian men...who take their hate on the world through their easy access to guns.
Nothing will change unless their or guns laws do.
Original post by Listers
Yes they are both Humans dying but you fail to realise that we are in the west, the shooting in the west would obviously be reported more than a bomb going on in the Middle east, same way a bomb in the Middle east would get more coverage than a bomb in America.

It's just common sense, but based on multiple posts today, liberals seem to lack that in abundance.

LMAO wtf?!?

If there was a bomb in america of the same magnitude of a bomb in the middle east, the world would erupt.
Every country would show solidarity, light up their monuments in american colours, talk about the war on 'terrorism'. Then you will get more right wing people talking about how they want to kill muslims and the next donald trump saying he wants to ban all mid easterns from USA

Im not saying showing solidarity is bad, but why do they not show solidarity to those in the middle east?
Reply 232
Original post by inhuman
It's so easy to kill people if you believe it's God will though...

Islam is to blame. It is an ideology that on a worldwide basis promotes violence and discrimination. It is to blame because it does nothing to change the views of its followers.

Yes, many western Muslims might think it's all good because they grew up here and mostly follow our culture, but they are completely ignorant of how most Muslims in the world see gays and women and infidel.

It's a bit rash to say the entire religion is to blame. People interpret things the way they want to, whatever religion it is. Christianity also shows that homosexuality is wrong and there are some dated views in the Bible aswell, but its a minority who choose to run with that and commit terrible acts eg. the KKK. Islam is a peaceful religion its just a shame that many of the leaders in Islamic communities have dated views and are very orthodox, however this does not represent the average, everyday Muslim.
Original post by Hydeman
Read your posts again. You implied exactly that (and have done so again). Any variant of 'oh, but what about [other atrocity]?' is whataboutery.

Everyone knows that people die unnecessarily in many third world countries; there's no conceivable purpose for mentioning that here other than to try to imply that people are wrong to care about this because it happens more frequently/with more casualties in other countries.

You see what you want to see.

From your perception I appear to be doing 'whatabooutery'. Infact, whats wrong with it? I strongly condemn the killing of any innocent lives, but the media is a joke. The people that are subdued to media propaganda are a bigger joke.
Original post by Unkempt_One
Being forced to eat pork is a direct action against a person's freedom. No one's freedom is impinged by two adults having a consensual relationship. Muslims can believe what they want but they must respect that LGBT rights are a settled issue in the law, and could at least be expected to try to understand why that is the case.

Sure they should understand it, but they are not required to accept it ...

Some people are against certain laws and they are not condemned for standing against those laws and refusing to comply peacefully (with just cause).. the just cause being that it is their belief and religion.
LMAO wtf?!?

If there was a bomb in america of the same magnitude of a bomb in the middle east, the world would erupt.
Every country would show solidarity, light up their monuments in american colours, talk about the war on 'terrorism'. Then you will get more right wing people talking about how they want to kill muslims and the next donald trump saying he wants to ban all mid easterns from USA

Im not saying showing solidarity is bad, but why do they not show solidarity to those in the middle east?

That's all a lie, you do not know what you're talking about.

"Every country would show solidarity, light up their monuments in american colours"

Yes, I'm sure Russia, Iraq, Cuba, Venezuela, Vietnam and China would really change their monuments to the America flag. Just like their current leaders have talked about the mass shootings today right?

I've already told you why people do not show as much solidarity to the Middle east.

People have lives, a bomb goes of in Syria every other day, we can't just keep on changing our monuments to the syrian flag every wednesday cause another bomb went off in war torn syria
Original post by AMuslimGuy
As a muslim i will say that our community needs to address the homophobia that plagues our mindset. Its the islamic extremists that are crazy enough to carry out these mad acts but its our moderate conservative majority that actually believe its okay to kill someone because theyre gay. There will be many families breaking their fasts together today and at the same time talking about just how these people deserved to be killed because theyre gay. Our communities have to change. This cant go on.

This. So much respect for this comment.
Original post by BaconandSauce
The religion of peace (TM)

A sad day

My thoughts are with the victims and their families

Standard protocol
Original post by Listers
That's all a lie, you do not know what you're talking about.

"Every country would show solidarity, light up their monuments in american colours"

Yes, I'm sure Russia, Iraq, Cuba, Venezuela, Vietnam and China would really change their monuments to the America flag. Just like their current leaders have talked about the mass shootings today right?

I've already told you why people do not show as much solidarity to the Middle east.

People have lives, a bomb goes of in Syria every other day, we can't just keep on changing our monuments to the syrian flag every wednesday cause another bomb went off in war torn syria

You know what I mean, stop giving it 10. All of the allies that are licking america ass will start crying
You don't have to, you could intervene and stop the war taking place
Original post by ShaminiPamini
but they are not required to accept it ...

Yes they are if they also want to be tolerated.

Quick Reply

Latest