The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
"The gunman, identified as Omar Mateen, a U.S. citizen, called 911 shortly before the attacks and pledged allegiance to ISIS, officials said. "

It wasn't the Buddhists. Damn.
Reply 241
Original post by Abdifarah
It is the media that portray Islam in a negative way . When a christian commited the norway massacre i dont remember the media mentioning he was a christian even once but if it was the other way round we all know what would have happened.
First, he clsims that he isn't really religious.
Second, his motive and agenda was xenophobic white supremacy, not Christian theocracy.

Finally, is there a positive way that the media can portray the 7/7 bombings, or Charlie Hebdo, or that Paris attacks of this latest atrocity? Should they avoid telling us all the facts, just in case it offends others who subscribe to the same ideology as the perpetrators?
Original post by epage
If he was christian, or catholic, or hindu, or buddhist would you be calling him an extremist? No, if he was a white christian, he would just be labelled homophobe.

If a Christian committed the attack with a clear religious agenda then he would rightly be labelled as a religious extremist, like those who bomb abortion clinics. Stop with this absurd victim mentality and deal with the fact that some Muslims commit atrocious acts because of Islam.
Original post by QE2
First, he clsims that he isn't really religious.
Second, his motive and agenda was xenophobic white supremacy, not Christian theocracy.

Finally, is there a positive way that the media can portray the 7/7 bombings, or Charlie Hebdo, or that Paris attacks of this latest atrocity? Should they avoid telling us all the facts, just in case it offends others who subscribe to the same ideology as the perpetrators?

So what do you want done
Original post by Josb
"The gunman, identified as Omar Mateen, a U.S. citizen, called 911 shortly before the attacks and pledged allegiance to ISIS, officials said. "

Oh my, I thought it would be taoists doing this. I would never have thought that it was a Muslim. Isn't that the religion of peace
Original post by Josb

Curses, surely this is a Mossad set-up?
Original post by Fight Me
You see what you want to see.

From your perception I appear to be doing 'whatabooutery'.

The word has a meaning, and the content of your previous posts satisfies that meaning. In the absence of an explanation as to why that'd not the case, you're more than welcome to dismiss it as a mere 'perception' to make yourself feel better.

Infact, whats wrong with it? I strongly condemn the killing of any innocent lives,

There's a difference between what you're doing, namely attempting to belittle the outrage over this by implying that a worse atrocity somewhere else in the world makes it ludicrous to care about this, and condemning civilian deaths, which most people on this thread do anyway.

but the media is a joke. The people that are subdued to media propaganda are a bigger joke.

This has nothing to do with what's being discussed.
In any case, I've said all I had to say to you and it doesn't seem that you're able to admit to a mistake, so I won't be replying to you again.
Reply 247
Original post by cashcash871
Oh my, I thought it would be taoists doing this. I would never have thought that it was a Muslim. Isn't that the religion of peace

Nah, he is not a real Muslim. A real Muslim wouldn't hurt a fly.
Reply 248
Oh so people are worrying about these f*cked up terrorists blowing up gay clubs, but no one give a sh*t about governments blowing up innocent people in third world countries!?
People are allowed to give a **** about what they want to. Whataboutery is never a good argument.

It simply isn't natural for everybody to be affected to the same degree by every event around the world. We react more to things that we relate to, than we do to stuff happening to strangers on the other side of the world.

I'll be honest, I was probably more affected by the death of my dog that I was by yet another suicide bomb in the ME. That's just the way we are.
Original post by Hydeman
The word has a meaning, and the content of your previous posts satisfies that meaning. In the absence of an explanation as to why that'd not the case, you're more than welcome to dismiss it as a mere 'perception' to make yourself feel better.

There's a difference between what you're doing, namely attempting to belittle the outrage over this by implying that a worse atrocity somewhere else in the world makes it ludicrous to care about this, and condemning civilian deaths, which most people on this thread do anyway.

This has nothing to do with what's being discussed.
In any case, I've said all I had to say to you and it doesn't seem that you're able to admit to a mistake, so I won't be replying to you again.

I am in no ways belittling the civilian deaths, but rather disgusted that people value western lives more than middle eastern lives. Its very ironic and not humane.
Sure there is outrage, why wouldn't there be? But why is this outrage directed at 'Muslims' now?
Reply 250
Original post by AMuslimGuy
As a muslim i will say that our community needs to address the homophobia that plagues our mindset. Its the islamic extremists that are crazy enough to carry out these mad acts but its our moderate conservative majority that actually believe its okay to kill someone because theyre gay. There will be many families breaking their fasts together today and at the same time talking about just how these people deserved to be killed because theyre gay. Our communities have to change. This cant go on.

This. Finally a Muslim who got it. Saying that terrorists are not real Muslim is not enough. There must be a Reformation in Islam, which will condemn Wahhabism.
Original post by QE2
People are allowed to give a **** about what they want to. Whataboutery is never a good argument.

It simply isn't natural for everybody to be affected to the same degree by every event around the world. We react more to things that we relate to, than we do to stuff happening to strangers on the other side of the world.

I'll be honest, I was probably more affected by the death of my dog that I was by yet another suicide bomb in the ME. That's just the way we are.

Lol k :K:

I am giving a sh*t about innocent lives being lost in all contexts, yet apparently I am being targeted for not feeling more hurt towards the loss of western lives
I am in no ways belittling the civilian deaths, but rather disgusted that people value western lives more than middle eastern lives. Its very ironic and not humane.
Sure there is outrage, why wouldn't there be? But why is this outrage directed at 'Muslims' now?

Isn't it more a case that people cannot help caring more about a country who share similar culture, beliefs and language? Rather than not giving a toss about people in the middle east?

I doubt in the middle east the 50 people who died are the talk of their social media streams or on their media sites but if 50 people were killed in Iraq it would be because of a shared culture and closeness. I don't think it's that strange or terrible that people in the Middle East are more exposed to deaths there than here and vice versa.
Original post by ShaminiPamini
22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 18 says this ^ Another translation of this verse is:
''It is disgusting for a man to have sex with another man.''

How are you going to work your way around this verse?

Read my further replies to Thutmose, I never denied that homosexual acts were condemned in the Bible, just that to use the story of Sodom and Gomorrah to condemn it is inaccurate, from the Book of Ezekiel (also OT)

http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/16-49.htm
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
If a Christian committed the attack with a clear religious agenda then he would rightly be labelled as a religious extremist, like those who bomb abortion clinics. Stop with this absurd victim mentality and deal with the fact that some Muslims commit atrocious acts because of Islam.

It wouldn't be. There are cases in the news where a man has opened fire on some place and he isn't called a 'terrorist', yet if this was a Muslim man opening fire on ANYWHERE, it would be immediately called terrorism, namely the cinema shootings done by James Holmes (I'll agree that his goals may not have been 'clearly religious' but then again Muslims are automatically thought to have religious aims when doing these acts when it could be anything else, who knows the inner workings of a 'terrorists' head). And the reason why 'some Muslims' commit these 'atrocious' acts is sometimes because of the way the West has treated them, not always because of Islam.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
This. Finally a Muslim who got it. Saying that terrorists are not real Muslim is not enough. There must be a Reformation in Islam, which will condemn Wahhabism.

The irony being that Wahhabism was itself a reformation of a kind (though Wahhabis would probably call it a restoration/purification).
Original post by 99_Problems
Isn't it more a case that people cannot help caring more about a country who share similar culture, beliefs and language? Rather than not giving a toss about people in the middle east?

I doubt in the middle east the 50 people who died are the talk of their social media streams or on their media sites but if 50 people were killed in Iraq it would be because of a shared culture and closeness. I don't think it's that strange or terrible that people in the Middle East are more exposed to deaths there than here and vice versa.

They do not have the opportunity and access to the freedom of information we do.

Fundamentally it is wrong to value one human loss over another. We should all be given mutual respect.
Reply 257
Original post by Stormz1
Hadiths arent authentic when they contradict with the Qur'an. The 2 you mentioned clearly do as it is stated in the Quran that if one kills another then he has killed the whole of humanity.
Either you are not familiar with the Quran, or you are being deliberately dishonest.

5:32 states that "if anyone kills a soul, other than as a punishment for murder or fasad, it is as if..."

Fasad ("mischief") covers a wide range of offences, but includes "disobeying/rejecting god's law".

The next verse (5:33), clearly states that the punishment for those 'waging war on Allah and his messenger', and for fasad, is death.

So we can see that the Quran explicitly permits the killing of people who have transgressed against Islamic law. So any hadith that calls for the death of prople transgressing Islamic law is not contradicting the Quran.

Hope this has helped.
Original post by Josb
Nah, he is not a real Muslim. A real Muslim wouldn't hurt a fly.

No. They would only dip their wings in their food to get the cure
Original post by inhuman
#notoneofus #notatruemuslim #religionofpeace

#uaintnomuslimbruv

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending