The Student Room Group

Orlando shooter was a Muslim, supported ISIS

https://www.rt.com/usa/346364-orlando-club-shooter-terrorism/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pulse-nightclub-shooting-orlando/

If you watched BbC News today, you'd have thought this was just a shooting, a hate crime, not motivated by Islam at all and something which has only happened because of gun laws.

Well, that's not entirely true. There is so much evidence that the shooter had links to radical Islamic ideology and that he was a Muslim. ISIS supporters have praised the attack and, three days before the attack, urged Muslims to attack their enemies during the Ramadan period.

There's no use covering up this issue. The attack was Islamic terrorism.

Scroll to see replies

Wow, rude. Prepare to be banned.
Reply 2
As epicurean stated:

"The BBC has stated:
There are "suggestions" the gunman had "leanings towards" radical Islamist ideology, the FBI sayshttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-36510172

Homophobia within the Muslim community is something that needs to be challenged.

The fact is that there is room for acceptance of homosexuality within Islam. There is no verse within the Quran which explicitly condemns homosexuality. I think in light of this event (which sources appear to point towards Islamic extremism), more needs to be done within the Muslim community to tackle the issue of homophobia and serious discussions need to take place over Islamic interpretations in regards to sexuality"

The way you have phrased this thread is wrong
Reply 3
Original post by Unkempt_One
Wow, rude. Prepare to be banned.

Why? I am not saying anything other than the facts. A fact is never offensive.
Original post by Ladbants
Why? I am not saying anything other than the facts. A fact is never offensive.

I'm being facetious.
we've already got a thread on this, lets not clog the forum with this mess
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a false flag attack
Original post by Cpj16
As epicurean stated:

"The BBC has stated:
There are "suggestions" the gunman had "leanings towards" radical Islamist ideology, the FBI sayshttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-36510172

Homophobia within the Muslim community is something that needs to be challenged.

The fact is that there is room for acceptance of homosexuality within Islam. There is no verse within the Quran which explicitly condemns homosexuality. I think in light of this event (which sources appear to point towards Islamic extremism), more needs to be done within the Muslim community to tackle the issue of homophobia and serious discussions need to take place over Islamic interpretations in regards to sexuality"

The way you have phrased this thread is wrong

Don't just look at the BBC.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/06/12/orlando-nightclub-shooting-about-20-dead-in-domestic-terror-incident-at-gay-club/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.5d2b98a0d05f

" The gunman who opened fire inside a crowded nightclub here early Sunday morning, launching a rampage that killed 50 people and injured 53 others in the deadliest shooting spree in the country’s history, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State before the attack, according to U.S. law enforcement officials."

The BBC might not have added this yet because they are still trying to completely verify the information. They tend to be extremely cautious about this kind of thing.
Original post by Ladbants
https://www.rt.com/usa/346364-orlando-club-shooter-terrorism/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pulse-nightclub-shooting-orlando/

If you watched BbC News today, you'd have thought this was just a shooting, a hate crime, not motivated by Islam at all and something which has only happened because of gun laws.

Well, that's not entirely true. There is so much evidence that the shooter had links to radical Islamic ideology and that he was a Muslim. ISIS supporters have praised the attack and, three days before the attack, urged Muslims to attack their enemies during the Ramadan period.

You seem to know more than the authorities. They are still investigating, its normal to wait for the investigation to complete until you reach a decision.

Sources have confirmed to CBS News that authorities are investigating whether the suspect, who has been named as Omar Mateen, had ties to Islamic terrorism.

Muslim doesn't automatically = killer.
Investiagting, doesnt mean have decided or proved.
Praise by ISIS supporters doesnt mean he had a link to them.

Why not just wait for the investigation to complete?
Original post by TrueDetective01
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a false flag attack

conspiracy theorism, then? there are so many islamist attacks like this going on yet you really think this was a conspiracy?
Reply 10
[QUOTE=

No, the attack was a terrorist attack influenced by false readings and interpretations of Islamic texts and teachings.
Original post by sleepysnooze
conspiracy theorism, then? there are so many islamist attacks like this going on yet you really think this was a conspiracy?

And you see, this is going to cause more infighting between the 2 sides whilst the establishment will run amok. Don't you see how distracting that can get?
And you see, this is going to cause more infighting between the 2 sides whilst the establishment will run amok. Don't you see how distracting that can get?

so you don't believe in simply convenient coincidences?
do you think 7/7, the madrid bombings, the cologne islamic rapes, the rotherham rape gangs, the bostom bombings, lee rigby's murder, 9/11 etc were *all* false flag operations from their respective governments, then?
Btw either he was or he wasnt a muslim, it was or wasnt a terrorist attack linked to ISIS. I really think it makes more sense to just wait and see instead of getting all excited.

What difference does it make OP, whether it was an isis attack or not? Do you wnat more military action against ISIS?
so you don't believe in simply convenient coincidences?
do you think 7/7, the madrid bombings, the cologne islamic rapes, the rotherham rape gangs, the bostom bombings, lee rigby's murder, 9/11 etc were *all* false flag operations from their respective governments, then?

The government knew about the attackers yet those attacks still happened? Are you that naive thinking the government serves the general public?. Fear is a powerful weapon, you know.
The government knew about the attackers yet those attacks still happened? Are you that naive thinking the government serves the general public?. Fear is a powerful weapon, you know.

I'm sorry but this is simply ridiculous. why on earth would all these governments collectively conspire and go through all this pointless effort for such an arbitrary goal? how can you reach this conclusion without thinking each and every one of these governments is willing to have its own people slaughtered simply to portray islam as bad? which national leader of these countries has even tried portraying all muslims as terrorists (or similar) for instance? you think george bush or david cameron are saying that "islam is a religion of peace"~ is an attempt at reverse psychology? :|
Reply 16
Let me save you Anti-Islam people the energy. Here goes...

Islam is bad, very bad. Women have no rights, Muslims hate and kill everyone and everything, they fast and pray and have beards (Western definition of a terrorist),they all are bad. VERY bad! Bad, bad Islam.

To those people who support Muslims, you're terrorists too. Bad you. Muslims are bad! lol😂
I'm sorry but this is simply ridiculous. why on earth would all these governments collectively conspire and go through all this pointless effort for such an arbitrary goal? how can you reach this conclusion without thinking each and every one of these governments is willing to have its own people slaughtered simply to portray islam as bad? which national leader of these countries has even tried portraying all muslims as terrorists (or similar) for instance? you think george bush or david cameron are saying that "islam is a religion of peace"~ is an attempt at reverse psychology? :|

A sociopath (or in this case, a group of sociopaths) would stop at nothing to gain more power. Again, you are very naive for thinking your government actually serves you.
Reply 18
An Islamic terrorist?

You're having a laugh
Reply 19

Well, 9/11 was definitely a cover up. Look at the testimony of witnesses, firefighters who were their. The 9/11 commission was also bs.

As for your question, why would he US lie about the Gulf of Tonkin incident? Oil, power, money, land etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending