The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
Its the same system, people care more about their countrymen than people from other countries.

You seem triggered.

I honestly don't even understand them, Muslims thinking that the world revolves around them and everyone should conform to their backward ideology LOL
I wouldn't be so quick to label them 'Islamic' extremists. Its the month of Ramadan and all Muslims are supposed to be peaceful and avoid any conflict with anyone. Also, killing is banned in the Quran and there Muslims are taught to be tolerant to others no matter their differences so I don't think people who do these acts can be given the title of being 'Islamic' or 'Muslims' when their actions have nothing to do with Islam
Its the same system, people care more about their countrymen than people from other countries.

You seem triggered.

If you read my comment, I said that by your logic you care more about a French person dying than an Afghan. Unless you live in France, French people are not your countrymen. I'm actually wasting precious energy and time replying to you so I won't be doing it anymore. You go on with your ignorant valuation of human lives.
Original post by -Anonymous_Girl
If you read my comment, I said that by your logic you care more about a French person dying than an Afghan. Unless you live in France, French people are not your countrymen. I'm actually wasting precious energy and time replying to you so I won't be doing it anymore. You go on with your ignorant valuation of human lives.

I shall make this more clear for you, as you are not able to comprehend how the world works, this is the general order:

Family
Friends
Colleagues / acquaintances
Local people
Regional people
Same country
Same culture
Similar culture
People with cultural links
Innocent non-linked cultures
Others

Is that easy enough for you? Feel free to print this and read it at your local safe space.
Original post by Listers
I honestly don't even understand them, Muslims thinking that the world revolves around them and everyone should conform to their backward ideology LOL

You talk about Muslims like they are zoo animals that need to be understood. Muslims don't think that the world revolves around them, they are in front of everyone in the news and that is not their fault because Sky News needs a good story that will attract people to them.
Original post by Slimewizard
no evidence as yet that the gunman was muslim

Oh right, with a name like Omar Mateen and it being reported he was an Islamist and known to the FBI... but definitely no evidence he was a Muslim. Keep telling yourself that, terrorist sympathiser

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/12/omar-mateen-orlando-nightclub-attack-shooter-named
I shall make this more clear for you, as you are not able to comprehend how the world works, this is the general order:

Family
Friends
Colleagues / acquaintances
Local people
Regional people
Same country
Same culture
Similar culture
People with cultural links
Innocent non-linked cultures
Others

Is that easy enough for you? Feel free to print this and read it at your local safe space.

Maybe for you. Like I said, keep doing your ignorant valuation of human lives. Don't really know why you keep replying not answering what I've pointed out but making the same remarks. Good day to you, or actually maybe not.
You talk about Muslims like they are zoo animals that need to be understood. Muslims don't think that the world revolves around them

I'm sorry but they clearly do think the world revolves around them, given they claim they are the only group on earth which has a real connection to a deity and they claim that their beliefs are the only valid ones.

they are in front of everyone in the news and that is not their fault because Sky News needs a good story that will attract people to them.

Right. It's all Sky News' fault that Muslims keep ****ing shooting and blowing people up. Seriously **** off, no-one wants to hear your terror apologism today
Original post by Chakede
white non muslims did this years ago in the west - remember that scumbag david copeland in london?

His like and other Combat 18-type scum bags have been rightly ostracised by our society. As a collective we did this because we recognise that these people are a cancer and the only way to beat cancer is to fight it. So basically the opposite to what Muslim communities as a whole have done with extremist Islamists. Quite frankly you're more likely to be a pariah among these communities by joining the British Army than you are associating yourself with ISIS or Al Shabab.

People like Maajid Nawaz and the Quilliam Foundation are more widely despised by mainstream "moderate" Muslims than people like Moazzam Begg and the poisonous creatures in CAGE. Think about that.............
Original post by Khaoula A
I wouldn't be so quick to label them 'Islamic' extremists. Its the month of Ramadan and all Muslims are supposed to be peaceful and avoid any conflict with anyone. Also, killing is banned in the Quran and there Muslims are taught to be tolerant to others no matter their differences so I don't think people who do these acts can be given the title of being 'Islamic' or 'Muslims' when their actions have nothing to do with Islam

No True Scotsman fallacy. Just because things are forbidden in Islam doesn't mean Muslims don't commit sins. Indeed, it is generally accepted that ALL Muslims sin. And nowhere in Islamic scripture does it state that killing stops you from being a Muslim.
You talk about Muslims like they are zoo animals that need to be understood. Muslims don't think that the world revolves around them, they are in front of everyone in the news and that is not their fault because Sky News needs a good story that will attract people to them.

So whose fault is it?

Israel?

Theodore Hertzl?

America?

Mossad?

Alexander graham bell?

Miley cyrus?
We live in a world where Christianity is demonized over cake and Islam is defended despite 50 dead at a gay club. Amazing
Original post by JohnGreek
Because I'm allowed to voice my contempt for your silly stories in any civil way pleases me. It's funny because the whole "disrespect" thing is something that all religious followers fall into the trap of saying - there's no reason why I should have any degree of respect for people who blindly follow antiquated faiths, or indeed for those religions themselves. This applies itself to Christianity in exactly the same way that it applies itself to all other faiths. If I disagree with something you believe in, your feelings are frankly the least of my concerns. Sorry if that comes across as rude, but it's the sad and honest truth.

Edit: TSR stopping me from hurting other users' feelings, as usual. Lovely.

I've gotten 2 yellow cards today.
Original post by Thutmose-III
I'm sorry but they clearly do think the world revolves around them, given they claim they are the only group on earth which has a real connection to a deity and they claim that their beliefs are the only valid ones.

Right. It's all Sky News' fault that Muslims keep ****ing shooting and blowing people up. Seriously **** off, no-one wants to hear your terror apologism today

I was actually debating with myself for some while whether or not I should reply to some of your previous deluded remarks but decided to hold my tongue. A person who thinks like that doesn't deserve a reply, I convinced myself. But seen as you've just decided to slot yourself into a conversation with me, here it is:

1. Of course they think that their God is the true God, if they went around saying that everyone's God was real, what religion would you be following? Islam..or Buddhism?
2. I didn't say it was Sky News' fault, I said that news corporations such as Sky News put Muslims into the spotlight, in reply to a remark made by someone else about how they seem to think that Muslims (quite a broad term seeing as there are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, which Muslims he was on about I don't know) think the world revolves around them when we've made the world revolve around them in actual fact.

Honestly though, I've never met a person with delusions that bad that they can post half the things you've said. I will not be answering you and your Muslim-hating a** again.

Honestly though, I've never met a person with delusions that bad that they can post half the things you've said. I will not be answering you and your Muslim-hating a** again.

Calm down, dear. You're becoming hysterical.

I have never seen you on this website before ten minutes ago. It sounds like your fevered, emotional hallucinations viz. my posts aren't far off the lunacy of your paranoia that Sky News can be blamed in part for causing terrorism.
Reply 315
Gunman Claiming Allegiance to ISIS Kills 50 at Orlando Nightclub

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/13/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting.html

Where are those who said that he wasn't Muslim, nobody knows yet, etc.?
Original post by Listers
So whose fault is it?

Israel?

Theodore Hertzl?

America?

Mossad?

Alexander graham bell?

Miley cyrus?

I think you and I have different ideas of who a Muslim actually is. The Muslim I'm thinking about is not to blame for the fact that their religion is constantly being thrown into spotlight through NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN. Next time, could you be a little more specific than 'Muslims' as there are about 1.6 Muslims in the world and one might feel a little confused as to who exactly you are referring to.
Original post by KimKallstrom
His like and other Combat 18-type scum bags have been rightly ostracised by our society. As a collective we did this because we recognise that these people are a cancer and the only way to beat cancer is to fight it. So basically the opposite to what Muslim communities as a whole have done with extremist Islamists. Quite frankly you're more likely to be a pariah among these communities by joining the British Army than you are associating yourself with ISIS or Al Shabab.

People like Maajid Nawaz and the Quilliam Foundation are more widely despised by mainstream "moderate" Muslims than people like Moazzam Begg and the poisonous creatures in CAGE. Think about that.............

Though it's more difficult to ostracise Islamists and their ideologies, ironically due to free speech. When Anjem and his guys preach "We want Sharia", they're not breaking any laws so it is pretty difficult to stop Islamist agendas from radicalising the youngsters. Not saying ban free speech but just pointing out how it does come with its disadvantages.

Regarding Maajid... I'm not really sure about how legitimate his foundation really is after Tommy Robinson came out and tried to expose him and whatnot, despite the fact I agree with his plans to tackle radicalisation.
Original post by Thutmose-III

Seriously? Thats your argument? Islam is not the only group on earth that claim to be connected to a deity and every religion goes to extreme links to prove it its just not reported as often.

Sky News can easily talk about the other things that have happened in the world that are more frequent than Islamic Terrorist crimes.

Every single day in Palestine there are thousands and thousands of men, women and children killed by Jews for the same reason as the crimes that Isis portray; they are different religions. But as long as the offender is not Muslim the crime as written off as anything but a terrorist offence
I think you and I have different ideas of who a Muslim actually is. The Muslim I'm thinking about is not to blame for the fact that their religion is constantly being thrown into spotlight through NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN. Next time, could you be a little more specific than 'Muslims' as there are about 1.6 Muslims in the world and one might feel a little confused as to who exactly you are referring to.

Stop beating around the bush and answer my question, I've had enough left wing dribble already today.

If you won't blame Islam or Muslims or the ISLAMIC state for what happened today, who then do you blame for this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending