The Student Room Group

When will something be done about these terrorists?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2016_GCSE
Drones may be slower but they do the job cheaply and effectively.

They can't carry as much weaponry, true but if you can buy 2 drones at the same price of a Fighter then that is not a fair comparison.

There is bases in these areas close by and we have the people.....

There won't be a 1000 lives at risk for 1 because the bases won't be right on the same field as the fighting.

If China helped with there large army then that alone could really boost support against terrorism.

The money will be spent on keeping bases stocked with supply's and drones and other weapons.

We know the areas they operate so we just surround the area using a exclusion zone and keep them in there until they starve and then we go on in.

Why would China help? It's nothing to do with them. They've never been attacked. Why do you think they'd join in? How would you make them join in?

They operate in populated areas. So by starving them out, you're starving civilians. That's a war crime and against the Geneva Convention, so would never happen.

So have you got any suggestions that are a- possible and b- not massively illegal?

No.
Reply 41
Original post by Drewski
Why would China help? It's nothing to do with them. They've never been attacked. Why do you think they'd join in? How would you make them join in?

They operate in populated areas. So by starving them out, you're starving civilians. That's a war crime and against the Geneva Convention, so would never happen.

So have you got any suggestions that are a- possible and b- not massively illegal?

No.

To make China join in I would just say to them "We ain't going to buy no more of your countries cheap goods that break after 1 week unless you join in with a large problem in the middle east."

Well you could let people out of these zones but restrain them first in case they are terrorists and just shoot down anyone carrying a weapon.
Reply 42
I'm off for a sleep now.
To make China join in I would just say to them "We ain't going to buy no more of your countries cheap goods that break after 1 week unless you join in with a large problem in the middle east."

Well you could let people out of these zones but restrain them first in case they are terrorists and just shoot down anyone carrying a weapon.

You can't impose those kind of laws - you can't blackmail a country into supporting you.

And that's also illegal.

Again, you have no remotely viable ideas because you don't know what you're talking about.
"Divide and conquer" is what all the invaders do innit
Reply 45
Original post by Drewski
You can't impose those kind of laws - you can't blackmail a country into supporting you.

And that's also illegal.

Again, you have no remotely viable ideas because you don't know what you're talking about.

It's not blackmail. At the end of the day it's up to them from that. But there goods do barely last a year and they rely on the west to buy there goods so they would probably say yes either way if you made the offer.

After all it's more a economic deal in exchange for military personnel.

You could offer them less tariffs in exchange for military aid.
It's not blackmail. At the end of the day it's up to them from that. But there goods do barely last a year and they rely on the west to buy there goods so they would probably say yes either way if you made the offer.

After all it's more a economic deal in exchange for military personnel.

You could offer them less tariffs in exchange for military aid.

That's textbook blackmail. You simply can't do it.

Also, their military has no experience. Why use them?
Reply 47
Original post by Drewski
That's textbook blackmail. You simply can't do it.

Also, their military has no experience. Why use them?

They have experience when it comes to building artificial islands equivalent to an unsinkable aircraft carrier and intercepting US spy planes.

I'm sure they have some knowledge and they sure have the man power.

Also offering less tariffs in return for military aid towards a problem seems a credible way.
They have experience when it comes to building artificial islands equivalent to an unsinkable aircraft carrier and intercepting US spy planes.

I'm sure they have some knowledge and they sure have the man power.

Also offering less tariffs in return for military aid towards a problem seems a credible way.

They've never fought an expeditionary war.

And nope, still blackmail.
Original post by the bear
i expect Mr Trump will sort things out.

"I expect Mr Hitler will sort things out."

That's how it starts.
Original post by M14B
Not allowed to say this

What are they gonna do? oh yeah cut my head off.....
Reply 51
Original post by Drewski
They've never fought an expeditionary war.

And nope, still blackmail.

Offering them tariff deals in return for use of troops is a deal they can say yes or no.

China has a long history of war in there area.
Offering them tariff deals in return for use of troops is a deal they can say yes or no.

China has a long history of war in there area.

That doesn't stop it being blackmail. And what happens whenever they then say no? What happens to your grand (idiotic) plan then?

What have they done internationally in the last 30 years? They've never deployed beyond their own borders. They don't have the logistics ability to fight a deployment war. They don't know how.

You'd know that if you knew anything about the military.

Are you really sure you want to play the credibility game...?
Reply 53
Original post by Drewski
That doesn't stop it being blackmail. And what happens whenever they then say no? What happens to your grand (idiotic) plan then?

What have they done internationally in the last 30 years? They've never deployed beyond their own borders. They don't have the logistics ability to fight a deployment war. They don't know how.

You'd know that if you knew anything about the military.

Are you really sure you want to play the credibility game...?

It's not blackmail it's a OFFER..... They can say yes they can say no.

If they say no everything goes as normal.

If they say yes they get there tariffs reduced and we get some use of there military.

Anyway, even if the Chinese have little skill i'm sure they have more than the terrorists, been part of a more developed country so they should still be effective in a war against terrorism. After all we would just have them deployed around a exclusion zone
It's not blackmail it's a OFFER..... They can say yes they can say no.

If they say no everything goes as normal.

If they say yes they get there tariffs reduced and we get some use of there military.

Anyway, even if the Chinese have little skill i'm sure they have more than the terrorists, been part of a more developed country so they should still be effective in a war against terrorism. After all we would just have them deployed around a exclusion zone

Ah yes, this fictional and illegal exclusion zone you keep banging on about...

It is blackmail. However much you try to disguise it as an 'offer'.

So when they say no, everything goes to normal. The normal you say isn't working. So how will that go?

So why do you think the inexperienced, untested Chinese army has "more" (more what?) than the British or American armies?

Why do you persist with this idiotic fiction? You haven't made a coherent point once in all your 20+ posts.
Reply 55
Original post by Drewski
Ah yes, this fictional and illegal exclusion zone you keep banging on about...

It is blackmail. However much you try to disguise it as an 'offer'.

So when they say no, everything goes to normal. The normal you say isn't working. So how will that go?

So why do you think the inexperienced, untested Chinese army has "more" (more what?) than the British or American armies?

Why do you persist with this idiotic fiction? You haven't made a coherent point once in all your 20+ posts.

Ok so you think it's blackmail? I totally don't see it as blackmail as we not 100% forcing China in to doing something.

The normal will be carrying on without China's support. But we could always get help from India or some other nations through deals.

I said More CHINA has MORE EXPERIENCE than the TERRORISTS. (not UK / US forces.....)

This is not fiction these are possible and not impossible like putting man on the sun for example.
This is not fiction these are possible and not impossible like putting man on the sun for example.

It is pure fiction from somebody who simply has no clue what they're talking about.

You've done nothing but spout drivel throughout this entire thread. You're talking *******s of the highest degree. It's not possible, it's not legal, it's not in any way likely and it won't make a blind bit of difference.

You don't know what the problems are so have no idea how to fix them. You're throwing in buzzwords but don't know what they mean. You're throwing in lines that mean nothing. You're giving 'solutions' that are war crimes.

You simply are wasting your time talking ****.
How do we know that you're not one? 😲 😏 🔺
Reply 58
Original post by Drewski
It is pure fiction from somebody who simply has no clue what they're talking about.

You've done nothing but spout drivel throughout this entire thread. You're talking *******s of the highest degree. It's not possible, it's not legal, it's not in any way likely and it won't make a blind bit of difference.

You don't know what the problems are so have no idea how to fix them. You're throwing in buzzwords but don't know what they mean. You're throwing in lines that mean nothing. You're giving 'solutions' that are war crimes.

You simply are wasting your time talking ****.

I'm not wasting time, I am enjoying my contributions which you fail to view as possible.

Because offering a deal to China is totally ILLEGAL.......

The problem is terrorist controlled areas and dealing with the terrorists. (Theory of Exclusion Zones)

From this I got 0 issues with what I am saying.
Reply 59
Original post by trumpisbae
How do we know that you're not one? 😲 😏 🔺

Because I would be supporting 0 action against them.

Quick Reply

Latest