The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea open day June 18th 2016

Hey,
Is anyone going to the Swansea open day on Saturday? and if so what you thinking of studying there?
Original post by becca1999
Hey,
Is anyone going to the Swansea open day on Saturday? and if so what you thinking of studying there?

It was so good! Walked into town via the beach too :tongue: Went to the genetics, then geography talks- wbu?
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
I enjoyed it too, the bioscience department was great and the zoology course looks really interesting. Did you get a chance to see the sports facilities as I didn't and wondering if they were any good?

Original post by ImagineCats
It was so good! Walked into town via the beach too :tongue: Went to the genetics, then geography talks- wbu?
Original post by becca1999
I enjoyed it too, the bioscience department was great and the zoology course looks really interesting. Did you get a chance to see the sports facilities as I didn't and wondering if they were any good?

Ahahaha no not sporty at all

Swansea has an amazing rep for sport so should be good
Reply 4
Original post by ImagineCats

I went with my parents but didn't get the chance to see much cause we were in a hurry, what did you think about the town?
It's my firm choice so it's 95% chance I'm going there, doing Economics though so I'm in the bay campus.
Reply 5
I went with my friend, we only live an hour or so away...we really enjoyed it!

She was looking at law which looked brilliant...and I looked at Media & Communications which I wasn't really taken by, but English Lit looked much better. The campus is lovely! Everything's so central and you're not walking 45 minutes to get to each building...plus the beach is a huge plus, obvs

Cardiff is still my number 1, but Swansea is definitely up there:biggrin:
Original post by DiegoC
I went with my parents but didn't get the chance to see much cause we were in a hurry, what did you think about the town?
It's my firm choice so it's 95% chance I'm going there, doing Economics though so I'm in the bay campus.

It's a decent town. Only saw Oxford Street and we were in a rush to find somewhere to eat so settled for a place in the shopping centre but would've preferred to have a better look around tbh. Walked past some nightclubs I'd heard of so wohey

It's mostly tanned fake middle aged women, typical UK teenagers with those adidas jackets and blue jeggings,and quite a few ripped guys tbh it was shocking.

From what I saw, the diversity was fab- Im mostly in love with the beach

Original post by Cari98
I went with my friend, we only live an hour or so away...we really enjoyed it!

She was looking at law which looked brilliant...and I looked at Media & Communications which I wasn't really taken by, but English Lit looked much better. The campus is lovely! Everything's so central and you're not walking 45 minutes to get to each building...plus the beach is a huge plus, obvs

Cardiff is still my number 1, but Swansea is definitely up there:biggrin:

Loveeeee the campus!!! argh the beach too! I'm from London so this is such a cool place! My sister goes to Cardiff for economics so if youve got any questions about town/student life etc let me know!
Really glad to see that so many of you enjoyed the Open Day in June! Hope that we see you again in September!

Quick Reply

Latest