The Student Room Group

Would you rather be extremley rich or extremley smart?

And I mean like very very rich or like one of the top 5 smartest people in the whole world? And why?

Scroll to see replies

Smart any time
rich.
Being one of the smartest people in the world will make you feel very isolated imo, wouldn't enjoy it
Reply 3
Original post by CCGI
And I mean like very very rich or like one of the top 5 smartest people in the whole world? And why?

Can't you be both?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Smart Obviously, As if you are smart you can become rich
Definitely smart. I'm sure if I was that smart I could find a way to use it to get rich anyway :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tough one but I would have to choose being rich over being smart

You are much more powerful if you have a lot of wealth and money is something that is recognised world over.
Reply 7
rich
Reply 8
That's a good point!
smartest person in the world --> one of the richest people in the world
Rich, ignorance is bliss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CCGI
That's a good point!

It's a shame that having a good brain isn't really applauded or recognised outside of the academia and that the richest/ most famous people in the world tend to be footballers, singers, actors etc
Probably smart.

Having all that money but not having the brains to spend it wisely would just be pointless.
Reply 13
Smart obviously because I can easily become rich if I'm one of the top 5 smartest people on the planet.
Plus, if I earn money due to being smart, I will feel more accomplished opposed to getting all that money for free and not having anyone acknowledge you for your efforts.
Reply 14
Get rich then pay for education to become smart

Or

Get smart then you can earn more money in smart way
Smart, anyone can get an opportunity to become rich but you can't really get an opportunity to be really smart

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would pick smart any day. Wealth and money can be taken away from you easily but what is in your brain will always be yours and no one can take it away from you. Knowledge is the only thing in the world that one can have that others can't take away.
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Probably smart.

Having all that money but not having the brains to spend it wisely would just be pointless.

lol it would't matter as you will always have spare money, i don't think you understand the question

Original post by Baaah
Smart obviously because I can easily become rich if I'm one of the top 5 smartest people on the planet.
Plus, if I earn money due to being smart, I will feel more accomplished opposed to getting all that money for free and not having anyone acknowledge you for your efforts.

thats not neccesary true, just because your really smart dosen't mean your going to be rich lol, most smart people dont try or care to be rich

Original post by Himani Vadhia
Smart, anyone can get an opportunity to become rich but you can't really get an opportunity to be really smart

Posted from TSR Mobile

you dont get an opputntiy to be smart, either you have the potential and you develop it or you just have
Reply 18
Yeah it really is, I feel like academics should be more widely respected, of course singers and actors are extremely talented but the people such as scientists who are contributing to much more should be recognised more
Original post by theBranicAc
lol it would't matter as you will always have spare money, i don't think you understand the question

I do, and even when you are 'extremely rich', it's still possible for you to waste the money. The OP said nothing about having unlimited wealth.

Quick Reply

Latest