The Student Room Group

I think Britain is going to remain in the EU.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
@generallee @EuanF @The Roast

Actually I do think we can all relate to this person's concern:

13450142_904338386358981_7385877338997803624_n.jpg

I won't bother tagging @GeorgeMillerr because I doubt he'd apprecite the sentiment.

Oh and @EuanF I must say I'm very impressed you even integrated the EU into your name. Good work sir. (You never replied to my question about your folks...)

Do you have any reply to the video?
Original post by GeorgeMillerr
Do you have any reply to the video?

I don't read anything in The Daily Express.
Original post by jneill
@generallee @EuanF @The Roast

Actually I do think we can all relate to this person's concern:

13450142_904338386358981_7385877338997803624_n.jpg

I won't bother tagging @GeorgeMillerr because I doubt he'd appreciate the sentiment.

Oh and @EuanF I must say I'm very impressed you even integrated the EU into your name. Good work sir. (You never replied to my question about your folks...)

An unpleasantly tasteless joke with two English fans fighting for their lives...

"Earlier, police had to resuscitate one 51-year-old fan after he was repeatedly kicked in the head before the match on Saturday, apparently by several Russian fans, leaving him unconscious. Witnesses claimed he had also been attacked with a small axe leaving his head bleeding “like a tap”, although the allegation could not be immediately verified.Another was said to be in critical condition while several more bloodied England fans nursed head wounds and needed attention from emergency services, including one fan who was filmed being dragged to the ground and stamped on."
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/11/euro-2016-french-police-tactics-raise-fears-of-more-clashes-with-england-fans
Original post by generallee
An unpleasantly tasteless joke with two English fans fighting for their lives...

If you find it tasteless I apologise.

Meanwhile Polish and N Irish fans in Nice.
https://vine.co/v/iLeDIXgIg5E
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill

Meanwhile Polish and Irish fans in Nice.

Vodka brings people together.
Original post by The Roast
Vodka brings people together.

And Guinness
Original post by jneill
I don't read anything in The Daily Express.

Heres a direct link to the video so you dont have to go on "The Daily Express"
The video was made by Peter Goldstein, a founder of Superdrug

http://players.brightcove.net/2540076170001/NykPWQNal_default/index.html?videoId=4913550022001
Original post by tanyapotter
When push comes to shove, I believe that the majority of undecided voters will realise that economic and job security is more important to them and their families than "taking back control" and what not, and they will vote to remain. Do people think Britain will leave or stay on the 23rd?

If it is a leave vote they will rig it like the Scots in the independence votes
Heres a direct link to the video so you dont have to go on "The Daily Express"
The video was made by Peter Goldstein, a founder of Superdrug

http://players.brightcove.net/2540076170001/NykPWQNal_default/index.html?videoId=4913550022001

Honestly dude - I'm not interested in some link posted by someone who doesn't trust people because they speak "foreign".
Original post by jneill
Honestly dude - I'm not interested in some link posted by someone who doesn't trust people because they speak "foreign".

I never said that, also if your not open to new Ideas then obviously you are just about as uneducated as christian literalists
EDIT: I don't trust anyone
(edited 7 years ago)
I never said that, also if your not open to new Ideas then obviously you are just about as uneducated as christian literalists

So you didn't say any of this?
I wanna leave no matter how fascist I seem Im tired of ****ing foreign languages everywhere
Makes it harder to understand them and you don't know what they are talking about, they could be commenting on you
They could be discussing a robbery or criminal activities
Original post by jneill

I did say that, but I never said I don't trust foreigners
Original post by jneill

But anyway you admit to being as bad as a christian literalist?
Reply 453
Original post by generallee
Not dirt poor countries with appalling human rights records where there is a high risk of large numbers of their nationals successfully claiming asylum or overstaying their visas to immigrate illegally.

Why do you think visas are introduced in the first place? :rolleyes:

Can't refute what I am saying can you? Adding more rubbish to what you are saying just makes a bigger pile of rubbish.

I am sure a lot of Turks coming to the UK for holidays would be good for the economy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Maker
Can't refute what I am saying can you? Adding more rubbish to what you are saying just makes a bigger pile of rubbish.

I am sure a lot of Turks coming to the UK for holidays would be good for the economy.

Including BoJos relatives.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 455
Original post by Jammy Duel
Next time do you want them to spoiler 300+ citations to give you the exact same information? Criticism of using a well cited Wikipedia page is a simple case of "I want to reject your argument but don't know how to"

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is really quite simple, Wikipedia is not a credible source as people such as yourself could edit the Wikipedia pages. No academia would accept Wikipedia as a source, as an academic myself, I refuse to accept information from an unreliable source. If you would like reject my argument about why I think we should remain based on what I have read from newspapers, information packets, then use more credible sources. For example, government publications, information packets, or links to government web pages.
Original post by Maker

In the words of the sage of Lichfield...

"Sir, I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding."
Original post by jneill

Meanwhile Polish and N Irish fans in Nice.

Apology accepted.
Original post by Trill
It is really quite simple, Wikipedia is not a credible source as people such as yourself could edit the Wikipedia pages. No academia would accept Wikipedia as a source, as an academic myself, I refuse to accept information from an unreliable source.

Oh, do get over yourself...
Original post by Trill
It is really quite simple, Wikipedia is not a credible source as people such as yourself could edit the Wikipedia pages. No academia would accept Wikipedia as a source, as an academic myself, I refuse to accept information from an unreliable source. If you would like reject my argument about why I think we should remain based on what I have read from newspapers, information packets, then use more credible sources. For example, government publications, information packets, or links to government web pages.

I'll take that as a "yes, I would have liked you to have given me the 300+ citations"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending