The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Lol you believe in god?

No I don't.

I just said I'm doing God's work for cool points on the internet you moron.
Original post by Listers
No I don't.

I just said I'm doing God's work for cool points on the internet you moron.

I got insulted online , let me go cry in a corner.

Keep wasting your life posting drivel on a student forum for another 10 hours weeb.
Reply 362
Original post by Fight Me
Lol k :K:

I am giving a sh*t about innocent lives being lost in all contexts, yet apparently I am being targeted for not feeling more hurt towards the loss of western lives
No. You are being criticised for criticising people who are expressing sympathy and outrage over this attack more than over any of the hundreds of attacks in the Middle East.

You are perfectly free to feel just as affected by a bomb in in Baghdad as by the death of your gran. Just as others are free to feel differently.
Original post by eternalhinch
A sign of the day of Judgement is

- The nations of the earth will gather against the Muslims like hungry people going to sit down to a table full of food. This will occur when the Muslims are large in nnumber, but "like the foam of the sea".

Are we not experiencing this today? Yes we are. It is only you that I fear for. Pray to Allah and inshallah he will give you the guidance and knowldege to see the peace unity of Islam.
I respect to for having your own opinion, but please don't let that dominate the exterior view and have an open mind to see my perspective. Thank you

No one is gathering against Muslims, stop acting like you're the victims when a muslim killed 50 innocent people. Just stop it.

The only people that segregate themselves from society today are muslims. They have a problem with integrating and adapting and accepting western culture.

I'm A Christian, I'm against homosexuality, but the last thing i'll ever do is murder people i disagree with thinking my God would reward me for taking out life I didn't create.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I got insulted online , let me go cry in a corner.

Keep wasting your life posting drivel on a student forum for another 10 hours weeb.

Alright then leave.

"weeb"

LOL, mega cringe.
Reply 365
Original post by -Anonymous_Girl
That isn't an excuse, that's 'just the way we are', how belittling is it that the life of someone that lives closer in mileage to you is somehow more valued than the life of someone elsewhere?
It is not "belittling" at all that we are more affected by the death of people close to us than by the deaths of strangers.

What would be really strange would be claiming that you felt the same grief for the death of an ISIS fighter as you would for the death of your mum.
But obviously you wouldn't. Which is what I am talking about.
Original post by Listers
No one is gathering against Muslims, stop acting like you're the victims when a muslim killed 50 innocent people. Just stop it.

The only people that segregate themselves from society today are muslims. They have a problem with integrating and adapting and accepting western culture.

I'm A Christian, I'm against homosexuality, but the last thing i'll ever do is murder people i disagree with thinking my God would reward me for taking out life I didn't create.

Honestly you will never realise what it is like to be ostracised from the western for believing in a religion that so many people are against. Not only do i empathise with anyone that has to put up with constant hate and abuse but i feel their pain...unless you have experienced it you seriously won't know. By implying the western world is suffering from Islam is sad when there have been and still are so many attrocities against Muslims that are 'oh yes' unknown of.

I don't wish to continue this debate merely because I feel i have no liability to explain my belief to you so if you want to learn about the peacefulness actually speak to Muslims who are accepting of everyone.
Original post by Listers

You are behaving as if ALL muslims would do the same thing .
Original post by eternalhinch
Honestly you will never realise what it is like to be ostracised from the western for believing in a religion that so many people are against. Not only do i empathise with anyone that has to put up with constant hate and abuse but i feel their pain...unless you have experienced it you seriously won't know. By implying the western world is suffering from Islam is sad when there have been and still are so many attrocities against Muslims that are 'oh yes' unknown of.

I don't wish to continue this debate merely because I feel i have no liability to explain my belief to you so if you want to learn about the peacefulness actually speak to Muslims who are accepting of everyone.

I'll give my final statement and It's up to you to reply or not.

Look, the west aren't against muslims. If they were western countries like Germany, Sweden and England wouldn't be willing to open their arms to islamic refugees and migrants, house them and feed them, sometimes at the expense of the local native European.

It's radicals that are against the west, the ones who can't adapt and tolerate western values. The ones that can integrate, these people need to be rooted out because most muslims in the west are peacefully living with the western values Europe and america promote, but the list of the ones that don't keeps rising day by day.
Reply 369
Original post by Listers
I'll go with that he isn't familiar with the Qur'an.

Most westernised muslims can't tell the Qur'an from a phonebook
Very true. The standard version of Islam now promulgated in the west is highly sanitised and carefully cherry-picked. Fortunately, the full version is still available in all good bookshops/internet sources.
Original post by Listers
I'll give my final statement and It's up to you to reply or not.

Look, the west aren't against muslims. If they were western countries like Germany, Sweden and England wouldn't be willing to open their arms to islamic refugees and migrants, house them and feed them, sometimes at the expense of the local native European.

It's radicals that are against the west, the ones who can't adapt and tolerate western values. The ones that can integrate, these people need to be rooted out because most muslims in the west are peacefully living with the western values Europe and america promote, but the list of the ones that don't keeps rising day by day.

I 100% agree with you. It is the radicals that promote such hatred and they are ones causing this divide but for western people to turn against all Muslims is what angers me. For such a minority to act disgustingly how can you criticise all Muslims for believing in a religion that radicals have used as an excuse to gain power? You can't.

Let's just leave it as that, we've found some common ground..forgive me for any wrongdoings i have committed against you, your opinion is just as valid as mine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by QE2
Very true. The standard version of Islam now promulgated in the west is highly sanitised and carefully cherry-picked. Fortunately, the full version is still available in all good bookshops/internet sources.

I'm called a racist and a bigot for just giving the unfiltered truth about Islam, yet Imams are praised for lying to their followers.

Life
Reply 372
Original post by The Epicurean
I wouldn't expect anything but ad-hominems from him. That's all he seems to have to offer, and he is too scared to even do it under his main account.
Ooh! Who is it?
Original post by QE2
Either you are not familiar with the Quran, or you are being deliberately dishonest.

5:32 states that "if anyone kills a soul, other than as a punishment for murder or fasad, it is as if..."

Fasad ("mischief") covers a wide range of offences, but includes "disobeying/rejecting god's law".

The next verse (5:33), clearly states that the punishment for those 'waging war on Allah and his messenger', and for fasad, is death.

So we can see that the Quran explicitly permits the killing of people who have transgressed against Islamic law. So any hadith that calls for the death of prople transgressing Islamic law is not contradicting the Quran.

Hope this has helped.

This common misquoting of this verse by Muslims has been a thing since professional BS artist Zakir Naik came out with it once in a sermon he did. Since barely of them have even read the Qur'an themselves, they keep spouting it as some sort of evidence that Islam is the religion of peace.

It's basically "it's bad if you kill an innocent person.......innocent being anybody who follows Islam" lol.
Reply 374
Original post by champ_mc99
Though it's more difficult to ostracise Islamists and their ideologies, ironically due to free speech. When Anjem and his guys preach "We want Sharia", they're not breaking any laws so it is pretty difficult to stop Islamist agendas from radicalising the youngsters. Not saying ban free speech but just pointing out how it does come with its disadvantages.

Regarding Maajid... I'm not really sure about how legitimate his foundation really is after Tommy Robinson came out and tried to expose him and whatnot, despite the fact I agree with his plans to tackle radicalisation.

We can start by refusing clerics trained in Saudi Arabia and funding for schools and mosques coming from this barbaric country.
Original post by Josb
You're going to be banned, but I do love you. :lol:

LOL, thanks Bro.

I was riled up there
Reply 376
Original post by -Anonymous_Girl
That's not the argument you were making, you were saying that you care more about the death of people in Western countries than those that live in 'stranger places'. By YOUR logic, the death of some random person in France and the death of some random person in Afghanistan are not of the same value.

MORONIC.
Firstly, we need to define terms. You talk about "value" without any context, which is meaningless.
This discussion is about our personal response to deaths, not how much those lives were "worth".

Britain has a long and rich association with France, stretching back 1000 years. We have shared kings, languages, art and culture. Much of France used to be part of the English kingdom. We have fought many wars, both with them and against them.
We learn French in school, most of us have been to France, some of us many times. We drive French cars and eat French food. On a clear day, you can see France from England.

On the other hand, our historical connection with Afghanistan has been occasional, brief, and rarely pleasant. Before 2001, you'd be hard pressed to find a Briton who knew anything about the country.

So, explain how an atrocity in Paris should affect the average Brit in the same way that a similar atrocity in Kabul should?

It really isn't that difficult to understand.
Original post by KimKallstrom
His like and other Combat 18-type scum bags have been rightly ostracised by our society. As a collective we did this because we recognise that these people are a cancer and the only way to beat cancer is to fight it. So basically the opposite to what Muslim communities as a whole have done with extremist Islamists. Quite frankly you're more likely to be a pariah among these communities by joining the British Army than you are associating yourself with ISIS or Al Shabab.

People like Maajid Nawaz and the Quilliam Foundation are more widely despised by mainstream "moderate" Muslims than people like Moazzam Begg and the poisonous creatures in CAGE. Think about that.............

i agree with that and about the hatred majid nawaz gets from the islamic community.
my point was though tha homophoibc attacks have signifcant history here long before islamic terrorism came along unlike the Op was sugessting. as with many things radical islamic ideology poses these and other problems just as far right groups in producing white guys with murderous intent ( ie the other guy that was arrested in US today, on his way to gay pride with assault rifles)
When a Christian refuses to bake a cake for a gay couple, it's a hate crime. When a gay hating Muslim murders 50 people, it's a gun problem
Reply 379
Original post by Khaoula A
Also, killing is banned in the Quran and there Muslims are taught to be tolerant to others no matter their differences so I don't think people who do these acts can be given the title of being 'Islamic' or 'Muslims' when their actions have nothing to do with Islam
If I had a fiver for every time someone made this demonstrably false claim, I'd be sorted!

Seriously. For any Muslim to make this claim shows that they are either
A) Not familiar with the Quran, or
B) A liar

Now, go and read the Quran and come back and tell me what it actually says.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending