The Student Room Group

What are your predictions for edexcel maths grade boundaries?

I think at minimum I got 138 and maximum 147 do you think thats an A? I've been getting B's all year and I would be so happy to get an A, I just don't want to get my hopes up

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully a b... But also hopefully an a because i marked my exam harshly !!!
Reply 2
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Hopefully a b... But also hopefully an a because i marked my exam harshly !!!

Bearing in mind alot of people on twitter and other social medias found the first paper extremley difficult, the grade boundaries may drop, I hope so!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CCGI
Bearing in mind alot of people on twitter and other social medias found the first paper extremley difficult, the grade boundaries may drop, I'm hope so!

Yess, hopefully. Some people even found the second paper hard so that could be a bonus. Although the second paper was very decent. How did you find the first paper?
Reply 4
That should be an A, I got similar to you 139-146.
I think GB will be

A* - 165
A - 135
B - 105
C - 80
D - 60
E - 35
Reply 6
Original post by CCGI
I think at minimum I got 138 and maximum 147 do you think thats an A? I've been getting B's all year and I would be so happy to get an A, I just don't want to get my hopes up

138 will be very near the A/B boundary (hopefully above).

147 will be a definite A.
Reply 7
Original post by DrPeter

What would you think an A would be for this year?
Reply 8
Original post by sulaimanali
I think GB will be

A* - 165
A - 135
B - 105
C - 80
D - 60
E - 35

Why do you think C so high?
Reply 9
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Yess, hopefully. Some people even found the second paper hard so that could be a bonus. Although the second paper was very decent. How did you find the first paper?

I found it okay, some of the questions threw me off, I just made lots of silly mistakes in both papers, but hopefully I can scrape an A! What about you?
Reply 10
Original post by Rajive
What would you think an A would be for this year?

It was a very fair paper. A lot of people found it fairly straightforward. It is total speculation but I would put it around the mid/ late 130's
Reply 11
Original post by DrPeter
It was a very fair paper. A lot of people found it fairly straightforward. It is total speculation but I would put it around the mid/ late 130's

I think I got about 139-148? Do you think that is a secured A?
Reply 12
Original post by Rajive
I think I got about 139-148? Do you think that is a secured A?

Based on the previous 12 exams that would get you an "A", but as I always say, nothing is guaranteed but the odds are on your side !! Best of Luck.
Reply 13
Original post by DrPeter

Yeah I agree that a 147 will be a definite A. But an A in maths as always been 70% in both papers put together out of 200. Also,the highest an A has ever been is 139 and that is because an A has never gone past the 70% barrier. So I doubt it will this year considering the fact that it never has. So 138 will be more of a maximum for an A not a minimum.
Reply 14
I found the paper fair and there was no questions that could really absolute throw you off like last years. However, it was a paper that was easy to make some stupid mistakes on. I think that an A will be around 135-138 and a B 105-13
Reply 15
Original post by TJP0001
Yeah I agree that a 147 will be a definite A. But an A in maths as always been 70% in both papers put together out of 200. Also,the highest an A has ever been is 139 and that is because an A has never gone past the 70% barrier. So I doubt it will this year considering the fact that it never has. So 138 will be more of a maximum for an A not a minimum.

Were you replying to my original post? If so, I meant that I think my minimum mark in both papers was 138 and my maximum mark was 139, sorry if I didnt make myself clear:smile:
Reply 16
Original post by CCGI
Were you replying to my original post? If so, I meant that I think my minimum mark in both papers was 138 and my maximum mark was 139, sorry if I didnt make myself clear:smile:

Oh, sorry, but Yeah I agree.
Reply 17
Original post by TJP0001

.....which is what I said ?
The Grade Boundaries shown below shows the marks you need to GUARANTEE that grade. These are 'safe grade boundaries' so to speak. Based on previous years, the upper grade Boundaries have historically been, across both papers, roughly:
A* - 170
A - 140
B - 110
C - 70
Reply 19
Original post by ShaikhaAlK
The Grade Boundaries shown below shows the marks you need to GUARANTEE that grade. These are 'safe grade boundaries' so to speak. Based on previous years, the upper grade Boundaries have historically been, across both papers, roughly:
A* - 170
A - 140
B - 110
C - 70

Umm why is A* so high

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending