The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zilein
Who said the
"Help people help themselves" quote for the modern liberal justification if government intervention and welfare ?

Smiles in his book "self help".
Original post by Pokémontrainer
I know how you feel. :redface: It's a hard A-level. :sad:

It's probably the subject that's going to stop me from getting into uni, I just know I'm going to get a really bad grade for this.
Original post by studentyear13
It's probably the subject that's going to stop me from getting into uni, I just know I'm going to get a really bad grade for this.

Exactly the same sentiment as me, I'm terrified I'll get below an A. :sad: My other subjects: law is relatively straightforward, as is literature - but politics is, quite frankly, an enigma to me. :redface:
Exactly the same sentiment as me, I'm terrified I'll get below an A. :sad: My other subjects: law is relatively straightforward, as is literature - but politics is, quite frankly, an enigma to me. :redface:

I'm supposed to be getting an A in this and I know for a fact that I am not going to get it and same, I find law straight forward as with history but this is just such a downer.
I've put in my all for this subject, sadly I'm going to fail it regardless of my hard work.
Original post by itssnic0le
Guys do you think its pretty much a sure thing that liberalism will come up as a 45 marker on tuesday?

I've got a feeling there will be one about the role of the state, but that's based on nothing at all. If there is, I'll do it because I'm a rational, utility-maximizing individual :biggrin:
I've given up hope on getting a decent grade for this exam, I've tried my 100% best I can't do any better revision that I'm doing now yet I have a gut feeling that I'm going to fail really badly because I feel that I don't know enough.

I hope none of you guys are feeling this way, it's really *****y.

I feel ya. As long as I atleast get an E I'll be happy 😊

Same
It's so hard I actually regret taking it
Can see myself getting BBD for alevels with a D in politics. Won't be able to go SOAS😩
Original post by xxvine
Same
It's so hard I actually regret taking it
Can see myself getting BBD for alevels with a D in politics. Won't be able to go SOAS😩

OMG I'm going soas too well that is if I get AAB but I'm very sure I'm going to get AAD and the D is for this ugh, it's so frustrating. I hate that I chose this subject.
I regret the day I took this subject and didn't drop it after AS 😩
Politics is gonna be the reason I'm gonna have to do a third year. Oh well, at least it's not the end of the world.
I'm supposed to be getting an A in this and I know for a fact that I am not going to get it and same, I find law straight forward as with history but this is just such a downer.
I've put in my all for this subject, sadly I'm going to fail it regardless of my hard work.

I just want to get into my firm, but this will shatter my dreams. :erm: Buuuuuuut there's still time? :redface:
What types of questions do they ask for multiculturalism?
OMG I'm going soas too well that is if I get AAB but I'm very sure I'm going to get AAD and the D is for this ugh, it's so frustrating. I hate that I chose this subject.

Omg small world
What course....
They will let you in with those grades....
My mate got in with A*BD
I just want to get into my firm, but this will shatter my dreams. :erm: Buuuuuuut there's still time? :redface:

You know your stuff
You'll be fine
I think it's ideologies that is hard. America seems easier imo
Original post by Annie.humair
I regret the day I took this subject and didn't drop it after AS 😩
Politics is gonna be the reason I'm gonna have to do a third year. Oh well, at least it's not the end of the world.

What uni you off too and snag grades do you need?
Original post by xxvine
What uni you off too and snag grades do you need?

I need A*AA. :redface:
I need A*AA. :redface:

What uni?
Original post by xxvine
What uni?

UCL.
UCL.

Oh yeah
They are strict
But you'll be fine going by this thread you know your Shizzle lol
How confident are you?
Reply 718
anyone got any predictions for a2 unit 3c? I'm so scared need to get a b somehow lol
Original post by xxvine
Oh yeah
They are strict
But you'll be fine going by this thread you know your Shizzle lol
How confident are you?

They are. :redface:
I'm not sure - hard to gauge.