The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by eternalhinch
The religion is the most peaceful religion around otherwise it would not be peaceful for nothing.

"It's peaceful because it's peaceful." Strong argument. I bet you win all the debates at school.

It promoted nothing but peace and if you have read the entire Quran you will realise that.

Yeah. If you skip several pages.
The human rights that are in place in the western countries come from the teachings in the Quran so clearly they are knowledgeable.
Wait, wait, wait, WHAT!?!?!?!

:lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:

HUMAN RIGHTS COME FROM THE QURAN??????

FYI, the concept of Human Rights was mostly elaborated as a result of the Enlightenments (in the 18th century), during which philosophers, who had mostly left Christianity, tried to elaborate a society organised as a social contract, in which men's life did not revolve around God. The Philosophers were mostly Theists; they believed in a God creator of the Universe - and Man, but who let men alone with the duty to organise themselves. The concept of the Rights of Man was a secularist project and, at the time of its conception, literally against the three main monotheist religions.
You will realise yourself that the religion is nothing but peaceful

How can you still seriously say that after we have had several terrorist attacks of MUSLIM fanatics who have slaughtered innocent people?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Khaoula A
I wouldn't be so quick to label them 'Islamic' extremists. Its the month of Ramadan and all Muslims are supposed to be peaceful and avoid any conflict with anyone. Also, killing is banned in the Quran and there Muslims are taught to be tolerant to others no matter their differences so I don't think people who do these acts can be given the title of being 'Islamic' or 'Muslims' when their actions have nothing to do with Islam

Oh for goodness sake. You honestly think people are retarded enough not to see through this crap you're spouting? It's an insult to all of us.

Original post by Khaoula A

Every single day in Palestine there are thousands and thousands of men, women and children killed by Jews for the same reason as the crimes that Isis portray; they are different religions. But as long as the offender is not Muslim the crime as written off as anything but a terrorist offence

Since this is an attack on gay people by an Islamist extremist and you've come in ****ging off Jews for some reason, what is your opinion on the fact that there are many gay refugees in Tel Aviv from Gaza because Hamas regularly executes gays like this Orlando gunman?
Original post by Josb

That's the most idiotic statement I have read on TSR for a while and God know that I've seen stupid things. :lol:

FYI, the concept of Human Rights was mostly elaborated as a result of the Enlightenments (in the 18th century), during which philosophers, who had mostly left Christianity, tried to elaborate a society organised as a social contract, in which men's life did not revolve around God. The Philosophers were mostly Theists; they believed in a God creator of the Universe - and Man, but who let men alone with the duty to organise themselves. The concept of the Rights of Man was a secularist project and, at the time of its conception, literally against the three main monotheist religions.

PRSOM. Also, I think you meant Deists there.
Unfortunately, I fear that Islamic extremism will only increase as time goes on and fear of Islam grows. Ordinary people will feel more antagonistic towards the religion until an ultimatium is reached. I honestly don't get why extremists do the actions they do, especially since the majority of their victims are Muslim in which case it especially doesn't make sense the actions they do.

My condolences to the families of the victims. :frown:
Original post by Kyou
Unfortunately, I fear that Islamic extremism will only increase as time goes on and fear of Islam grows. Ordinary people will feel more antagonistic towards the religion until an ultimatium is reached. I honestly don't get why extremists do the actions they do, especially since the majority of their victims are Muslim in which case it especially doesn't make sense the actions they do.

My condolences to the families of the victims. :frown:

Their actions are generally very logical when you are able to get your head into their mind-set, which I have.

They do have a sound strategy, a strategy that has relied, and continues to rely on leftists and liberals for its implementation.
Reply 385
Original post by Hydeman
PRSOM. Also, I think you meant Deists there.

In French, both Theism and Deism are used to define the religion of 18th century philosophers. The latter is stricter as it actually rejects any religion (no prayer, holy book, dogma, etc.; Deists only believed in a God-creator), whilst the former is broader and include several intermediate forms of beliefs between Deism and the codified religions of the Book. Voltaire himself oscillated between the two forms.

Not sure about English though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 386
Original post by Fight Me
I attend funerals to show respect for the person and the family as i know them on a personal level.

By not attending the funeral of strangers who probably wouldn't want me there does not mean I value their life less. Its a stupid and invalid argument.
And yet, you claim that by publicly mourning some deaths less than others, we value their lives less.

This is not about the "value" of an individual's life (although I'm not sure how you calculate that - or is every life of the same value?), it's about how the deaths of people affect us individually.

Personally, I would be more affected by news footage of a dead Syrian child than I would be by hearing of the death from natural causes of a 90 year old stranger, three streets from me. The "value" of the life is both unquantifiable and irrelevant. They were both strangers, although one lived less than a mile away. It is how the news of the death affects us that counts, and that depends on a variety of factors.

To insist that all lives are of "the same value" is meaningless nonsense.
Do you really think that your mother's life is no more valuable than that of a serial and unrepentant child rapist and murderer? And that you would mourn them both the same?
SMH
Reply 387
Original post by Fight Me
I attend funerals to show respect for the person and the family as i know them on a personal level.

By not attending the funeral of strangers who probably wouldn't want me there does not mean I value their life less. Its a stupid and invalid argument.
And yet, you claim that by publicly mourning some deaths less than others, we value their lives less.

This is not about the "value" of an individual's life (although I'm not sure how you calculate that - or is every life of the same value?), it's about how the deaths of people affect us individually.

Personally, I would be more affected by news footage of a dead Syrian child than I would be by hearing of the death from natural causes of a 90 year old stranger, three streets from me. The "value" of the life is both unquantifiable and irrelevant. They were both strangers, although one lived less than a mile away. It is how the news of the death affects us that counts, and that depends on a variety of factors.

To insist that all lives are of "the same value" is meaningless nonsense.
Do you really think that your mother's life is no more valuable than that of a serial and unrepentant child rapist and murderer in a different country? And that you would mourn them both the same?
SMH
Original post by Josb
"It's peaceful because it's peaceful." Strong argument. I bet you win all the debates at school.

Yeah. If you skip several pages.

That's the most idiotic statement I have read on TSR for a while and God know that I've seen stupid things. :lol:

How can you still seriously say that after we have had several terrorist attacks of MUSLIM fanatics who have slaughtered innocent people?

PRSOM
Reply 389
Of course they want to be known as 'Islamic State' that's what they claim to be killing so many people for. Without their claim of being Islamic what reason do they have to do commit such acts?
None.
The only justification they use is from the Quran and sunnah. That's why they call themselves "Islamic".
Thought it was pretty obvious really.
Original post by Josb
We can start by refusing clerics trained in Saudi Arabia and funding for schools and mosques coming from this barbaric country.

We could adopt a similar policy as the Austrians and limit all foreign funding of mosques, Islamic groups etc... to a one-off payment.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/08/austria-foreign-minister-islam-funding-law-restricting
Original post by The Epicurean
We could adopt a similar policy as the Austrians and limit all foreign funding of mosques, Islamic groups etc... to a one-off payment.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/08/austria-foreign-minister-islam-funding-law-restricting

Japan and Angola completely banned Islam LOL.

Why would the wanna ban the religion of peace?
Reply 392

Yeah, currently, the Saudi fund pretty much whatever they want.
Reply 393
The religion is the most peaceful religion around otherwise it would not be peaceful for nothing. It promoted nothing but peace and if you have read the entire Quran you will realise that.
The Quran promotes both peace and violence, tolerance and intolerance.
You would know that if you had read it.

The human rights that are in place in the western countries come from the teachings in the Quran so clearly they are knowledgeable.
Are you high?

Explain how the Quran teaches religious freedom. (Article 18)
The Quran does not forbid slavery, it permits it. (Article 4)
The Quran prescribes torture and inhuman punishment (Article 5)
Why are women discriminated against in some legal situations (Article 7)

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/
Original post by Josb
Yeah, currently, the Saudi fund pretty much whatever they want.

Indeed. I discussed this topic in a PM not too long ago. I think there is a pretty strong argument for undertaking such a policy:

The Austrian method would be to limit the funding of any mosques to a single one-off payment, and restricting continuous funding. So mosques can still be funded and built within the UK. The only difference between the current system here and the Austrian system is that we currently permit continuous funding. It is quite evident that we have an issue with radicalism and it is also the case that who funds a mosque or Islamic group has control over what it preaches. So I don't see why it should be controversial to limit the influence of foreign Salafi and Wahhabi groups and encouraging the growth of a more British Islam.

For example, many Western European nations with large Muslim populations are largely funded from abroad and if we observe the number of Muslims in each country and look at the number of Muslims from that country who have joined ISIS, we get some rather astonishing figures.

France
1,200 have joined ISIS
Estimated Muslim population is 5 million
240 ISIS members per million Muslims in France

Belgium
440 have joined ISIS
Estimated Muslim population is 660,000
667 ISIS members per million Muslims in Belgium

Indonesia
500 have joined ISIS
Estimated Muslim population is 205 million
2.4 ISIS members per million Muslims in Indonesia

India
18 have joined ISIS
Estimated Muslim population is 172 million
0.1 ISIS members per million Muslims in India

I think everyone will agree that these figures here are astounding. I think the major difference is that countries like India and Indonesia already have well developed national Islamic organisations and groups and so there is less room or need for foreign funding and thus Salafi groups struggle more to gain a foothold. For example, the Indonesian Islamic organisation Nahdlatul Ulama has some 40 million members. The same is not true in Western nations like France, Belgium and the UK, hence our need to take action against such foreign funding.

Original post by Newsout
Japan and Angola completely banned Islam LOL.

Why would the wanna ban the religion of peace?

Islam isn't banned in Angola or Japan. I know Muslims who have lived in Japan.

I wouldn't want to ban Islam.
Indeed. I discussed this topic in a PM not too long ago. I think there is a pretty strong argument for undertaking such a policy:

http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/bryan-fischer/2016/01/04/japan-no-muslims-no-terrorists

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513388/Angola-bans-Islam-shuts-mosques.html

Read more and get on my level

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513388/Angola-bans-Islam-shuts-mosques.html

http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/bryan-fischer/2016/01/04/japan-no-muslims-no-terrorists
Original post by QE2
The Quran promotes both peace and violence, tolerance and intolerance.
You would know that if you had read it.

Are you high?

Explain how the Quran teaches religious freedom. (Article 18)
The Quran does not forbid slavery, it permits it. (Article 4)
The Quran prescribes torture and inhuman punishment (Article 5)
Why are women discriminated against in some legal situations (Article 7)

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/

I'm just going to put the 'Islamic response' to UDHR here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairo_Declaration_on_Human_Rights_in_Islam
Reply 399
Original post by KimKallstrom
This common misquoting of this verse by Muslims has been a thing since professional BS artist Zakir Naik came out with it once in a sermon he did. Since barely of them have even read the Qur'an themselves, they keep spouting it as some sort of evidence that Islam is the religion of peace.

It's basically "it's bad if you kill an innocent person.......innocent being anybody who follows Islam" lol.
It was even quoted incorrectly in a press release by American Muslim Community Centers. There is no way that someone in that position would not know the full verse and context.
Therefore they were being deliberately dishonest in order to mislead people.
http://www.amccenters.org/viewnews.php?id=154

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending