The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

What if i don't get the grades in my offer?

So my offer for a MEng is AAA but I really don't think that is very likely anymore. Does anybody know how lenient the university tend to be on accepting students if they don't meet their offers? Cheers in advance guys! This is for the University of Sheffield btw
(edited 7 years ago)
What university? It does depend how prestigious they are and how many places and how many people have applied. Like me, I am applying to Sheffield for MEng and although it's AAA they might accept AAB if you do ened up with that. Dont put urself down and do your best and you never know, you migth come out with AAA or better!

I suggest emailing your Uni about this. They will know best
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Kristofa
So my offer for a MEng is AAA but I really don't think that is very likely anymore. Does anybody know how lenient the university tend to be on accepting students if they don't meet their offers? Cheers in advance guys!

Completely depends on the uni, how popular the course is there, how the other people who got offers did in relation to you and how many grades + in what subject you missed the A in
Reply 3
Original post by SirRaza97
What university? It does depend how prestigious they are and how many places and how many people have applied. Like me, I am applying to Sheffield for MEng and although it's AAA they might accept AAB if you do ened up with that. Dont put urself down and do your best and you never know, you migth come out with AAA or better!

I suggest emailing your Uni about this. They will know best

Cheers for your reply and motivation! I've applied to the Uni of Sheffield for the exact same course haha
Original post by RasputinReborn
AAB and you'll likely get in.

ABB - it's still possible but probably unlikely eg, 40:60

BBB and below and you very much have no chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What you just said is meaningless, it is completely down to the specific course and uni.
Call up on results day and ask. Worst they can do is say no? Best of luck and hopefully it won't come to this!
Sheffield are likely to accept you. I needed AAA but got in with BBB and people on languages degrees some got BBC apparently. I am also not the only person I know with BBB and I only really have a small close circle
Original post by neal95
Sheffield are likely to accept you. I needed AAA but got in with BBB and people on languages degrees some got BBC apparently. I am also not the only person I know with BBB and I only really have a small close circle

Probably not the best example since I did my A Levels last year and dropped out of uni this year, averaging at a 2:1 which Sheffield asked for proof of - but I got an unconditional offer for a languages course for this September with BBC despite them asking for BBB.

@ OP - In general you're like 90% safe if you drop one grade. If the course isn't very popular (I don't know about your particular course) then you will also probably get away with dropping two grades. Dropping any more than that is obviously still possible, but highly unlikely so I wouldn't count on it. Everyone I know got into their firm choice last year (including myself) with one grade less than they needed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending