The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2
Anyone who can walk into a club and shoot 50 people is obviously mentally ill.
However, it seems likely that he would not have taken that action without the religion providing some kind of justification and validation.

From what his ex wife says he seemed to be a hateful loose cannon
Original post by xxvine
From what his ex wife says he seemed to be a hateful loose cannon

He beat her for dressing improperly and not doing her duties at home

If this is allowed in Islam how you can claim this is a 'hateful lose cannon'
Original post by BaconandSauce
Given beating your wife is allowed in Islam how can those saying this is proof he was mentally ill make this claim?

Lol, islams definition of beating is completely different to yours and "beating" can only be used as a last resort however if by "beating" your wife you might make the situation worse than you are encouraged not to at all.

Hope it helps :biggrin:

Because a lot of religious people don't beat their wives?
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Absolutely disgusting. I'm genuinely appalled and I'm usually meh to everything I see online.

Yep. It's alive and well. Not nearly as isolated as people like to claim.
Original post by xxvine
So was he mentally ill or are they stil saying it's all to do with religion?

Not sure if he was mentally ill, but religion did have a part to play. One religion in particular.

Original post by Think People
Secret services at it again with another false flag

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't forget to keep your tin foil hat on at all times. That way they can't get to you.
Original post by Raizelcadres
Lol, islams definition of beating is completely different to yours and "beating" can only be used as a last resort however if by "beating" your wife you might make the situation worse than you are encouraged not to at all.

Oh it's a last resort, well that's OK then.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Yep. It's alive and well. Not nearly as isolated as people like to claim.

Not sure if he was mentally ill, but religion did have a part to play. One religion in particular.

Don't forget to keep your tin foil hat on at all times. That way they can't get to you.

Well maybe he was like the sandy hook shooter. Just mentally ill and used the religion to justify his hate.
Original post by xxvine
Well maybe he was like the sandy hook shooter. Just mentally ill and used the religion to justify his hate.

Or maybe he was genuinely religious.
Oh it's a last resort, well that's OK then.

Lool smh. Please look at what I said, the definition of beating is completely different in Islam than what you think. Islams definition of "beating" is that you must first of all not "hit" her anywhere near the face, you must not "hit" her so hard that her skin turns red (go on experiment on your wrist by hitting gently and you will see it turns red just with minimal force), skin starts bleeding, bruises and bones are to be broken. This is all not allowed. The reason why "beating" is used as LAST RESORT is to show serious one is.

Hope it helps.
Lool smh. Please look at what I said, the definition of beating is completely different in Islam than what you think. Islams definition of "beating" is that you must first of all not "hit" her anywhere near the face, you must not "hit" her so hard that her skin turns red (go on experiment on your wrist by hitting gently and you will see it turns red just with minimal force), skin starts bleeding, bruises and bones are to be broken. This is all not allowed. The reason why "beating" is used as LAST RESORT is to show serious one is.

Hope it helps.

So beating is allowed, as long as it doesn't make a mark or breaks the skin. Wonderful.
So beating is allowed, as long as it doesn't make a mark or breaks the skin. Wonderful.

Lol thats not classified as beating :P
Reply 432

Nevertheless, a Muslim who is familiar with the Quran knows that he is allowed to beat his wife under certain condition. Allah has given him permission to do so.

You can argue all you like about how severe the beating is allowed to be, or what acts of disobedience may be punished, but the fact remains that the Quran permits wife beating.
Whether or not his specific actions were strictly justified under different interpretations, he would have believed that Islam gave him permission to beat his wife under certain conditions.
And he would have been right.
Because it does.

I don't find physical abuse amusing no matter how you wrap it up

But you've basically confirmed what I said

My thumb slipped and accidentally repped you... sorry :indiff:
Original post by xxvine
Because a lot of religious people don't beat their wives?

Doesn't negate the fact that according to Islam it is OK to beat your wife though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by QE2
Nevertheless, a Muslim who is familiar with the Quran knows that he is allowed to beat his wife under certain condition. Allah has given him permission to do so.

You can argue all you like about how severe the beating is allowed to be, or what acts of disobedience may be punished, but the fact remains that the Quran permits wife beating.
Whether or not his specific actions were strictly justified under different interpretations, he would have believed that Islam gave him permission to beat his wife under certain conditions.
And he would have been right.
Because it does.

And whose fault is that? Clearly if he was "familiar" with the Qu'ran than he would not have done any of the sort.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 437
Original post by xxvine
In other words, his justification for his actions came from his religion.
I don't find physical abuse amusing no matter how you wrap it up

But you've basically confirmed what I said

Define physical abuse and look at my other reply to the other individual. Peace
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by xxvine
Just mentally ill and used the religion to justify his hate.

Thanks for confirming Islam can be used to justify hate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending