The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by Ismail786
Here's my "is psychology a science" essay for you guys to look over and hopefully benefit from. Praying it comes up as our 18 marker! (Y)

yes hopefully it comes up!! that's a really good essay btw
do you have any notes/essays on ethnocentrism? i'm kind of struggling with it :/
Original post by Ismail786
Here's my "is psychology a science" essay for you guys to look over and hopefully benefit from. Praying it comes up as our 18 marker! (Y)

Soz 2 be rude but the grammar in this :frown: :lol:

Messy essay !
Do debates only come up as 18 markers?
Original post by karlygash0712
Do debates only come up as 18 markers?

nope they come up everywhere in I+D
What grade is everyone going for tomorrow and how are you going to space your marks?

Personally am aiming for an A*, going to try and go for 34+17+13, (for clinical, issues and debates short answers, and the 18 mark respectively.)

Ideally I'll make up more than 34 marks in clinical (hopefully like 37)..
when talking about etiological validity with the diagnosis of schizophrenia, what is an example i could give to show it lacks etiological validity?
Reply 546
You know when you thought you'd be ready for something and then realised you should have started revising the minute you were born ... need about another 10 years to prepare for this I reckon
Original post by Jablonski
What grade is everyone going for tomorrow and how are you going to space your marks?

Personally am aiming for an A*, going to try and go for 34+17+13, (for clinical, issues and debates short answers, and the 18 mark respectively.)

i'd be happy with a B i was aiming for the A but after revising and looking over how much content there is, im not so sure anymore
Do I need to learn Gottesman & Shields and Goldstein? Or just one?
Any predictions for tomorrow???
Original post by Jablonski

Hopefully ~70 if I want an A* overall. cant see it happening cos im only just starting revision now (..not even taking the piss)

Gona try my best in clinical and hope for 35+, hopefully the 18 marker will be ~15
Original post by sophie0098

One

Original post by FemaleBo55
Any predictions for tomorrow???

ethnocentrism
Original post by rileystringer1
Hopefully ~70 if I want an A* overall. cant see it happening cos im only just starting revision now (..not even taking the piss)

Gona try my best in clinical and hope for 35+, hopefully the 18 marker will be ~15

By starting revision now, do you mean you've done some beforehand but just need to top up? You'll do fine 😊
Original post by sophie0098

my teacher told me to learn only one but it is useful learning both because Gottesman could be used in examples with twins and nature etc. Goldstein could be used as evidence for reliability of DSM/diagnosis
Original post by rileystringer1
One

ethnocentrism

can u describe and evaluate ethnocentrism please in like note form :smile: please
what are some evaluation points for RET
Original post by Exams2210
what are some evaluation points for RET

Strengths: Brandsma et al found its effective in changing behaviour of patients who fall short of their own expectations.

Engels found that it's more effective than SD in anxiety disorders.

Better than free association because aims to help patient rather than make them feel better.

Weaknesses:
Unethical as therapist is asserting their thoughts are irrational when to the patient they are perfectly normal.

Patient needs a certain level of insight to be able to develop a dispute-belief system.

Studies only looks at short term effects, lack of evidence for long term effects.

Psychoanalyst would argue that we need to look at the role of the unconscious in the belief systems NOT changing the beliefs :smile:
Original post by sophia.lega
Strengths: Brandsma et al found its effective in changing behaviour of patients who fall short of their own expectations.

Engels found that it's more effective than SD in anxiety disorders.

Better than free association because aims to help patient rather than make them feel better.

Weaknesses:
Unethical as therapist is asserting their thoughts are irrational when to the patient they are perfectly normal.

Patient needs a certain level of insight to be able to develop a dispute-belief system.

Studies only looks at short term effects, lack of evidence for long term effects.

Psychoanalyst would argue that we need to look at the role of the unconscious in the belief systems NOT changing the beliefs :smile:

thanks!!
For the evaluation of 2 research method for schizophrenia on the spec if doesnt say the suitable example can be interview?? Can I stil luse it because then I use Golstein as an example??
The other one im doing is twin studies and using Gottesman and shields MZ & DZ twin
Original post by FemaleBo55
For the evaluation of 2 research method for schizophrenia on the spec if doesnt say the suitable example can be interview?? Can I stil luse it because then I use Golstein as an example??
The other one im doing is twin studies and using Gottesman and shields MZ & DZ twin

Yeah, I am doing interviews and Gottesman & Shields too!

Look at June 2014 Mark scheme, the 12 marker was D&E 2 research methods used to investigate Schizophrenia, and Interviews is there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest