The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
shouldn't that be

The prophet(MHRIH) stated that the best amongst(sic) you is the one thats(sic) beats thier(sic) wives.

Your ignorance and arrogance has no boundaries.
Reply 481
Original post by Raizelcadres
Lol thats not classified as beating :P
Maybe not by someone who is desperate to convince themselves that the Quran does not permit wife-beating. But to everyone else (including the law) it is.

I could punch you repeatedly in the stomach, and it wouldn't leave a mark.
But you consider doing that to a woman as acceptable.
SMH.
My word, the bigots, sexists and apologists have really come out of the woodwork on this thread, haven't they?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Absolute nonsense, Islam is currently one of the most violent religions around. Religions like Buddhism and Jain are miles more peaceful than Islam for starters.

Do you even Rohingya

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your ignorance and arrogance has no boundaries.

Right because I don't think beating your wife is ever acceptable I'm ignorant and arrogant
Original post by Mactotaur
If you have respect for women, why are you advocating that their husbands beat them?

You make it sound as if Im saying Men should beat their wives when they feel like it. I do have respect for women, I am told to love my mum 3X more than my father, I'm told to not even raise my voice against my parents (thats how respectful one should be). You have to understand just because you "beat" a women doesn't mean you're disrespecting them and that "beating" can only be used in a certain scenario. I understand what you are saying, women should not be beaten up at all and I agree I would never even raise my voice against my wife yet alone strike her. Yes it angers me a lot that men beat their wives (not just in asian countries), they treat them nothing more than an object and beat them much they die. You think I'm up for that? Absolutely not. I am completely against that type of stuff after all I'm human BUT I believe if you are going to "beat" your wife than you can only do it under a certain scenario (I don't know what that scenario is as i have no knowledge about it) and no great amount of force must be used (only a gentle tap on their shoulder to show that one is serious but every other approach must have been tried).
You have to understand just because you "beat" a women doesn't mean you're disrespecting them and that "beating" can only be used in a certain scenario.

For the love of god
Original post by QE2
Maybe not by someone who is desperate to convince themselves that the Quran does not permit wife-beating. But to everyone else (including the law) it is.

I could punch you repeatedly in the stomach, and it wouldn't leave a mark.
But you consider doing that to a woman as acceptable.
SMH.

Looool If you read my comment if you even make their skin turn red. You know exactly what I was trying to say about how much pain you can actually cause but you than went with the "you can get hurt without any marks". SMH
For the love of god

Why are you taking it out of context????
I give up. I wish you guys the best and hopefully one day you come to realise what I was saying. Goodbye
Why are you taking it out of context????

It's not out of context your words are quite clear

'You have to understand just because you "beat" a women doesn't mean you're disrespecting them'
Reply 491
And whose fault is that? Clearly if he was "familiar" with the Qu'ran than he would not have done any of the sort.
All the Quran says is that husband may beat his wife, as a last resort, if he fears disobedience. Nothing else. That is all Allah had to say on the subject.

Therefore, anyone "familiar" with the Quran will know that it is permitted to beat your wife under certain conditions. There is nothing in the Quran about how hard the beating should be, or what parts of the body should be avoided. Those were all added later by men. Presumably because they weren't happy with Allah's vague instruction that clearly opened the door to severe beatings.
Original post by QE2
All the Quran says is that husband may beat his wife, as a last resort, if he fears disobedience.

given she disobeyed him then the beatings were acceptable according to Islam

so at least we've dismissed the claim that 'he beat his wife so he must have been mentally disturbed' lie
Reply 493
shouldn't that be

The prophet(MHRIH) stated that the best amongst(sic) you is the one thats(sic) beats thier(sic) wives (sic).

You forgot that one.
Original post by Mactotaur
If you have respect for women, why are you advocating that their husbands beat them?

:lol: :rolleyes:
Original post by Josb
You forgot that one.

so much (sic)
Reply 495
Define physical violence and here is the definition of beating which I copied from my other reply " Islams definition of "beating" is that you must first of all not "hit" her anywhere near the face, you must not "hit" her so hard that her skin turns red (go on experiment on your wrist by hitting gently and you will see it turns red just with minimal force), skin starts bleeding, bruises and bones are to be broken. This is all not allowed. The reason why "beating" is used as LAST RESORT is to show serious one is."
You say "Islam's definition". Could you reference the hadith (ideally sahih) that says that the skin must not redden?
I am familiar with those passages that say the beating should not be too severe, or cause serious injury, and avoid the face, but not that one.
Muhammad himself said "do not beat your wife as you would beat your slave". (Although I guess this opens up another can of worms!)
Thanks.
For the love of god

I think that's the point.
Reply 497
Original post by xxvine
You clearly have an agenda

The case is in America though...I am not talking about other cases.

Why hasn't something like this happened in the UK? Because we have strict gun laws. It's harder to commit acts like that over here.

Focus on religion all you want though. Next time we sill see a white kid shoot up a school and kill many like is always the case there.
The issue here is motivation and justification, not method. The scenario could be, and has been, acted out in countries with strict gun controls.

1. ISIS have been urging Muslims in western countries to carry out acts of terror against the kuffar.
2. Muslim claims allegiance to ISIS before carrying out act of terror against the kuffar.

What is it about this that you are having difficulty understanding?
Reply 498
Original post by xxvine
I am not muslim or have any ties to islam. I am just talking about their gun culture which is related to what happened in this case. If it wasn't this guy it will be a non religious guy. People kill in the name of religion in islam, christianity etc...but america makes it too easy for them to commit these acts.
When was the last time an American swore allegiance to a Christian* terrorist group (that had been calling on Christians* to carry out acts of terror on non-Christians*) before deliberately shooting dozens of random strangers?

* or Hindus, Jews, Sikhs, Buddhists, etc?
Lol thats not classified as beating :P

Maybe in the eyes of an apologist.

Original post by xxvine
We will never know

In time we'll get a good idea. One way or another.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending