The Student Room Group

What are your predictions for edexcel maths grade boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by sulaimanali
I don't know anything about a 38 gap mark between A-C Grades.

Yes, I think the GB for C will be or should be around 80 (maybe even 75).

Think about it! 80/200 is 40%. If a person cannot get 40% in something like Maths, which has a definite answer (unlike subjective subjects e.g. English, R.E), can be taught and learnt, then I'm sorry..

I don't think someone can struggle so much to obtain a C? With maths its constant practise and no stress. If one cannot work on their own after trying, there's tuition.

(Original post by sulaimanali)I think GB will beA* - 165A - 135B - 105C - 80D - 60E - 35

Why do you think C so high?

I have copied my original question to you from yesterday which you chose to ignore!! Your reasoning above is completely wrong and groundless for Grade Boundaries !!

I can get 95%+ on every GCSE Maths paper I do, but I know pupils who are brilliant at English and other subjects but when it comes to numeracy they have a barrier. So, "YOU should think about it". I am sure you are an intelligent person (how do you measure intelligence) but are clearly ignorant when it comes to understanding pupils' abilities and how the brain works.
Reply 41
I've seen the GB for those years. I was going to put down 75 but changed it to 80 because I think the paper was a fair one and 80 deserves to be a C (although I hope all the GB drop). It was 65 last year, and this year was much easier than last so I think it might go to 75, defo should go to 70. I don't see why C should go below 70 (35%).

Manchester isn't the only city that took it that everyone's complaining. November are the resits, 9-1 paper isn't needed!

November is time of the year when the grade boundaries increase, June 2015 for an A you needed 125, November went up drastically by 135, look at the pattern, it increases for November, then stays the same, do you understand what I am trying to say? As I said before, it may have been very easy for you, but other people struggled on the paper.

My predictions
A* 168
A 136
B 100
C 65
Reply 42
Original post by DrPeter
(Original post by sulaimanali)I think GB will beA* - 165A - 135B - 105C - 80D - 60E - 35

I have copied my original question to you from yesterday which you chose to ignore!! Your reasoning above is completely wrong and groundless for Grade Boundaries !!

I can get 95%+ on every GCSE Maths paper I do, but I know pupils who are brilliant at English and other subjects but when it comes to numeracy they have a barrier. So, "YOU should think about it". I am sure you are an intelligent person (how do you measure intelligence) but are clearly ignorant when it comes to understanding pupils' abilities and how the brain works.

Yes Dr peter, someone who I agree with, what do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 43
[QUOTE="gigge;65726813"]
it was a very fair paper. It wasn't something extremely difficult. Lots of people are whining about the easier (C grade and below questions) needlessly.[/b

I would say 100 do you think it will go up to 105 and are grade boundaries made by how everyone did nationally ?? 10 mark difference i find hard to belive i hope it stays 95-100 :smile:

I doubt it goes over 100 tbh
Hope it stays at 95 😭😭😭😭
A* - 170
a - 145
b - 110
c - 85
d - 60
Reply 46
Original post by Lalarw
Yes Dr peter, someone who I agree with, what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

I do not believe you will be far away with your predictions in your previous post because The papers were very fair.
[QUOTE="gigge;65726813"]
it was a very fair paper. It wasn't something extremely difficult. Lots of people are whining about the easier (C grade and below questions) needlessly.[/b

I would say 100 do you think it will go up to 105 and are grade boundaries made by how everyone did nationally ?? 10 mark difference i find hard to belive i hope it stays 95-100 :smile:

Yeah, the grade boundaries are decided by the results over the whole country. It may definitely well be 100, you never know. Remember, I'm only predicting what I think it will be (from my experience, what I've heard, what I think, what I've seen) and based on last year's GB I upped everything by about 10 marks. Do not worry about what I say. I might be wrong! :smile: I don't mind if I'm wrong, the lower they are, the better for everyone! :wink:
Original post by DrPeter

I was going to answer your question yesterday (I wrote a whole para on it, but my internet connection stopped working so it didn't submit, so I lost the message). Whether you choose to believe me is entirely your decision and I don't care if you do. I'll get over it - don't you worry! :smile:

Your just the same as lalalrw (not sure if the spelling is right)! You choose to believe what you want. I told you my guesses are just predictions and I may well be wrong. I don't mind if I'm wrong, the lower the GB, the better for everyone. I think the paper was fair and 75-80 should be the mark for a C. 2 years worth of work (practise practise) shouldn't just be for 35-40% (a pass grade).

It's so funny to see how you're raging at such a petty issue. It's good if you can get 95% and above. When I said "think about it", I didn't mean it in a harsh tone, but an imaginative tone, telling you to put yourself in a situation and think realistically (but if that's how you understood it, so be it).

Thank you for complimenting me in the midst of this 'discussion'.

I don't think I am ignorant (as you may suppose). I know people's 'abilities'. I'm saying all this from my own hard work. I wasn't great at maths either, but I had tuition (for 5-6 years) from primary to secondary school to up me that I'm achieving A-A*. It's just the sense, effort and hard work.

I'm not trying to be rude or mean by the way!
Original post by Lalarw
November is time of the year when the grade boundaries increase, June 2015 for an A you needed 125, November went up drastically by 135, look at the pattern, it increases for November, then stays the same, do you understand what I am trying to say? As I said before, it may have been very easy for you, but other people struggled on the paper.

My predictions
A* 168
A 136
B 100
C 65

10 marks isn't drastic if the work is put in to maintain a high grade. I know people struggled, but I think it was a fair paper, considering the work that I put in and how I found it.
[QUOTE="Lalarw;65726951"]
Original post by gigge

I doubt it goes over 100 tbh

yeah, could be!
Original post by Lalarw

My predictions
A* 168
A 136
B 100
C 65

True true

@Sulemanali (sorry for the SP) ,i'm glad you found it easy however like Lalawrw said,June 2015 doesn't increase much.June 2015 was 95 for a B (for e.g).And Nov was 98.
I don't think it'll exceed 70 for a C.Maths papers are set so a certain percentage can get A*/A/B/C etc,so they shouldn't make it "easier" or "harder"(Although imo last year was rlly hard)
Guys my advice is don't stress about GB ,just focus on your remaining examinations :smile:.You shall all see on grade boundary day(24th August 2016) what the grades are.
Original post by Blancosdos
True true

@Sulemanali (sorry for the SP) ,i'm glad you found it easy however like Lalawrw said,June 2015 doesn't increase much.June 2015 was 95 for a B (for e.g).And Nov was 98.
I don't think it'll exceed 70 for a C.Maths papers are set so a certain percentage can get A*/A/B/C etc,so they shouldn't make it "easier" or "harder"(Although imo last year was rlly hard)

It's fine. I didn't find it extremely easy however. I said it was a fair paper (most of it was easy-not too difficult).

I was just saying my views. Yeah, I may defo be wrong!
Reply 54
I was going to answer your question yesterday (I wrote a whole para on it, but my internet connection stopped working so it didn't submit, so I lost the message). Whether you choose to believe me is entirely your decision and I don't care if you do. I'll get over it - don't you worry! :smile:

Your just the same as lalalrw (not sure if the spelling is right)! You choose to believe what you want. I told you my guesses are just predictions and I may well be wrong. I don't mind if I'm wrong, the lower the GB, the better for everyone. I think the paper was fair and 75-80 should be the mark for a C. 2 years worth of work (practise practise) shouldn't just be for 35-40% (a pass grade).

It's so funny to see how you're raging at such a petty issue. It's good if you can get 95% and above. When I said "think about it", I didn't mean it in a harsh tone, but an imaginative tone, telling you to put yourself in a situation and think realistically (but if that's how you understood it, so be it).

Thank you for complimenting me in the midst of this 'discussion'.

I don't think I am ignorant (as you may suppose). I know people's 'abilities'. I'm saying all this from my own hard work. I wasn't great at maths either, but I had tuition (for 5-6 years) from primary to secondary school to up me that I'm achieving A-A*. It's just the sense, effort and hard work.

I'm not trying to be rude or mean by the way!

I don't rage about anything ! I just wondered how you reached your conclusions (and if you said you were an Edexcel examiner I would have been worried for everyone !! ). I don't think it is petty, I just wouldn't want anyone to believe they've failed, unless there was good reasoning behind your predictions.

Anyway, you need to move on, what's your next exam (chemistry?) and Good Luck !!
Here's the 'new grade boundaries' I've thought of then for the likes of all.

A* - 165
A - 130
B - 100
C - 75
D - 55
E - 40
I'm so worried for maths because usually in class and mocks I get over 85 (not bragging) but when I've entered the exam hall I feel so nervous and can't concentrate as normal. I've made so many silly mistakes on a paper that I didn't find hard. I think I lost 18/19 marks on paper 1 and 15 on paper 2. I'm scared for my A*.
Original post by Char4ncubex
I'm so worried for maths because usually in class and mocks I get over 85 (not bragging) but when I've entered the exam hall I feel so nervous and can't concentrate as normal. I've made so many silly mistakes on a paper that I didn't find hard. I think I lost 18/19 marks on paper 1 and 15 on paper 2. I'm scared for my A*.

I am literally in the same position as you!! Everything you said also applies to me in terms of the marks.
I am literally in the same position as you!! Everything you said also applies to me in terms of the marks.

I hope you get your desired grade. Maths was literally one of my only go to's for an A*. But now..😩😨
Just have to think be positive.👌 good luck x
Original post by Prussia
Umm why is A* so high

As I said these were the average highest possible marks to guarantee that grade plus i thought you already got 12 A* since you've been arrogant enough to boast off in every thread, you probably didn't even get them haha! no go ahead and report me because you have nothing better to do than brag about a set of results that you most likely did not achieve as people with those grades are not arrogant and don't like to show off because they don't need to prove to the whole world that they are smart, nice try honey x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending