The Student Room Group

I can't stand my dad anymore.

Just had a heated argument with him over where his laptop is - which I havew no idea.

He barged into my room claiming it was in here, but it's not, I've checked over a couple of times. 5 minutes later he comes back in (without knocking or anything) claiming he's sure it's in here.

I just lost the plot. I told him to **** off out my room. He and pretty much all my family always walk into my room. I can't get a lock because they don't want me to.

He lurched forward. I knew he was going to hit me, so I automatically pushed him back and kept him at arms length.

I can't stand this **** anymore... it's happened so often here.

Scroll to see replies

you told someone about what your going through?
Reply 2
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
you told someone about what your going through?

I saw a counsellor last year about it... it didn't help much. I was able to let out some steam, but ultimately in didn't fix anything.

I seriously can't put up with this anymore.

I've told everyone to allow me space, to knock before coming in... God knows how many times they've walked in. Several times they've walked in on me changing.
Original post by Anonymous
I saw a counsellor last year about it... it didn't help much. I was able to let out some steam, but ultimately in didn't fix anything.

I seriously can't put up with this anymore.

I've told everyone to allow me space, to knock before coming in... God knows how many times they've walked in. Several times they've walked in on me changing.

try something new to take your mind off of it.
Just had a heated argument with him over where his laptop is - which I havew no idea.

He barged into my room claiming it was in here, but it's not, I've checked over a couple of times. 5 minutes later he comes back in (without knocking or anything) claiming he's sure it's in here.

I just lost the plot. I told him to **** off out my room. He and pretty much all my family always walk into my room. I can't get a lock because they don't want me to.

He lurched forward. I knew he was going to hit me, so I automatically pushed him back and kept him at arms length.

How can you lose a whole laptop!?
Reply 5
try something new to take your mind off of it.

I can't think of anything more.

I try spend as much time out the house as possible - when I can - but inevitably I have to come back to this place and face absurdity.

This is such a dysfunctional family. Just being around many of them drives me nuts.

And this all leads to me to over think and I end up blaming myself. I get so, so anxious and depressed here. I'm never truly happy at all...

I don't know what to do anymore.
I can't think of anything more.

I try spend as much time out the house as possible - when I can - but inevitably I have to come back to this place and face absurdity.

This is such a dysfunctional family. Just being around many of them drives me nuts.

And this all leads to me to over think and I end up blaming myself. I get so, so anxious and depressed here. I'm never truly happy at all...

I don't know what to do anymore.

try hitting the gym or taking up a sport. relieves anger and you may look at them in a different perspective
Reply 7
Original post by ODES_PDES
How can you lose a whole laptop!?

It has to be in the house somewhere...

My little sister uses it a lot, so she would probably know where it might be.

I bet he's found it now, but he won't dare apologise - he never does.
Reply 8
try hitting the gym or taking up a sport. relieves anger and you may look at them in a different perspective

I've had to cancel a gym subscription to save money. I go to football whenever my friends organise a meet up.

I've sent out my CV to get a job, hopefully I get it so I can go away for a couple of months. I've got barely any money... of course I go through most the day not eating and paying for my own food.
Just had a heated argument with him over where his laptop is - which I have no idea.

Seriously self defense, take some classes or learn some basic defense to help yourself. The hitting sounds bad :/
Seems like they want to know your every move so try and keep things secretive as ,possible and see fi they try and pry into what you're doing.

Not much you can do about ignorant people like this.
Original post by Big white
Seriously self defense, take some classes or learn some basic defense to help yourself. The hitting sounds bad :/
Seems like they want to know your every move so try and keep things secretive as ,possible and see fi they try and pry into what you're doing.

Not much you can do about ignorant people like this.

He hasn't hit me recently - although I've been hit by him in the past, several times. Like, for example, my sister made a mess once, blamed it on me and my brother and my dad came down and beat us up. He kicked me several times in the stomach and punched my brother.

That was all down to alcohol though - he had serious issues with it.

He has stopped now, but he's still quie aggressive.

I can handle him. I don't want to hit him, but I know how to defend myself.
He hasn't hit me recently - although I've been hit by him in the past, several times. Like, for example, my sister made a mess once, blamed it on me and my brother and my dad came down and beat us up. He kicked me several times in the stomach and punched my brother.

That was all down to alcohol though - he had serious issues with it.

He has stopped now, but he's still quie aggressive.

I can handle him. I don't want to hit him, but I know how to defend myself.

Wtf your brother and dad need serious help
surely that must hurt a ton? :frown:
That's fair if you don't want to hit him but make sure you don't get hurt too much :/ :console:

same happens to me :frown:
Original post by Aliyah2016x
same happens to me :frown:

I guess you understand where I'm coming from then?

My parents have no clue. Somehow, to them, it's perfectly fine to walk into people's room and accuse them of all sorts.
I guess you understand where I'm coming from then?

My parents have no clue. Somehow, to them, it's perfectly fine to walk into people's room and accuse them of all sorts.

course I understand
my dad has no clue either he walks into my room and I feel like screaming cause u could be getting changed or something .I always get accused of stuff and then he hits me and my brother.
Original post by Aliyah2016x
course I understand
my dad has no clue either he walks into my room and I feel like screaming cause u could be getting changed or something .I always get accused of stuff and then he hits me and my brother.

Does he drink?

The hitting part reminds me a lot of my dad.

He used to have these huge fits of rage for the smallest of things. On one occasion, something my dad and even mum denies completely, he kicked me several times in the stomach and punched my brother for something my sister did and blamed on us.

He's had heath issues and has had to stop drinking, but he's still aggressive with me in particular and just seems detached.

My family is terrible... I can't begin to describe how dreadful it is to be here, a place I'm supposed to call home.

This is why I stay in my room as much as I can.

I do try to go out as much as I can, but there's only so much I can do. I've lost so much confidence in the last month.
How old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Salima0841
How old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've come to a decision.

I'm going to pack up my belongings and head back to the shared flat. I'm going to stay there until I hear back from this job. If I don't get it, I'll look somewhere else.

I'll let my parents know tonight that I can't be around here, that it's not healthy for me and I'm simply not happy.

I'm not going to have my summer ruined.
You should move out. You are old enough to get a job with decent pay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending