Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories
I'm so stupid.

No you aren't:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Igy but realise you've come this far for a reason. Smash those ****ing exams and prove all your doubts wrong :hugs:

Thank you, I'm gonna try :hugs:

I don't even care about uni or anything anymore though :rofl: I almost don't want exams to be finished because I'll have nothing left to look forward to :frown:
Psychosis has pretty much gone now.

But I think I'm getting depressed. I'm sad, I don't care for the future and bad thoughts. Seeing CPN tomorrow. She asked if I wanted to go on ADs last week, I really don't want to but don't know how to cope :frown:
Original post by FireFreezer77
I'm just feeling like a worthless peice of **** currently. I've no purpose in life. I'm just here to suffer from OCD and feel like **** 24/7.
It's getting too much for me again.
I can't take it!
Now I'm crying again, my life isn't worth living

Sorry to hear you are struggling :frown: I know what its like to be rock bottom with OCD and everything else and I can promise you that what it makes you think about yourself like you don't matter, you wont ever improve or life isn't worth it, its all lies. My inbox is always open if you need to talk :hugs:

Hope you're feeling a bit better today :smile:
Aw no!!
You sound like a lovely person and you deserve to be super happy!!
I'm always here if you want someone to talk to!

thank you feelin a bit better today x
Erm, hello? Idk where else to ask a question like this except here on TSR, because we're all students, right? Basically my psychiatrist hasn't seen me for over 4 months now, my tablets aren't working and she isn't giving me an appointment, and when she does it clashes with an exam. I've tried ringing them and they said they'll get back to me, I've heard nothing since.
So I tired ringing my gp this morning to get an appointment for today with anyone because my anxiety is just becoming way too overwhelming and I have 6 exams in the next two weeks and I was hoping to get something to help me through. But there were no appointments. What do I do from here? Because sitting my exams is going to be hell but I need to and does anyone have any tips on how to lower anxiety and increase motivation?
Thanks xoxo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OriginaSid
Erm, hello? Idk where else to ask a question like this except here on TSR, because we're all students, right? Basically my psychiatrist hasn't seen me for over 4 months now, my tablets aren't working and she isn't giving me an appointment, and when she does it clashes with an exam. I've tried ringing them and they said they'll get back to me, I've heard nothing since.
So I tired ringing my gp this morning to get an appointment for today with anyone because my anxiety is just becoming way too overwhelming and I have 6 exams in the next two weeks and I was hoping to get something to help me through. But there were no appointments. What do I do from here? Because sitting my exams is going to be hell but I need to and does anyone have any tips on how to lower anxiety and increase motivation?
Thanks xoxo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Emergency GP appointment or walk in clinic?
Thanks xoxo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, sorry to hear about your situation. I've been there with not getting enough appointments, not hearing back and not getting anywhere with GPs etc. Its very deflating, especially when you are struggling alone.

I agree that trying to get an emergency appointment or go to a walk in clinic is a good idea. A lot of the time my GP surgery says they have no appointments that day until I say its an emergency and boom, suddenly they have a couple of appointments available. Keep trying every day for an appointment if you don't have a walk in clinic near you.

Does your school know about your mental health problems? Are you getting to sit your exams in different rooms to everyone else or things like that? Little things like that can make all the difference when it comes to sitting exams when you have problems with anxiety. Best tips I can give you for increasing motivation and reducing anxiety are to make sure you are eating and sleeping as well as possible, try some gentle exercise during the day - even just a 10 min walk or dance about your room for 10 mins, take breaks but not too long or you will find it harder to come back to revision, don't push yourself too hard - if you feel you have had enough work for one day, put it to the side and come back to it later or the next day. Also talk to friends or family as bottling in stress only makes things worse and more likely to affect your exams and overall quality of life.

If you want to talk or anything, my inbox is open :smile:
Thanks xoxo

Posted from TSR Mobile

What time did you call the drs? Because they should have appointments set aside each day for emergancies, and MH is usally classed as fairly urgant. But to get these you have to call when the drs opens about 8am

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Hey, sorry to hear about your situation. I've been there with not getting enough appointments, not hearing back and not getting anywhere with GPs etc. Its very deflating, especially when you are struggling alone.

I agree that trying to get an emergency appointment or go to a walk in clinic is a good idea. A lot of the time my GP surgery says they have no appointments that day until I say its an emergency and boom, suddenly they have a couple of appointments available. Keep trying every day for an appointment if you don't have a walk in clinic near you.

Does your school know about your mental health problems? Are you getting to sit your exams in different rooms to everyone else or things like that? Little things like that can make all the difference when it comes to sitting exams when you have problems with anxiety. Best tips I can give you for increasing motivation and reducing anxiety are to make sure you are eating and sleeping as well as possible, try some gentle exercise during the day - even just a 10 min walk or dance about your room for 10 mins, take breaks but not too long or you will find it harder to come back to revision, don't push yourself too hard - if you feel you have had enough work for one day, put it to the side and come back to it later or the next day. Also talk to friends or family as bottling in stress only makes things worse and more likely to affect your exams and overall quality of life.

If you want to talk or anything, my inbox is open :smile:

I did ask for an emergency appointment but before she even heard what about she goes they have none:/
I might have to try again tomorrow.
I do sit my exams in a separate room, my college are fully aware of my situation, thankfully and are really supportive. Family, not so much, they don't really know about it much.
Thank you for the advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
What time did you call the drs? Because they should have appointments set aside each day for emergancies, and MH is usally classed as fairly urgant. But to get these you have to call when the drs opens about 8am

Posted from TSR Mobile

I started ringing from half 8 and didn't get through until half 10.
I might try again tomorrow morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I started ringing from half 8 and didn't get through until half 10.
I might try again tomorrow morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keep trying. And maybe ask if your drs does an online booking system, most drs do now and you can see what appointments the receptionist can see and book them yourself, i find it much quicker and no phoning up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
told my CPN about my phobia of sitting on plastic chairs. Feel so stupid.
Original post by PandaWho
Keep trying. And maybe ask if your drs does an online booking system, most drs do now and you can see what appointments the receptionist can see and book them yourself, i find it much quicker and no phoning up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do have one, but it never shows any appointments :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elleee1234
thank you feelin a bit better today x

No worries! Im happy to hear that! x
Hate to see nice people feeling down!
I used to dance, play the piano, sing, paint, read a lot and play basketball and a few other sports! All in the past :frown:
Yeah I hope I can overcome them asap but I put off dealing with them for so long it's gonna take a while for sure.
Hahahaha thank you XD I must say the same to you :wink:

Anxious Anon

Ah excellent! You were keeping very occupied then!
Im sorry to hear you stopped them all :hugs:
Aw well i hope it can be sorted! Youre too nice to be going through this! You deserve to be super happy!
Haha no worries!
Hehe thanks! :wink:
Now im super intrigued to know who you are!
But i respect your anon!

No matter what you think you're not a worthless peice of ****! You bring a lot of positivity to this thread and that's already one big quality of you :smile:
:hugs: :hugs:

Anxious Anon

Aw thanks! I am though really!
I do my best to do so! I like to try and make everyone feel happy!
:hugs: Thankyou AA! Greatly appreciated!
Original post by Spock's Socks
Sorry to hear you are struggling :frown: I know what its like to be rock bottom with OCD and everything else and I can promise you that what it makes you think about yourself like you don't matter, you wont ever improve or life isn't worth it, its all lies. My inbox is always open if you need to talk :hugs:

Hope you're feeling a bit better today :smile:

Thanks
Yeah. I can relate to your stories. It truely sucks!
I hope its lies tbh! It would be disastrous if it were all true! I have a feeling that it is though!
Thankyou!! :hugs: As is mine!

Im feeling better but its still playing up :frown:
Hope youre well!
Ah excellent! You were keeping very occupied then!
Im sorry to hear you stopped them all :hugs:
Aw well i hope it can be sorted! Youre too nice to be going through this! You deserve to be super happy!
Haha no worries!
Hehe thanks! :wink:
Now im super intrigued to know who you are!
But i respect your anon!

Hahaha the person who repped this post of yours is me. I am anon because some of my followers know me irl.
Thanks and I hope you're feeling a little bit better now. I repeat you're not a useless piece of ****, I appreciate your presence here so I don't allow you to think you're a useless piece of **** :wink:

Anxious Anon
Used earphones in front of people today. Ik that is stupid and something everyone does but usually im too self conscious to do stuff like that but i just thought **** it :smile:

Latest