The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jjsnyder
How do I integrate arcsinh(x)

EDIT: it's okay I'm a genius I got it, how are you supposed to do it though?

EDIT^2: Reality kicked in, I'm not a genius, I didn't get it :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe by parts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 961
Hey, since the compiler isn't really working.. anyone happen to have a copy of the hacks and tricks page screenshotted? Thanks. 12 hours left!
Anyone else not doing STEP I?
Original post by physicsmaths
Maybe by parts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eh? arcsinh(x) = arc + sinh(x)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 964
Original post by sweeneyrod
Anyone else not doing STEP I?

There's always Krollo. :tongue:
Reply 965
Eh? arcsinh(x) = arc + sinh(x)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you integrate ln x? Same trick.
Original post by Zacken
How do you integrate ln x? Same trick.

Ohh okay, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 967
Original post by Geraer100
Okay, thankks! and before you said even integral for point 6, by even integral do you mean an integral with limits a and -a?

Yep.
Original post by Zacken
Yep.

Thanks!
Reply 969

Posted from TSR Mobile

(same goes for integrating all the other ar(c)trig(h) functions iirc)
Reply 970
Original post by ox2015
Hey, since the compiler isn't really working.. anyone happen to have a copy of the hacks and tricks page screenshotted? Thanks. 12 hours left!

I don't think anybody is going to have that, unfortunately. You could try copy-pasting the LaTeX code from the post into another latex compiler and checking it out?

...more effort than it's worth to be honest. :tongue:
Reply 971
Original post by Zacken
I don't think anybody is going to have that, unfortunately. You could try copy-pasting the LaTeX code from the post into another latex compiler and checking it out?

...more effort than it's worth to be honest. :tongue:

alright, thanks anyways
One thing, tomorrow, when the exam finishes, is everyone going to comment in this thread or will there be another thread? And can we comment immediately after the exam or we got to wait?
One thing, tomorrow, when the exam finishes, is everyone going to comment in this thread or will there be another thread? And can we comment immediately after the exam or we got to wait?

Wait till 9am 15th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Wait till 9am 15th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, it's because I never wanna see the answers after the finishing the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's arcsinhx, so you'd expect that the same trick you use for arcsinx might work.
Reply 976
Reminder that no discussion about the exam should take place until 24 hours after the exam has been sat.
Q1, STEP I 2014,

The last part, I don't see how it's linked to the previous parts, Part v talks about two prime numbers pq but 675=5^3*3^4 and 5^3 and 3^4 are not prime numbers. So how can the previous parts be applied? So why there are factorising 675 into that form gives 6 factors pairs?:smile:
Q1, STEP I 2014,

The last part, I don't see how it's linked to the previous parts, Part v talks about two prime numbers pq but 675=5^3*3^4 and 5^3 and 3^4 are not prime numbers. So how can the previous parts be applied? So why there are factorising 675 into that form gives 6 factors pairs?:smile:

There are quite a few unrelated parts in that question, it's kinda silly yeah.
how u feeling @Zacken

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending