The Student Room Group

Shooting in gay club in Florida

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
The average gun-toting middle aged civilian in the US is a crack shot in high stress combat situations then? We had better draft some into the army, they are clearly needed.

Original post by viddy9
Owen Jones didn't say it had some special kind of significance.

But that was his meaning.

He wasn't having a problem with Julia and says so on his twitter feed.

The Sky host did clearly try to downplay it as a homophobic attack. Watching the piece, it seems clear that he was pursuing a pre-agreed agenda that this is a 'typical' Islamist attack and therefore he was following orders and that's what really annoyed Owen Jones, who was rightly pointing out that just because some lunatic homophobe wants to call it religious doesn't make it not primarily a homophobic attack.

We are going to get a lot of this, after all, Trump is taking the same line and even (what a fricking cheek) blaming the President for it. All we are going to hear from many right wing sources is Islam, Islam, Islam when clearly this is about a lot more than that. That's why he got angry.

He said that today. He should have said it last night before she got a ton of abuse.

I don't think the host did try to downplay it as a homophobic attack, he was just trying see this event in its wider context. Nothing wrong with that. Yes, it was a homophobic attack but clearly it was more than that, and that's all they said.
It's actually quite sinister how the Sky hack tries to twist it away from being an obvious homophobic attack to "an attack on people in general". I wonder if orders have been received from Rupe in his New York bunker instructing all the minions that this is not to be put across as an attack on gay people.

Original post by The Roast
They called it a homophobic attack and that there was 'no question' that it was.

There is currently zero evidence that it was a homophobic attack.

Own Jones just showed how much of a baby him and his fellow leftists are, they have to retreat to safe spaces when somebody disagrees with them. He also showed why leftist suck at business, as they cant conduct themselves in a professional manner.
So many bandwagons for the left to jump on here; the gun control bandwagon, the Islam apologist bandwagon, the homophobia bandwagon, I'm surprised all their little heads haven't exploded from the amount of things they have to be outraged about
Original post by Snufkin
But that was his meaning.

He said that today. He should have said it last night before she got a ton of abuse.

I don't think the host did try to downplay it as a homophobic attack, he was just trying see this event in its wider context. Nothing wrong with that. Yes, it was a homophobic attack but clearly it was more than that, and that's all they said.

Do you have any evidence that it was a homophobic attack?
Original post by The_Opinion
There is currently zero evidence that it was a homophobic attack.

Own Jones just showed how much of a baby him and his fellow leftists are, they have to retreat to safe spaces when somebody disagrees with them. He also showed why leftist suck at business, as they cant conduct themselves in a professional manner.

The fact that he targeted a Gay club is certainly evidence of homophobia.

If he had targeted a synagogue, it would have been proof of anti-semitism, would it not?

His reaction was slightly over the top though, I thought.
Original post by The Roast
The fact that he targeted a Gay club is certainly evidence of homophobia.

If he had targeted a synagogue, it would have been proof of anti-semitism, would it not?

His reaction was slightly over the top though, I thought.

There is no evidence at all so far that he attacked the club specifically as it was a gay club.
There is no evidence at all so far that he attacked the club specifically as it was a gay club.

That evidence will gradually come to light.

It clearly was a targeted attack though - an obvious target for those in support of Daesh and other Islamic terrorist organisations.

It was planned.

Yes there is you braindead idiot.

He travelled 90 miles to this specific club, his father recalled that he specifically was repulsed by homosexual behaviour on at least one past incident.

But then again, I am talking to the person who thinks the people "deserved to die and had it coming because all gays are left wing".
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
Yes there is you braindead idiot.

He travelled 90 miles to this specific club, his father recalled that he specifically was repulsed by homosexual behaviour on at least one past incident.

But then again, I am talking to the person who thinks the people "deserved to die and had it coming because all gays are left wing".

That is not proof.

That homosexual behaviour incident occurred months ago.

In a court of law, your claims would not hold up, as currently there is no proof that he attacked this club, specifically as it was a gay club.

By the way, you are deliberately misquoting me, your leftist traits are shining through.
That is not proof.

That homosexual behaviour incident occurred months ago.

In a court of law, your claims would not hold up, as currently there is no proof that he attacked this club, specifically as it was a gay club.

By the way, you are deliberately misquoting me, your leftist traits are shining through.

You asked for evidence, not proof. You said: "there is no evidence at all..."

Well, little buddy:

Evidence that he targeted it because it was gay is the fact that he travelled 90 miles to go to it, as opposed to a normal nearby club
Evidence that he targeted it because it was gay is also because he has a history of disliking homosexual behaviour.

To ignore this is simply as low as you can get.

And you did indeed yesterday say that "liberals brought death upon themselves", which is disgusting and you are a vile, sickening human.
You asked for evidence, not proof. You said: "there is no evidence at all..."

Well, little buddy:

Evidence that he targeted it because it was gay is the fact that he travelled 90 miles to go to it, as opposed to a normal nearby club
Evidence that he targeted it because it was gay is also because he has a history of disliking homosexual behaviour.

To ignore this is simply as low as you can get.

And you did indeed yesterday say that "liberals brought death upon themselves", which is disgusting and you are a vile, sickening human.

It is not actual proof, in court, it would not hold up, it was Latino night, perhaps he specifically wanted to kill them? See, your silly leftist assumptions don't hold up.

Look at the Paris attack, that was not seen as an attack specifically against rock music, it was seen as a general attack.

So now you changing your quote, make your mind up. At no point did I ever say that they "deserved to die" as you put it, or that all gays are leftists or however it was that you misquoted me as saying.

You seem triggered, like Owen Jones, would you like to retreat to your safe space for a while?

Btw, I have not actually said that the club wasn't attacked specifically as it was a gay club, jus that there is no proof, and look how you trigged leftists get uppity, no dissent in the ranks!
It is not actual proof, in court, it would not hold up, it was Latino night, perhaps he specifically wanted to kill them? See, your silly leftist assumptions don't hold up.

Look at the Paris attack, that was not seen as an attack specifically against rock music, it was seen as a general attack.

So now you changing your quote, make your mind up. At no point did I ever say that they "deserved to die" as you put it, or that all gays are leftists or however it was that you misquoted me as saying.

You seem triggered, like Owen Jones, would you like to retreat to your safe space for a while?

Btw, I have not actually said that the club wasn't attacked specifically as it was a gay club, jus that there is no proof, and look how you trigged leftists get uppity, no dissent in the ranks!

Are you blind? You said there was no evidence, no one even mentioned proof until you tried to change the topic. And I showed you that there is evidence.

Now back off, I took a picture of what you said,

"its mainly liberals that have died, they have indirectly brought death upon themselves"
Are you blind? You said there was no evidence, no one even mentioned proof until you tried to change the topic. And I showed you that there is evidence.

Now back off, you're a filthy little piece of crap for saying that the liberals got whats coming, I took a picture of what you said,

"its mainly liberals that have died, they have indirectly brought death upon themselves"

I hope you are the victim in the next attack like this, and you will realise how disgusting you are.

You have not shown evidence at all, you have simply presented circumstantial incidences, that may support an argument, but I not actual evidence.

Wow, your triggering has grown to the next level, you are almost at Trigglypuff levels of triggerdness. See how you leftists reply in a civil conversation, by wishing death upon people you disagree with, how I pity you leftists.

I hope you tell your parents about this conversation, "mum, dad, someone on the internet disagreed with me, so I wished death upon them".
You have not shown evidence at all, you have simply presented circumstantial incidences, that may support an argument, but I not actual evidence.

Wow, your triggering has grown to the next level, you are almost at Trigglypuff levels of triggerdness. See how you leftists reply in a civil conversation, by wishing death upon people you disagree with, how I pity you leftists.

I hope you tell your parents about this conversation, "mum, dad, someone on the internet disagreed with me, so I wished death upon them".

I simply cannot believe you're denying that this was a homophobic attack. You are the worst user I've ever come across on this site, and I've seen some really bad people tbh. There is plenty of evidence, someone doesn't travel 90 miles to attack somewhere randomly. His father has raised his hatred for homosexuality - that is evidence. Regardless of whether or not it is conclusive, it is evidence buddy. Do I need to give you the definition of evidence or something? And its funny that you blame the left wing when it is the right wing NRA which has blocked legislation to ban assault weapons, and its right wing governments in the USA who have previously supported Islamist dictatorships, but oh no its the "regressive left's fault" :rolleyes:
I simply cannot believe you're denying that this was a homophobic attack. You are the worst user I've ever come across on this site, and I've seen some really bad people tbh. There is plenty of evidence, someone doesn't travel 90 miles to attack somewhere randomly. His father has raised his hatred for homosexuality - that is evidence. Regardless of whether or not it is conclusive, it is evidence buddy. Do I need to give you the definition of evidence or something? And its funny that you blame the left wing when it is the right wing NRA which has blocked legislation to ban assault weapons, and its right wing governments in the USA who have previously supported Islamist dictatorships, but oh no its the "regressive left's fault" :rolleyes:
The worst user you have ever come across, and then the next sentence you admit that your evidence is not conclusive, half supporting what I have been saying all along, you leftists :biggrin:Yes, the well known "right wing government" of the Obama administration.

The fact of the matter is, that out of the two of us, you are the only one of us to have hoped for the death of the other side. Leftists cannot control their emotions and remain calm when discussing with those who have opposing views (see Owen Jones) and this is why you need safe spaces.
I simply cannot believe you're denying that this was a homophobic attack. You are the worst user I've ever come across on this site, and I've seen some really bad people tbh. There is plenty of evidence, someone doesn't travel 90 miles to attack somewhere randomly. His father has raised his hatred for homosexuality - that is evidence.

It's not evidence per se... it's a motive.
The worst user you have ever come across, and then the next sentence you admit that your evidence is not conclusive, half supporting what I have been saying all along, you leftists :biggrin:Yes, the well known "right wing government" of the Obama administration.

The fact of the matter is, that out of the two of us, you are the only one of us to have hoped for the death of the other side. Leftists cannot control their emotions and remain calm when discussing with those who have opposing views (see Owen Jones) and this is why you need safe spaces.

You're changing the topic because you know how hollow your argument is. You said there was no evidence to suggest that the motive was anti-gay, I proved you wrong by showing you that there are two distinct things which indicate that this is an anti-gay hate crime hidden under the veil of islamic extremism.

And we both know I'm not talking about the Obama administration. But the right wing is far more responsible for these attacks than the left - assuming that either side has an ounce of responsibility. Because the extremely right wing NRA blocked legislation to ban assault weapons, ON the exact same day as this shooting, a white, non-islamic male was arrested on his way to possibly commit a shooting as well - this alone is evidence that Islam and lefties aren't the problem - its the USA's overly obsessive desire to symbolically retain their 'rights' by having fricking assault weapons free for purchase.
You're changing the topic because you know how hollow your argument is. You said there was no evidence to suggest that the motive was anti-gay, I proved you wrong by showing you that there are two distinct things which indicate that this is an anti-gay hate crime hidden under the veil of islamic extremism.

And we both know I'm not talking about the Obama administration. But the right wing is far more responsible for these attacks than the left - assuming that either side has an ounce of responsibility. Because the extremely right wing NRA blocked legislation to ban assault weapons, ON the exact same day as this shooting, a white, non-islamic male was arrested on his way to possibly commit a shooting as well - this alone is evidence that Islam and lefties aren't the problem - its the USA's overly obsessive desire to symbolically retain their 'rights' by having fricking assault weapons free for purchase.

I 100% stand by my argument, in a court of law, there is not sufficient evidence that the attack was a homophobic attack. The left wing has allowed terrorists into Western nations, what NRA exists in France and Belgium? The right have been saying for years what is going to happen, even saying how gay leftists who support such migration are even more stupid, but the left didn't listen.

Thanks to the left, there are now ghettoed Islamist communities in Western nations, that are going to continue to produce terrorists for years, congratulations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending